Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions

Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions

Saturday, June 16th, 2012 1:53am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 42,049

Courtesy of mobile_nippa we have images of MP-13 Soundwave and minions Laserbeak, Ravage, and Rumble/Frenzy from Takara's presentation at the 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show.

Credit(s): mobile_nippa

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390601)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:10am CDT
:BOT:
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390602)
Posted by LiKwid on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:10am CDT
MP-13..Takara/hasbro...your doing it right...
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390603)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:13am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:I don't think I have ever more been more impressed with Laserbeak or Rumble as toys. Soundwave looks fantastic as well. Ravage, man he seems to be difficult to get, "just right". I like what I see so far though. I gladly made a preorder this morning. Kabaya Fort Max is tempting me as well.
:BOT:

I'm sure with Ravage posed properly, he'll look really cool. Soundwave is easily going to be one of the best masterpieces to date.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390604)
Posted by Random on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:15am CDT
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390605)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:17am CDT
Random wrote:Is it just me or does the Jet Vehicon look like a flying car? I was actually hoping for a sweet jet mode, due to the car vehicon being pretty decent.

I love the fact that it looks like a car (pretty much does in the show too). Makes me think a bit of 'The Fifth Element'. I need it in my collection.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390606)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:18am CDT
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390607)
Posted by Skywarp64 on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:28am CDT
IS THAT... A KABAYA FORT MAX? :D :D :D :D :D
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390608)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:29am CDT
Evil_the_Nub wrote:I know I'm probably late to the party on this, but Jet Vehicon is just a regular Vehicon after drinking a red bull? That's not right.

Just like in the show.
Man Jet Vehicon looks like a total badass.

Also, I'm loving the MP line more with every new reveal.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390609)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:33am CDT
I found this image over in mobile_nippa's gallery page:

MP13 and his cassettes are in perfect scale.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390610)
Posted by zodconvoy on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:35am CDT

Seriously, they hit it over the wall, over the crowd and into the lights with this one. Out-freakin'-standing! :DANCE:
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390611)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:37am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:So Soundwave will be the same height as Optimus and Starscream and fits G1 tapes!?!?! I f*cking DARE someone to say this isn't perfect now! :lol:

No Ratbat, not perfect. I joke of course, Soundwave looks better and better with every single picture that appears.

Does anyone know what is up with Red Alert here?

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390615)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:56am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:

Just like in the show.
Man Jet Vehicon looks like a total badass.

Also, I'm loving the MP line more with every new reveal.

Well in robot mode kinda, but not really in vehicle mode.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390616)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:57am CDT

But he can't be used as a real radio [-(

Trikeboy wrote:
Does anyone know what is up with Red Alert here?

:shock: Holy sh*t, just what I wanted! :KREMZEEK:
AutoBerserk_Red_Alert_glowing_circuits.jpg

That's a cartoon reference to Auto Berserk, where he completely looses his mind.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390617)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:59am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:

But he can't be used as a real radio [-(

Trikeboy wrote:
Does anyone know what is up with Red Alert here?

:shock: Holy sh*t, just what I wanted! :KREMZEEK:
AutoBerserk_Red_Alert_glowing_circuits.jpg

Thanks Dead Metal, I must have missed/forgotten that one.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390618)
Posted by Random on June 16th, 2012 @ 2:59am CDT
Nvm
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390621)
Posted by zodconvoy on June 16th, 2012 @ 3:44am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:

But he can't be used as a real radio [-(

Have you ever once noticed a station dial on Soundwave? No? That's because he's a tapedeck! Still perfect! :P

Dead Metal wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:
Does anyone know what is up with Red Alert here?

:shock: Holy sh*t, just what I wanted! :KREMZEEK:
AutoBerserk_Red_Alert_glowing_circuits.jpg

Crazy sparks! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390623)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 16th, 2012 @ 3:59am CDT
Argh, Black Convoy/Nemesis Prime/whatever. I want it, but will never afford it.

MP Soundwave gets better and better. Seriously impressed with everything about him. I didn't expect the Energon cube to attach to his chest, that's pretty awesome. The minions are looking really great too. Maybe Ravage less so, but he could be posed better.

Jet Vehicon has a bit too much purple, but I still want it. I really hope Hasbro makes all these Japanese reveals happen here also.

Terrorcon Bumblebee, eh... I wish that was an indication that they're killing him off on the show, but alas I'm sure they'd never do that. :p
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390631)
Posted by Gundamu on June 16th, 2012 @ 4:39am CDT
Boy, does that Jet Vehicon look sweet. I hope there's a Hasbro release...
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390634)
Posted by Blurrz on June 16th, 2012 @ 4:47am CDT
Jizz Jizz Jizz
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: MP-13 Soundwave and Minions (1390638)
Posted by RhA on June 16th, 2012 @ 5:35am CDT
ZOMBLEBEE!

There. I've said it.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse - IRONHIDE - Commander Class -00500" on EBAY