This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

Monday, April 18th, 2022 6:34PM CDT

Categories: Site Articles, Editorials, Top Lists
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 125,127

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Every two weeks, Seibertron.com brings you a Top 5 list related to all things Transformers written by me. These are my opinions (just like movie or game reviews hosted by sites are still just the opinion of one person) so what matters most is what you guys think of the topic or list, and I hope to see your own lists or comments on omissions and ranking. Let's have fun! All previous lists can be found here. Some images for this article come from Toybox Soapbox.


Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

With the Cyberverse show over and the toyline now being the place where the Rise of the Beasts 2022 toys will be released, I felt it was time to look back at the toys made for the Cyberverse show. While the show did end up winning over a lot of fans in the later seasons (if you didn't watch the first half of season 3, you are missing out), the toyline was never made to win over older fans. It was a toyline for kids through and through. There were some pretty fun toys in there and I am looking at the ones I think are the best of the lot.


5. Deluxe Soundwave

Soundwave is one of the best characters from the Cyberverse show. While some characters get hat is the equivalent of a cameo, Soundwave got a full arc from Cybertronian citizen just having a good time, to ruthless Decepticon soldier, to Cybertronian resistance warrior to Cybertron's ultimate hero. And he had a great design too, which is why the toy looked disappointing from the start for not fully invoking the design and having some issues with kibble. But the toy won me over. It's very solid, has a fun transformation and comes with a cute transforming Laserbeak. In the end, it gives us another good Soundwave toy and e finally have a good toy for this wonderful version of the classic character.

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys


4. Warrior Hammerbyte

This is a really fun toy of a new original character. While he is indeed a warrior as opposed to a deluxe figure, he feels more like a toy from the Cybertron line with nice hard plastic and a simple yet also meaty transformation. And it has a great design in both modes plus a fun non intrusive gimmick. And all for the low price of yesteryear's deluxes. So yeah, very reminiscent of the Cybertron line, which is something you will hear a lot of in the next entry.

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys


3. Ultimate Grimlock

No other Cyberverse toy aimed only at kids even comes close to being as awesome as him. He is very imposing and really commands the space he takes. While he is light, the plastic feels strong and durable. The transformation is not too difficult but interesting and there are even surprises in it for people who know the typical Grimlock conversion inside and out. He has decent poseability and fine gimmicks that don't get in the way. Plus, he is the size of a leader class toy, almost 9 inches tall and only cost $30 USD. Design, transformation and articulation wise, this is almost like a Grimlock we would have gotten in the fabled 2004-2006 Cybertron toyline.

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys


2. Deluxe Slug

While I love animated Slag, I think this guy takes the cake as the best deluxe Slag/Slug we've ever gotten. Now that I think of it, is he the best deluxe toy to represent one of the Dinobots? Could be. He has great articulation, including his horns which actually have their own transformation step, even the SS86 leader Slag doesn't have that. Lots of accessories, a nice colour palette with many differently coloured plastics working well together and a simple yet very well done hand to "paw" transformation. The face is very expressive too.

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys


1. Deluxe Bumblebee

This is one of the greatest deluxe Bumblebee toys we have ever gotten and that is saying a lot since there have been some really good deluxes lately. This one works really well though since it finally gives us a version of that Evergreen design which combines multitude of now classic Bumblebee elements. While probably unintentional, I really like how the black and yellow plastic around the feet are perfectly aligned with the stripes on the car roof making it look like the car's design runs deep within the robot's innards. Nice car mode, great robot mode, good articulation, smart transformation, nice weapon storage for the gun in car mode, relevant accessories with unique blast effects make this an all around winner.

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys

Honourable Mentions:

Deluxe Arcee: the car mode is super cute and a fun new take on Arcee. there is very minimal alt mode integration with the robot mode but at least the backpack you get is show accurate.

Deluxe Megatron: too loose for my liking in important areas but that transformation is really amazing. I love toys that feel like origami where you are shaping a vehicle into a robot and that's what this was, especially for the upper torso/back.

Warrior Cybertronian Starscream: now this is how you make a simpler toy! Articulation is not jeopardized, neither are proportions or the look of either mode. It simply requires few steps to get from one mode to the next. Of course, that is not always achievable, but when it works it can be a thing of beauty and the perfect toy for a kid wanting to mimic the speed of conversion seen on the show.

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2131649)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on April 18th, 2022 @ 6:56pm CDT
Glad to see the return of Top Lists, Will!

I find Slug to be an overrated figure- I had him, then promptly pawned him off to a friend. He's just boring and fiddly. The sleeper hit of the line is definitely Hammerbyte, so I appreciated his inclusion on the list.

:SG-CONS:
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2131653)
Posted by Emerje on April 18th, 2022 @ 8:11pm CDT
I don't have a lot of Cyberverse figures, but I have all of these because they're such good figures. Not the order I'd go, though, mine is like this:

5. Deluxe Soundwave
4. Deluxe Bumblebee
3. Ultimate Grimlock
2. Warrior Hammberbyte
1. Deluxe Slug

Emerje
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2131655)
Posted by SimianProphet on April 18th, 2022 @ 8:25pm CDT
I generally don't comment on these lists much (or really much at all), but I gotta say that I think Cyberverse Deluxe Thunderhowl is one of the most overlooked figures in some time.

The character did not play much of a role in the show, and was an odd choice to make a deluxe of, with all the other fan favourite characters available. If it weren't for the toy coming with the Build-a-Figure head, most collectors (myself included) probably wouldn't have bothered picking it up.

I was expecting a simple 'arms become front legs, legs become back legs, flip up the head, done' transformation, and those steps are all present, but I was pleasantly surprised by how involved and creative the torso, hips, and weapon storage were. If you aren't paying attention, it is even pretty easy to miss the step where the hips slide out and pivot upwards to give the wolf form a more animal-like body shape.

I may be the only fan of this figure, but it has my vote for best figure of the whole 1st wave of Cyberverse Deluxes (I have not collected any beyond that wave), which ought to at least earn it an honourable mention, right?
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2131658)
Posted by sol magnus on April 18th, 2022 @ 8:47pm CDT
I finally saw those repacked Wheeljacks at Target today.
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2131667)
Posted by william-james88 on April 18th, 2022 @ 11:44pm CDT
SimianProphet wrote:I generally don't comment on these lists much (or really much at all), but I gotta say that I think Cyberverse Deluxe Thunderhowl is one of the most overlooked figures in some time.

The character did not play much of a role in the show, and was an odd choice to make a deluxe of, with all the other fan favourite characters available. If it weren't for the toy coming with the Build-a-Figure head, most collectors (myself included) probably wouldn't have bothered picking it up.

I was expecting a simple 'arms become front legs, legs become back legs, flip up the head, done' transformation, and those steps are all present, but I was pleasantly surprised by how involved and creative the torso, hips, and weapon storage were. If you aren't paying attention, it is even pretty easy to miss the step where the hips slide out and pivot upwards to give the wolf form a more animal-like body shape.

I may be the only fan of this figure, but it has my vote for best figure of the whole 1st wave of Cyberverse Deluxes (I have not collected any beyond that wave), which ought to at least earn it an honourable mention, right?


Thunderhowl is quite a puzzling toy for me. Yes, the transformation is not at all what I expected. But we still end up at a rather similar result. Which makes me wonder what it was all for. Plus, the robot mode is not accurate, especially compared to the Ultra Class figure which has the correct chest and sword hilt. The character design is really unique with those elements and it's too bad the deluxe dis not integrate them. Honestly, between the Ultra and Deluxe, it's the deluxe that I was thinking of including in honourable mentions.

You mentioning that extra step to give the wolf a more animalistic shape does make me curious though, I don't know if I had missed it or not.
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2131722)
Posted by bluecatcinema on April 19th, 2022 @ 2:15pm CDT
Some great choices there. As for me, I liked the Allspark Armor Skybyte figure.
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2131760)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 19th, 2022 @ 7:29pm CDT
Some pretty good picks here. My personal Top 5 would be:

5) Deluxe Cheetor: This guy has such fun robot mode energy. The armor pieces help some with that, but just as a base he is really fun. He looks so show accurate, and he's a lot of fun to mess with. I wish the cheetah mode was a bit better, but overall, he is really fun and a good toy of one of the best characters in the show.

4) Spark Armor Sky Byte: Outside of the static head, this guy is so much fun. Great shark mode, fun robot mode, the spark armor is the best spark armor, and just fun to fiddle with. He is what sold me on the spark armor figures when they were coming out. He is really fun.

3) One Step Whirl: this guy is loads of fun. Is he posable? not really, but he is super fun to transform back and forth and he has a great design. He is loads of fun to mess with.

2) Deluxe Bumblebee: this is a great Bumblebee that encapsulates the fun design they gave him while being fun, interesting, very posable, and has his weapons. He is really good, really good. Very enjoyable toy.

1) Ultimate Grimlock: best representation of a fun toy that has a lot going for it and can overcome its shortfalls in pretty spectacular fashion. He is so much fun, and what few shortcomings he does have his fun factor overcomes them. He is so much fun, best of the best.

Honorable mentions: Ultra Clobber, Deluxe Slug, Deluxe Prowl, One-Step Repugnus, and scout Scraplet
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2131821)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on April 20th, 2022 @ 4:20pm CDT
That was a great read Will, and for someone (like myself) who doesn't collect Cyberverse it's rather eye-opening!

One little thing: "your fellow editor" suggests you're only addressing other editors ;)
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2131861)
Posted by william-james88 on April 20th, 2022 @ 9:41pm CDT
RotorstormNZ wrote:That was a great read Will, and for someone (like myself) who doesn't collect Cyberverse it's rather eye-opening!

One little thing: "your fellow editor" suggests you're only addressing other editors ;)


Thanks man, I'll remove that from here on out.

And to all those who commented, I was thinking of including that Sky Byte, I love that little guy. But I find all these molds slightly better. Still, would have made for a bigger variety in the list for classes.
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2132355)
Posted by PhelesDragon on April 27th, 2022 @ 9:11am CDT
This list omits Ultra Thunderhowl AND includes deluxe Soundwave? Oy, like what you like, but that Soundwave was such a disappointment for me. And I really wanted to love it because his character was actually awesome in the show.

Seriously though, Ultra Thunderhowl is the best CB figure, and you can't convince me otherwise.
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2132373)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on April 27th, 2022 @ 5:38pm CDT
PhelesDragon wrote:Seriously though, Ultra Thunderhowl is the best CB figure, and you can't convince me otherwise.

I have Ultra Thunderhowl, and while I enjoy him, he's held back by Cyberverse's low budget. If that line had Generations-levels of cash thrown at it, Thunderhowl would undoubtedly be on this list.

:SG-CONS:
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2132379)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 27th, 2022 @ 7:47pm CDT
PhelesDragon wrote:This list omits Ultra Thunderhowl AND includes deluxe Soundwave? Oy, like what you like, but that Soundwave was such a disappointment for me. And I really wanted to love it because his character was actually awesome in the show.

Seriously though, Ultra Thunderhowl is the best CB figure, and you can't convince me otherwise.

I will agree Ultra Thunderhowl is better than his deluxe self. Top 5? for me, not quite there, but he is an upper tier bot for sure
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2132383)
Posted by william-james88 on April 27th, 2022 @ 8:58pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
PhelesDragon wrote:This list omits Ultra Thunderhowl AND includes deluxe Soundwave? Oy, like what you like, but that Soundwave was such a disappointment for me. And I really wanted to love it because his character was actually awesome in the show.

Seriously though, Ultra Thunderhowl is the best CB figure, and you can't convince me otherwise.

I will agree Ultra Thunderhowl is better than his deluxe self. Top 5? for me, not quite there, but he is an upper tier bot for sure


I have the same opinion. Though, now that I think of all these great figures I might turn this into a top 10 one day.
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2132384)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 27th, 2022 @ 8:59pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
PhelesDragon wrote:This list omits Ultra Thunderhowl AND includes deluxe Soundwave? Oy, like what you like, but that Soundwave was such a disappointment for me. And I really wanted to love it because his character was actually awesome in the show.

Seriously though, Ultra Thunderhowl is the best CB figure, and you can't convince me otherwise.

I will agree Ultra Thunderhowl is better than his deluxe self. Top 5? for me, not quite there, but he is an upper tier bot for sure

I have the same opinion. Though, now that I think of all these great figures I might turn this into a top 10 one day.

One thing that still surprises me about the toyline that seems like a large omission: despite his prominence in the show, Perceptor never got a Cyberverse toy.

also, they could totally have made the 5 main Mercs. All 5 had pretty decent figures to work with.
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2132866)
Posted by Rogue-Primal on May 7th, 2022 @ 5:39pm CDT
I see your Grimlock and say the Deluxe Version is a LOT better. It includes a crown for him compatible in both modes(needs more color though) He is nice and big size for a deluxe and has a flamesword compatible with a mouth-compartment.


Spark Armor Bumblebee and Spark Armor Grimlock are both really good toys too. Warrior Soundwave with Laserbeak is also a honorable mention. Because of the translucent pink i created personal joke called "Soundwave, let me out you're cooking me alive!"
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2134593)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on May 26th, 2022 @ 1:52pm CDT
Spark armor Prowl and Shockwave were great, I even made a fan mode for the later.
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2137560)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 7th, 2022 @ 6:58am CDT
I regret passing on that Ultimate Grimlock. If I can find him at a decent price... Also for that deluxe Bee and Soundwave, both are not on my personal list because both are annoying to transform. They are fiddly as hell.

My top 5 would be (even though I didn't bought much Cyberverse):


5) Deluxe Arcee: She may be the best Arcee toy ever made after the yet to be beaten T-30.

4) Deluxe Slu/ag: That transformation was surprisingly fresh and he looks amazing. Only thing preventing him from perfection is that many things tends to pop off.

3) Ultra Thunderhowl: This guy is super cool and bad-ass looking in both mode plus his transformation is simple fun.

2) Warrior Hammerbite: Will pointed out the why.

1) Ultra Skullcruncher: No one like this guy? He's fantastic! Sure, he's not a Headmaster. But he makes up for it by being the BEST Skullcruncher toy ever. Even beating the original G1 and the Titan Return! The gimmick is fun, the transformation is clean, both modes looks perfect and he feel GOOD in hand... Like (indeed) a old Cybertron toy.

Image
Re: Top 5 Best Transformers Cyberverse Toys (2137675)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on July 8th, 2022 @ 11:40pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I regret passing on that Ultimate Grimlock. If I can find him at a decent price... Also for that deluxe Bee and Soundwave, both are not on my personal list because both are annoying to transform. They are fiddly as hell.

My top 5 would be (even though I didn't bought much Cyberverse):


5) Deluxe Arcee: She may be the best Arcee toy ever made after the yet to be beaten T-30.

4) Deluxe Slu/ag: That transformation was surprisingly fresh and he looks amazing. Only thing preventing him from perfection is that many things tends to pop off.

3) Ultra Thunderhowl: This guy is super cool and bad-ass looking in both mode plus his transformation is simple fun.

2) Warrior Hammerbite: Will pointed out the why.

1) Ultra Skullcruncher: No one like this guy? He's fantastic! Sure, he's not a Headmaster. But he makes up for it by being the BEST Skullcruncher toy ever. Even beating the original G1 and the Titan Return! The gimmick is fun, the transformation is clean, both modes looks perfect and he feel GOOD in hand... Like (indeed) a old Cybertron toy.

Image


I'm trying to decide what Arcee to get, that's good but a decent price. Many praise Cyberverse Arcee, but I really dont see why.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #43 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 MAR220502 43B (CA) Deer"
TRANSFORMERS #43 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 NOV200364 27B (CA) Powell (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 NOV200370 2B (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #9 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Manley (W) Budiansky 230926B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Zeck (W) Hama 231208Z"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 231010I"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0124IM329 7D (CA) Allen (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1B GI JOE 1023IM260 (CA) Aja (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 2B Griffith"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #1 Cvr A IDW Comics JAN200696 1A Fullerton 240427A"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS vs TE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #3 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Autobots Mini-Bot"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #11 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915G"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #352 - Revenge of Buzzsaw
Twincast / Podcast #352:
"Revenge of Buzzsaw"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, June 15th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON