Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free!

Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free!

Sunday, February 17th, 2008 10:40am CST

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 17,589

Toys R Us is running a promotion from now until February 23rd - buy two Transformers figures and get a third free! The free item must be equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Limited quantities available.

See the ad on the official Toys R Us site by clicking here.

Credit(s): Toys R Us, Allspark.com

This article was last modified on Sunday, February 17th, 2008 10:49am CST

Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634803)
Posted by The Chaos Bringer on February 17th, 2008 @ 10:50am CST
Too bad Toys R Us doesn't actually have transformers anymore. Or Target. Or Wal-Mart. Or anywhere.
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634806)
Posted by Pot Bot on February 17th, 2008 @ 10:52am CST
wonder if the uk tru has the same offer?
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634807)
Posted by Crosscheck on February 17th, 2008 @ 10:52am CST
You beat me to the comment. I wish they had the Movie Wingblade in.
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634809)
Posted by magnusupreme on February 17th, 2008 @ 10:54am CST
Is this offer only in America?
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634818)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on February 17th, 2008 @ 11:15am CST
The TRUs by me have been a bust lately, so I can't see any real good coming from this.

Then again if it applies to Star Wars TFs too, this would be a good excuse to go get a Death Star, and 2 more of Leader Brawl.

Gotta bolster those assault ranks!

Anyhow, let me go reread this...
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634823)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on February 17th, 2008 @ 11:17am CST
:BOOM: and me with no extra money my tru just had the new LandMine, Stockade and a few other AllSpark figures I want
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634859)
Posted by Cascadia on February 17th, 2008 @ 11:55am CST
If TRU only has movieline toys, which I have my fair amount...I will pass this one. However, if the local TRU has other lines, I might consider it.
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634872)
Posted by Decatron on February 17th, 2008 @ 12:12pm CST
Not much of a selection left for me, but I'm done with movie figures anyway.
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634874)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on February 17th, 2008 @ 12:13pm CST
My TRU has squat so this sale means nothing
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634875)
Posted by Agent 007 on February 17th, 2008 @ 12:14pm CST
MM i can Buy Landmine, Dropkick and get Stockade free! :grin:
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634883)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on February 17th, 2008 @ 12:19pm CST
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634901)
Posted by YoImLegend on February 17th, 2008 @ 12:41pm CST
I know they've given official release dates for animated at Toy Fair, but it seems like every store is doing sales like this. They are really trying to clear their shelfs out, maybe to cycle through the death rattle of the movie line a little quicker for... something???
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634916)
Posted by TFBuyer on February 17th, 2008 @ 1:17pm CST
Caelus wrote:Might be a good time to pick up some of the Real Gear figures I was on the fence about...

It's like you reached into my face and took my words. But not as weird.
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634938)
Posted by woosh on February 17th, 2008 @ 1:48pm CST
wow. too bad we don't get anything like that in our country.
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (634941)
Posted by muswp1 on February 17th, 2008 @ 1:48pm CST
The TRU's by me haven't had anything in about a month or so.
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (635225)
Posted by imotron on February 17th, 2008 @ 8:58pm CST
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (635243)
Posted by Moonbase2 on February 17th, 2008 @ 9:41pm CST
I saw this today, and though TRU was packed to the gills with TFs, they were all movie line. No interest!
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (635271)
Posted by MagnusPrimal on February 17th, 2008 @ 10:26pm CST
imotron wrote:Why don't do this kind of offer/promotion later in August perhaps when we have Classics 2.0

Or at least when Animated shows up? I have zero interest in the movie line, and I'd think that most of those who do would already have most, if not all, of the figures.
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (635315)
Posted by Wolfhart on February 17th, 2008 @ 11:04pm CST
Woot! I just got a TRU gift card for my birthday. Here's hoping the local TRU has some worthwhile items.
Re: Toys R Us: Buy Two Transformers Toys, Get a Third Free! (635336)
Posted by tygertone214 on February 17th, 2008 @ 11:31pm CST
Toys R Us dosn't have anything these days anyways. Fred Meyers here in northwest just had the same sale, buy 2 get 1 free, except it was for ANY ACTION FIGURE including Transformers, Star Wars, G.I. Joes ect.... They ususally run the ad every 3 months or so. Good for buying leader class in bulk for kitbashing or Ebaying!!!!!!.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers IF EX-26R Racing Bros. Retrograde (Runabout)(Runamuck)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES DELUXE SOUNDWAVE w/ LASERBEAK MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Quintesson Judge Allicon Sharkticon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Decepticon Blackout with upgrade DNA" on EBAY