Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help

Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help

Saturday, June 6th, 2009 6:25am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 32,175

allspark- Michael Bell, the voice actor for the Generation One cartoon's Prowl and Swoop is requesting the help of the fans.

"To all my Transformer buds,

I recently directed a demo for a series of motion graphic "Transformers" comics which could be downloaded via iPhone, iTouch, and other outlets. Many talented professional actors provided the voices for the characters in the demo including myself. The plan was to present it to IDW Comics who had shown more then a passing interest in this budding new concept. With a go ahead on producing the series, I would be employing the talents of as many of the original voices from the early series as possible. I had already cleared this with my fellow "Transformers" actors, and everyone was waiting in the wings for the response from the powers at IDW comics.

After months of mulling over it, they ultimately passed on the idea, and surprise surprise, decided to produce their own graphic motion novel without the voices or even the superbly heightened animation. So, essentially what you now have the ability to download is a plain old comic book.

Nothing new there.

SOooooo, I am taking my request to the troops. To all the die hard fans who I have met over the years at Botcon conventions, or who have written to me asking about my experiences working on one of the most inventive animated series in TV history- I need your help! I am requesting that you do something for me and my fellow actors, so we can in-turn do something really cool for you.

Please contact IDW and let them know that their concept of a series of comic books based on "Transformers" WITHOUT the talents of voice actors, especially many of the original voices, just doesn't cut it.

Please ask them to contract Creative Producers Chris Folino and William Katt, and make a deal for them to produce their concept of a downloadable graphic motion comic series of "Transformers" with - Hide quoted text - professional actors, progressive animation, and lotsa sound effects.

On behalf of all those actors, animators, and studio techs that will get an opportunity to carry on a great tradition,

I thank you,
Michael "Prowl/Swoop" Bell"

You can see the original request here, and check out the sample of the IDW motion graphic novel below.

Credit(s): Michael Bell, The Allspark

Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932752)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 6th, 2009 @ 6:44am CDT
Heh, they weren't spending months mulling the idea over. They were planning how to steal the idea. But I'll be more than glad to send a letter. I like the snippets of 'live-action' comics that I have seen so far and would like to see more of them.
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932778)
Posted by ashe5k on June 6th, 2009 @ 7:36am CDT
I might actually pay money for the version with the voiceovers. Not a straight comic.
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932786)
Posted by Dragonslayer on June 6th, 2009 @ 7:55am CDT
Yeah, I bought the Watchmen motion comics off of iTunes and thought that was pretty cool. A Transformers motion comic would be excellent 8)
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932808)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on June 6th, 2009 @ 8:39am CDT
Would LOVE to see more of this come to fruition. Did something like this myself with the War Within comics a year ago (and yes... I am still working on episode 2... just haven't had a lot of free time).

You can better believe that I'll send my support their way. I do, however, hope that they avoid using the "shadow" effect of object movement. A few moments of Photoshop can fill in the missing bits, after all...
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932809)
Posted by karellan on June 6th, 2009 @ 8:41am CDT
I'm actually really surprised IDW didn't go for it. It seems to be the next big thing over at Marvel and DC (the Watchmen one is probably the most well-known, but they have lots of them). I don't understand why IDW would want to push tech that's already outdated. It's like pushing your great new laser disk movie right after DVD was invented.

Transformers: The Movie! Now available in Betamax!
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932835)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on June 6th, 2009 @ 10:03am CDT
That was seet but weird to hear Michesl Bell's voice come from Skywarp
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932836)
Posted by CrabHeart on June 6th, 2009 @ 10:03am CDT
REALLY REALLY REALLY o rly? REALLY REALLY!!! want to see more. go prowl go!!!
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932843)
Posted by Wheeljack144 on June 6th, 2009 @ 10:31am CDT
That was really excellent. I would love to see that product come to fruition.
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932848)
Posted by PoweredConvoy97 on June 6th, 2009 @ 10:41am CDT
Go on Prowl! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932855)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 6th, 2009 @ 10:56am CDT
What? No Welker?
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932857)
Posted by typh0id on June 6th, 2009 @ 11:07am CDT
Motion comics actually annoy me...Don't care for them...But that one IS at least well done and Megatron sounds awesome :D Pretty f-ed up for IDW to just jack their idea like that...Not really surprising, but still wrong...
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932866)
Posted by CrabHeart on June 6th, 2009 @ 11:28am CDT
hey there might not be frank as megs but still. we need this. atleast i do. we need some kind of g1 animation going on..
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932880)
Posted by -Soundwave- on June 6th, 2009 @ 12:17pm CDT
I am impressed, my letter is gettin' sent.
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932892)
Posted by Hard Hacker on June 6th, 2009 @ 12:42pm CDT
Bell's Starscream voice is pretty good. Hell, I'd say it was a far better take than Latta's iteration.

Anyway, so we'll have to download a comic over an animated feature with established talents...

I know which one I'd prefer.
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932909)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 6th, 2009 @ 1:21pm CDT
Would love to see more of that. Bell is great as Starscream. Closest I've ever heard to Latta. Just seems weird to think of the voice of Prowl doing Starscream so well. His Skywarp is cool too.

Always liked his performance as Prowl. Had a certain calmness to it as befits his logical, patient tech Specs.

Really liked him as Raziel in the Soul Reaver/Legacy of Kain games.

Pity TFCog couldn't get him for their fandubs.

Anyway, would be great if IDW picked up on this although I'd recast Megatron. I can do a pretty good Welker-esque Megatron myself. Be cool if Bell could persuade IDW and then Welker to do it.
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932941)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 6th, 2009 @ 2:26pm CDT
Wow that was awesome. His Starscream is the best ive heard in a long time. Bell is one of my favorite voice actors of all time. Not only did he do some of my favorite voices in TF but he also voiced some of my favorite video game characters as well, Raziel (Legacy of Kain) and The Fear (MGS3:Snake Eater)just to name a couple. Ill be sending out a letter next chance i get. I also think we should maybe get a petition going or some kind of mass letter that we all sign. The more we do the better chance this will become a reality.
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (932976)
Posted by Solrac333 on June 6th, 2009 @ 4:37pm CDT
I want to see THAT cartoon. THAT is Transformers. :grin: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (933008)
Posted by Firebird on June 6th, 2009 @ 6:06pm CDT
That was awesome!

I all of a sudden care about All Hail Megatron, It's amazing what some good voice talent can do. I would gladly buy this.
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (933151)
Posted by Vectorshot on June 6th, 2009 @ 10:40pm CDT
That was awesome!!! I'd love to see more.
Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help (933153)
Posted by Blurrz on June 6th, 2009 @ 10:44pm CDT
That was pants-wetting material right there.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G.I. Joe Sky Striker Starscream Cobra Commander 2011 SDCC Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class COG - WEAPONIZER! Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Firedrive WFC-S1" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Roadhandler & Swindler WFC-S4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Pteraxadon Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Springer" on EBAY