Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008?

Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008?

Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 8:57am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Interviews
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 30,531

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

IESB.net has posted an interview with the Transformers Movie producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura wherein he states that, baring any delays from the on-going writer's guild strikes in Hollywood, the sequel to the blockbuster Transformers Movie should begin filming on June 2nd, 2008 - what di Bonaventura calls their "unofficial" start date.

Di Bonaventura goes on to say that director Michael Bay has "designed alot of great stuff already" and has "alot of great sequences imagined".

You can read the entire interview on IESB.net by clicking here

Credit(s): Lorenzo di Bonaventura, IESB.net


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597500)
Posted by First-Aid on January 8th, 2008 @ 9:00am CST
Sounds like the June 2009 release date is still pretty accurate. As I remember, it took about a year from the beginning of filming of the first one until the release...maybe a tad longer. Good news though. Here's to ending the strike soon.
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597521)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on January 8th, 2008 @ 9:30am CST
This worries me... shouldn't they have a script first?

Bay: "Okay... guys... you're driving in Bumblebee... and you have a discussion. Now... talk."

Shia: "Um... what do I say?"

Bay: "Well... we don't have a script, so just make things up. We'll dub it in later!"

Shia: "@@#%@#%"

Bay: "Great!"
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597546)
Posted by Robinson on January 8th, 2008 @ 9:53am CST
Nowwhere has it been said that they don't have a script. Also he specifically says "barring any delays" so that could mean many things, but if they are planning a start date then they have something ready to work with.
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597596)
Posted by Abilor on January 8th, 2008 @ 10:55am CST
Good Scripts = Good Movies.

I will wait until Xmas 2009 if I have to, and the delay would probably sort it out nicely...

That said, I would imagine that Orci et. al. have already ironed out the major events for both the second and third sequel. As you say above me, the draft is already done, it's good editing that is needed. As someone who is (trying to) finishing a major writing project, editing is where the rubber meets the road, for sure.

I would also imagine, however, since so much money is at stake, and Orci et. al. stand to benefit as much as anyone, that they are probably slipping drafts and notes back and forth across the "picket line" in the form of clandestine, encrypted, proxied emails. I don't see anything wrong with this either, since the whole point is to enhance writers' stakes in their projects. In any case, I doubt it's as if Bay hasn't convened with his writing team in some fashion since the strike began, at least informally to get business settled so production can go ahead.

$$$
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597661)
Posted by SolCross on January 8th, 2008 @ 12:32pm CST
condensed version: their script, like all Hollywood scripts, probably didn't get any rewrites before the strike. Rewrites are necessary to clean up the script to prune out unnecessary dialog or make things more "in-character". A script will filter through a handful of writers (some credited, some not) before it's good to go.
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597700)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 8th, 2008 @ 1:32pm CST
SolCross wrote:condensed version: their script, like all Hollywood scripts, probably didn't get any rewrites before the strike. Rewrites are necessary to clean up the script to prune out unnecessary dialog or make things more "in-character". A script will filter through a handful of writers (some credited, some not) before it's good to go.



So TF2 will be like the first one.
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597730)
Posted by polystyleneman on January 8th, 2008 @ 2:10pm CST
Already? Can't we have some more time to heal after the horror that was the first one?
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597748)
Posted by Robinson on January 8th, 2008 @ 2:28pm CST
polystyleneman wrote:Already? Can't we have some more time to heal after the horror that was the first one?

You can have all the time you want. The rest of us will be waiting to see how they tackle a new story and compliment the first one.
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597765)
Posted by Omega Charge on January 8th, 2008 @ 2:47pm CST
Just bring it on!!!
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597800)
Posted by Decepticon Spike on January 8th, 2008 @ 3:28pm CST
Let's hope the strike ends soon, so we can get this movie made...as well as get rid of all of the reality TV crap on the air.
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597807)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on January 8th, 2008 @ 3:32pm CST
Gee, I wonder who Bumblebee will piss on this time...
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597815)
Posted by Robinson on January 8th, 2008 @ 3:39pm CST
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:Gee, I wonder who Bumblebee will piss on this time...

All of the people that incessantly whine about the movie for no real good reason other than it's not what they expected it to be in the mind.
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597846)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 8th, 2008 @ 4:11pm CST
Didn't they say most of the writing was complete before the strike even started.

Hell, I bet most of it was done when Paramount said they'd do more of these films.
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (597937)
Posted by Blitzwing the warrior on January 8th, 2008 @ 5:19pm CST
June 2nd is quite a long time, im guessing this date is a prediction. I believe Bay and Co believe that the strike will be over by then and a working script will be ready
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (598188)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 8th, 2008 @ 8:56pm CST
TV shows are coming back without the writers, that right there hurts them alot.

Basicly, they will get something from all this, but Late Night has pointed a gun that the rest of the media is just waiting to pull the trigger on...
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (598195)
Posted by SolCross on January 8th, 2008 @ 9:01pm CST
Liege Evilmus wrote:TV shows are coming back without the writers, that right there hurts them alot.


I think you mean talk shows are coming back. :P Normal TV shows ain't budging anytime soon until that strike ends, so don't expect to see any new scripts for Lost, Heroes, or anything else.
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (598250)
Posted by ***Galvatron*** on January 8th, 2008 @ 10:03pm CST
Robinson wrote:
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:Gee, I wonder who Bumblebee will piss on this time...

All of the people that incessantly whine about the movie for no real good reason other than it's not what they expected it to be in the mind.


Agreed completely!
It's the pre-conceived notions that people have or what they expected to see in the movie just because it has the name Transformers in it that ruined it for them, not Michael Bay.
We already had Transformers the 1986 animated movie, why do we need another one or even a live action cgi movie with the exact same designs.
This movie was a retelling to a certain extent with enough elements of G1 for even the casual transformers fan to like, this was never intended to be a hardcore G1 fan boy wet dream film and to those that thought that I say have fun living in 1984 for the rest of your lives.
I love G1 but there needs to be room for other things too and while the first movie was not perfect it was good and hopefully they will get better.
Just remember that there are a lot people that think that Empire strikes back is better than Star wars so I see the potential in the sequel...just imagine the potential it can have if they learn from some of the mistakes of the first one.
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (598292)
Posted by polystyleneman on January 8th, 2008 @ 10:44pm CST
People don't "whine" about TF because its a Transformers movie, they criticize it because it was a failure of a movie by almost every respect.

It's just a fact. You can still choose to enjoy it or even donate money to Bay's bankrolls by buying DVDs or whatever if you like. Although you deserve much better for your money.
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (598310)
Posted by SolCross on January 8th, 2008 @ 11:08pm CST
polystyleneman wrote:People don't "whine" about TF because its a Transformers movie, they criticize it because it was a failure of a movie by almost every respect.

It's just a fact. You can still choose to enjoy it or even donate money to Bay's bankrolls by buying DVDs or whatever if you like. Although you deserve much better for your money.


lol opinion
Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008? (598341)
Posted by Robinson on January 9th, 2008 @ 12:08am CST
polystyleneman wrote:People don't "whine" about TF because its a Transformers movie, they criticize it because it was a failure of a movie by almost every respect.

It's just a fact. You can still choose to enjoy it or even donate money to Bay's bankrolls by buying DVDs or whatever if you like. Although you deserve much better for your money.


I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I wish I could make 800 million dollars and still be considered a failure.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #267:
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE RED ALERT & BRAWN, Universe Legends 2008" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skytread Unopened" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY