Transformers 3 Breaks Out the Fireballs on Michigan Avenue

Transformers 3 Breaks Out the Fireballs on Michigan Avenue

Monday, July 19th, 2010 2:15am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Press Releases
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 43,308

One of the Tribune's columnists, Luis Arroyave, wanted to let us know that he got some great footage from yesterday's Transformers 3 shoot here in Chicago. We'll let the article take it over from here.

The awesome stunts, part of the three-day “Transformers 3” shoot on Michigan, took place right in front of Pioneer Court. The first two explosions went off, one after the other, for about eight to 10 seconds, shooting fireballs, debris and sparks into the air. The third was brief, but still noisy.

Mayor Richard Daley was on hand for the first spectacle and watched director Michael Bay’s version of fireworks from the sidewalk by Pioneer Court.

Feel free to read the rest of the article over at Luis' blog!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Chicago Tribune, Luis Arroyave

This article was last modified on Monday, July 19th, 2010 10:07am CDT

Re: Transformers 3 Breaks Out the Fireballs on Michigan Avenue (1100007)
Posted by Editor on July 19th, 2010 @ 3:45am CDT
Re: Transformers 3 Breaks Out the Fireballs on Michigan Avenue (1100059)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on July 19th, 2010 @ 7:35am CDT

Take ROTF: real-life missile strikes and dropped bombs would NOT look like 5th of November! (Or 4th of July to Americans! Haha)
Re: Transformers 3 Breaks Out the Fireballs on Michigan Avenue (1100075)
Posted by Joshua Vallse on July 19th, 2010 @ 8:02am CDT
Editor wrote:Wacker Drive likely hasn't seen that kind of action since the Bluesmobile was making a b-line for Daley Plaza.

Well, they were on a mission from God. 8)
Re: Transformers 3 Breaks Out the Fireballs on Michigan Avenue (1100129)
Posted by First-Aid on July 19th, 2010 @ 10:36am CDT
Swiftknife24 wrote:Why is it that most of the explosions in the Transformers films look like fireworks? :P

Actually, my brother (who saw very heavy action in Iraq shortly after the fall of Baghdad- he was USMC) commented that the explosions were very accurate for the most part- especially the big ones- and resembled airstrikes enough to make him uncomfortable at the movie (he still suffers from PTSD from his combat time).

Besides...me likey big boom boom. :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers 3 Breaks Out the Fireballs on Michigan Avenue (1100139)
Posted by im ruined on July 19th, 2010 @ 11:09am CDT
Re: Transformers 3 Breaks Out the Fireballs on Michigan Avenue (1100146)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on July 19th, 2010 @ 11:18am CDT
First-Aid wrote:

Besides...me likey big boom boom. :KREMZEEK:

im ruined wrote:DUDE! I had just got out of the marine corps right as the 1st movie came out. All of you civilians have no dag gone idea of how PERFECT Micheal Bay Directed all the military scenes. Semper Fi to your brother &my brother now too :APPLAUSE:

*Sigh* I'm not questioning how accurate they are or Bay's directing in the least, I'm just saying how they look to me! :P

But do excuse me for any ignorance; I do have respect for those in the military forces.

(I think I forgot to add 'I don't think...' in front of 'real-life missile strikes...' Oops O.O)
Re: Transformers 3 Breaks Out the Fireballs on Michigan Avenue (1100148)
Posted by First-Aid on July 19th, 2010 @ 11:22am CDT

Thank you for serving, dude. I am kinda the black sheep in my family in that I was the only one who didn't go military (two brothers to the Corps and my sister fixed jets for the Navy). I was unfortunately disqualified for service by a back injury from a car accident my senior year, otherwise I would have gone in as well. I was VERY heavily recruited by the Corps...believe it or not, for the USMC Orchestra! Heh heh...a musician with guns...it's like hip hop except with talent!

And Michael Bay has to do a good job with the military to make up for idiots like James Cameron who do nothing but bash it.
Re: Transformers 3 Breaks Out the Fireballs on Michigan Avenue (1100346)
Posted by Stormrider on July 19th, 2010 @ 5:49pm CDT
Re: Transformers 3 Breaks Out the Fireballs on Michigan Avenue (1100361)
Posted by Editor on July 19th, 2010 @ 6:22pm CDT
Joshua Vallse wrote:
Well, they were on a mission from God. 8)

Indeed Josh. Yes they were. :grin:
Re: Transformers 3 Breaks Out the Fireballs on Michigan Avenue (1100472)
Posted by First-Aid on July 19th, 2010 @ 10:11pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:The skyrockets look so lame. Bay does it in each of his movies and everytime I see it I cringe.

Not an unusual thing, especially when electrical lines are involved. I've seen em come down a couple times and the effects are very similar to those "rockets".

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY