Thursday, October 29th, 2015 12:46PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 46,764

The Transformers Collectors Club just revealed via their official Botcon site, that Predacon General Seaclamp will be a repaint of the yet to be released Scattershot retooling of Silverbolt! Check out the final digital mock-up mirrored below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Transformers News: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed
Credit(s): TFCC, TF_JW, ScottyP

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737738)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 29th, 2015 @ 12:53pm CDT
The BotCon Twitter has something to say about this new headsculpt - https://twitter.com/BotCon/status/659372098146672641

Two things. Seaclamp's is the UGLIEST head we have ever sculpted. That said. It turned out BEAUTIFULLY!
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737739)
Posted by YoungPrime on October 29th, 2015 @ 12:55pm CDT
1 little, 2 little, 3 little repaints....
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737740)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 29th, 2015 @ 12:58pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:1 little, 2 little, 3 little repaints....
Remold. New headsculpt.

Cicadacon's the only redeco.
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737741)
Posted by Mkall on October 29th, 2015 @ 12:58pm CDT
I'm really not into this set. The last set I was detesting this much was Machine Wars and I came around on it.

This set though...
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737743)
Posted by ScottyP on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:05pm CDT

YoungPrime wrote:1 little, 2 little, 3 little repaints....
Posts like this add nothing of value to the discussion. Broadly speaking, this is what TFCC and Botcon toys have been, are, and will continue to be.
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737744)
Posted by Deadput on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:05pm CDT
That head is a little creepy like a skeleton.

Has some customizing/kitbash potential
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737745)
Posted by maxpower011 on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:06pm CDT
oh hey, another re-use of that mold. That whore-of-a-mold is sure getting rode hard and put up wet.
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737746)
Posted by william-james88 on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:06pm CDT
People have said that it was too bad these had no indication or homage to their beast forms and I always disagreed with saying that there were some nice homages and callbacks here and there. That being said, I see none here this time. Aside from the fact that he has the color of a boiled lobster.
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737748)
Posted by Starsaber468 on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:12pm CDT
Can someone fan mode its alt mode it a lobster like alt mode?
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737749)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:14pm CDT
Starsaber468 wrote:An someone fan mode the alt mode it a lobster ish thing
Scattershot's not out yet.
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737751)
Posted by ScottyP on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:14pm CDT
Starsaber468 wrote:An someone fan mode the alt mode it a lobster ish thing
Huh?
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737752)
Posted by TF_JW on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:15pm CDT
The tail fin of the "plane" mode looks fantastic as a lobster tail hanging down the robot mode's back side. And I think the "shield" on the forearm is a clever clamp-like homage to the beast mode as well.

Add that to the alt mode not looking too absurd as a futuristic submersible and I do kind of like this mold as a pre/non-beast Seaclamp.
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737753)
Posted by william-james88 on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:19pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:I thought I might like this. I don't. Nothing I've seen about these toys makes me really care about them. Ramhorn looks neat. The other four just exist.

I am a big Beast Wars fan since that is what I grew up with and those were my first toys. I find these fun but not worth the asking price. If they were available at retail for the standard retail MSRP, I would have bitten. What I am curious about Scotty, is seeing what the fan reaction would have been if these were issued by Takara. I would imagine people complaining that they arent getting them released stateside.

Also, to anyone complaining about redecos, are you aware of what Botcon toys are? They are NEVER new molds. No one should expect a new mold from these since thats simply not what it is. It's like E-hobby exclusives or the subscription service. I can understand ignorance but in that case, those who are unaware of what botcon exclusives or TF Club toys are will be happy since they will never see them in stores and thus these repaints wont bother them :)
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737754)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:21pm CDT
Despite what everyone says, I am diggin the set and can't wait for the combined mode picture. I will try my damndest to get this set as long as combined mode is boss :BOT:
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737757)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:32pm CDT
Oddly enough, I like this one the best of the Tripredacus trio thus far. I have no emotional investment with the originals (indeed, I prefer to see the show versions/these guys as distinct entities from the toy trio... they're just too different to reconcile in my mind, so I think of them as either "guys who happen to share names" or "this universe's version") and so have never desired to see them in "toy colors" vs. the "show colors" we're getting. I have felt that the red on the other two was a bit overdone, and don't really know why this one doesn't make me think the same thing.

For whatever reason, I just feel that this one "works."
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737758)
Posted by Bed Bugs on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:33pm CDT
Now I'm starting to wonder. At the end of the Botcon 2006 comic, we seen Botcon Razorclaw and his new batch of Predacons as those in charge of Laserbeak and Buzzsaw.

I see them as being another Predacon faction we'll see the Council fight for power. Predaking version 2.0 vs. Quin-Predacus in the comic perhaps?

This has the potential be an interesting Civil War story. We already have 3 established Predacon factions.

1. Tripredacus Council + Agents
2. Razorclaw + Predacons v2.0
3. Cryotek + Megatron's Crew

Should be interesting to see if we get any explanation why the cassettes were split between factions 1 and 2. What if they repurpose Classics Ratbat from that Target 2 Pack as Predacon Ratbat in the comic and make him another agent or faction leader?

Despite the toys not interesting me, the fiction does.
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737759)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:38pm CDT

(By the way, I'm going under the assumption that Megatron and his Predacons were rebels vs. the "main" Predacons of Beast Wars-era Cybertron. This is, I think, firmly established. Thus, any on-screen machinations by the Tripredicus Council against Megatron's Predacons in no way establishes them as opposed to Predacons, in general.)
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737762)
Posted by Munkky on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:39pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:Any Beast Wars mega-fans just totally stoked by this set? I like Beast Wars, but don't love it so much as to pore over all the content like I know some do. Curious what the take on these is from that perspective.

I'm always excited for new Beast Wars toys, but I'm not overly fond of this BotCon set. I barely remember the Tripredacus Council from the show, when I first saw them (I was about seven) I didn't even realise they were Predacons, or Transformers at all, so I have no real attachment to them. And while I know the colours of the BotCon set are based on the show, I would probably be more interested if Sea Clamp and Cicadacon were in their toy colours (green and white for Cicadacon, brown and purple for Sea Clamp).
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737764)
Posted by Bed Bugs on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:44pm CDT
G.B. Blackrock wrote:I'm still not quite understanding this concept, presented a couple of times now, of the Tripredacus guys (and their allies) as on a different side than the Predacons. It seems to me that they ARE the Predacons (or, at least, their leaders) and always have been. This is speculative, to be sure. I'm just not seeing where any suggestion that the Tripredacus folks had to wrest control away from some other Predacons as any less speculative.

The box set is literally called "Rise of the Predacus"

They can't rise if they are at the top from the beginning. I'd be inclined to agree with you speculation that they were on top if the set were called "Rise of the Predacons" instead though. That'd show that the whole faction exists due to the council leading them. Right now the name implies that the Tripredacus Council doesn't have power and has to seize it first.
Re: Transformers BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Predacon General Seaclamp revealed (1737767)
Posted by william-james88 on October 29th, 2015 @ 1:47pm CDT

Yes, megatron and his crew are rebels. On Cybertron, Predacons and Maximals are at peace with oneanother though they dont really get along. I always found it kind of mean how Rattrap and Cheetor hated predacons and talked of them like they were second class citizens (they even had racial slurrs and catchphrases).

And yes, the pradacus counsil was always simply Predacons, but higher ups.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

Buy "Rare Transformers BotCon Shattered Glass Ratchet Assembly Class Stickers sheet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Scrapmetal #41" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series #40 Shatter Action Figure New & Sealed!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS SMASHDOWN FIGUER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 LongHaul Constructicon Devastator Hasbro Yellow Long Haul" on EBAY
Buy "SOUNDWAVE - Siege War For Cybertron - Transformers Voyager Class 2019 - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Shattered Glass" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Dropkick #22" on EBAY