Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone

Transformers News: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone

Friday, August 4th, 2017 1:59AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,639

Fellow Seibertronian kurthy has shared with us the email from the no-longer-official Transformers Collectors' Club, letting us know that their online store is now open to anyone - including those who never had an account with them - and you can grab the final items left if you feel like it.

Read more below, and check out their wares here.

kurthy wrote:"We have now modified the store system so that everyone can now order the former Transformers Collectors' Club items!

If you did not have a membership or you had lapsed many years ago, just put the Toyarama Store Account
in your cart (no charge) and the store will let you establish an account and order. You can find this item under the Membership tab.
You only have to do this once.

Our current sale ends tomorrow!

Check out these items on sale now at the club store!

2006 Cheetor
2016 Return of Blurr Storybook

Thanks!

Brian"
Credit(s): TFCC

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901859)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on August 4th, 2017 @ 7:09am CDT
I think this is because they don't want to discount the items to finish selling off their stock to club members. I look at the store fairly often for new discounts cause there are items I'd like but not willing to pay some of those prices for.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901863)
Posted by kurthy on August 4th, 2017 @ 7:35am CDT
Not to mention the sale ends today, then they go back to their normal ridiculously high prices.

If they're no longer official product, shouldn't the galleries of those items be moved to 3rd party or removed? Also, shouldn't you stop reporting when they make an announcement about toys they were going to release?
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901864)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 4th, 2017 @ 7:37am CDT

The have the 2015 BotCon Exclusive Waruders (4 pack) at $43.94 which is pretty much a steal (not counting shipping of course)
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901865)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 4th, 2017 @ 7:40am CDT
kurthy wrote:

I would think the product remains official since it was created under the license, just the company selling them is no longer official.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901868)
Posted by kurthy on August 4th, 2017 @ 7:54am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:There's some stuff on clearance. It's still more than retail prices, but depending on how much you want the figure it can be a bargain.

Wouldn't that be less than retail? $11 for a deluxe with a minicon, maybe a deluxe on clearance. Versus buying it on it BBTS for $160. Same with the two botcon sets, much less than you could find them on other sites and eBay.

I want the combiner to finally get clearanced...
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901870)
Posted by RAR on August 4th, 2017 @ 7:55am CDT
$112.00 for a Terrorsaur... er OK

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901891)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 4th, 2017 @ 8:44am CDT
kurthy wrote:

I want the combiner to finally get clearanced...

That was the only set that could be considered less than retail (again the shipping price will jack it up).
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901892)
Posted by kurthy on August 4th, 2017 @ 8:55am CDT
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901895)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 4th, 2017 @ 8:59am CDT
RAR wrote:$112.00 for a Terrorsaur... er OK

No, $112.00 for a rare convention-only registered attendee figure from a year ago that happens to be Terrorsaur. Context means something, man.

Or would you rather pay the full price of $140.00 before shipping?

I mean, that's like getting mad at some uber-limited Japanese exclusive campaign figure going for triple-digits on eBay when it's worth exactly that much.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901908)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 4th, 2017 @ 9:44am CDT
kurthy wrote:There are some other good value ones like burnout/lifeticket, armada ramjet, transmutate, Lio convoy, Nova prime (there are others but I don't remember which one's, not interested). And some of those come with full display boxes. Then there's the 2013 and 2014 boxed botcon sets for $130 which is only slightly more than a Hasbro retail release. Those are honestly the only ones I'm interested in because the price is justifiable to me for a limited run exclusive. Terrorsaur at $120, not on your life!

Damnit, I didn't even notice the 2015 Botcon set was marked down.

Just grabbed it. Now my bank account is in the toilet. :-(
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901911)
Posted by Kurona on August 4th, 2017 @ 9:48am CDT
I'd grab a Depth Charge if shipping to the UK wasn't absolutely bonkers :(

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901913)
Posted by o.supreme on August 4th, 2017 @ 9:55am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RAR wrote:$112.00 for a Terrorsaur... er OK

Or would you rather pay the full price of $140.00 before shipping?

They've been going for $200-$300 on eBay, so that's a steal I'd say...
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901960)
Posted by Arlekkin on August 4th, 2017 @ 12:04pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I'd grab a Depth Charge if shipping to the UK wasn't absolutely bonkers :(

The thing is that with the postage on some of the items, they are still as worth as if not cheaper an e-hobby exclusive or in my case are almost the same price as a deluxe class at retail. In my country a deluxe class at retail is around €25 - €30. The Diaclone explorers 2 pack postage included = €35 each.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901968)
Posted by thor20 on August 4th, 2017 @ 12:24pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901970)
Posted by Black Hat on August 4th, 2017 @ 12:28pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901972)
Posted by Seibertron on August 4th, 2017 @ 12:38pm CDT
Black Hat wrote:I kinda want those Waruders but I'm not sure I can justify paying the no-doubt extortionate shipping fees. Not to mention they don't take PayPal.

They like Paypal if you have a Paypal Debit Card! ;)
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901973)
Posted by Black Hat on August 4th, 2017 @ 12:41pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

They like Paypal if you have a Paypal Debit Card! ;)

Wait, is this a joke or is this serious?

Legit, I have no idea. The 'tism strikes again I guess.

(Also I seem to recall they lost a bunch of people's bank details so I think I'm gonna steer well clear of 'em. Oh well, maybe I'll be able to go to TFNation and get them there.)
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901974)
Posted by Arlekkin on August 4th, 2017 @ 12:43pm CDT
thor20 wrote:Any idea how to actually buy? Trying to figure out how to add toyarama's account?

Had the same problem.... Now I'm in an even worse case. I'm at check out, each time I try to pay I get an AVS mismatch error message, the order didn't pass through but still the payment from my credit card was effected. #-o
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901981)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 4th, 2017 @ 12:57pm CDT
Arlekkin wrote:

I added the toyarama account the way you would an item to your cart. I have no clue if it made a difference, but I purchased the items as a new buyer anyway.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Online Store Final Sales Now Open to Anyone (1901988)
Posted by deliciouspeter on August 4th, 2017 @ 1:07pm CDT
Cool. Good prices on some stuff, but that shipping always kills it for me. Hat and the idea that the whole scarcity farce is why these sale prices seem reasonable in he first place.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Combiner Wars Offroad Complete Generations Menasor - Time Remaining: 9 days 15 hours 58 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class SKYWARP Decepticon Hasbro Sealed - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 11 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Roadbuster complete with Reprolabels - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 22 seconds
Transformers Prime Optimus Prime Complete Deluxe First Edition - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 1 minute 51 seconds
Transformers Prime Airachnid Complete Deluxe Class RID Helicopter - Time Remaining: 6 days 15 hours 3 minutes 14 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Springer complete - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 4 minutes 33 seconds
transformers prime first edition arcee - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 6 minutes 15 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Double Dealer complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 6 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent