Monday, July 21st, 2014 12:09pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 20,042

Thanks to fellow Seibertron.com member and podcaster xRotorstormx, we can confirm that the TFCC Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator figures are now arriving for those who purchased them! So keep an eye on your mailboxes, and compare what you're about to get with the Seibertron.com gallery of the figure here.

Transformers News: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving

Credit(s): xRotorstormx

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592277)
Posted by durroth on July 21st, 2014 @ 1:31pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592281)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 21st, 2014 @ 1:43pm CDT
durroth wrote:got mine today. only problems so far are the knees being too loose, the legs not pegging into themselves tightly in robot mode (the holes for the pegs are way too big for the pegs), and an instruction sheet that doesn't give you adequate instructions for transforming him properly to beast mode. does anyone have the original dirgegun instructions? I really need a scan of those

BWII D-25 Dirgegun Instructions, courtesy of Fortmax' Transformers Instruction Archive
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592295)
Posted by durroth on July 21st, 2014 @ 2:33pm CDT
... okay, so they're the same instructions... I don't suppose anyone can tell me how to properly peg the arms onto the chest?
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592357)
Posted by dedcat on July 21st, 2014 @ 7:24pm CDT

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592376)
Posted by Heckfire on July 21st, 2014 @ 8:42pm CDT
Ebonyleopard wrote:Worst Secret, EVER.

BUT, still glad it's confirmed, because seriously, I need a sports obsessed robo jock in my collection.

Funny how there's been zero fiction about him though from IDW. Is he related to Rewind? Do they even know one another?

"ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBAAAALLL?"
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592393)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 21st, 2014 @ 9:48pm CDT
dedcat wrote:It will be easy enough to fix these problems. I am just curious to know if anyone else is having similar issues, or did I just get a dud?
Haven't had a chance to transform him yet, but yes to the smaller bug legs being swapped. I've never done any surgery on the Waspinator mold, so I don't know how easy it is to pop them off those rods without breaking anything.

Of course the funny part is, these problems are wholly appropriate for the character. He had to have been reassembled improperly a few times in his career.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592394)
Posted by durroth on July 21st, 2014 @ 9:50pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592401)
Posted by Flashwave on July 21st, 2014 @ 10:15pm CDT
durroth wrote:The gun fits on mine, just... no other weapon, his fists are just like, just a tiny bit too small for 5mm weapons. Damned beast wars era non-standard weapon sizes

My Post Office lady handed me mine as I was leaving thehouse for work. Knew I shoulda clawed for the news credit... Oh well.

Goit mine, My Thrusty seems to be good and tight. Wasp legs backwards, I knew they wee colliding with th wings oddly but I hadn't noiced they were upside down. I have balance issues with mine, but I think that's sim[ply wieght, his knees peg in alright to the shin, although theactual knee peg itself not so much. He feels... rubbery. He's not, by any means,but the plastic reminds me of a wet piece of thick rubber on a hot day. Just interesting to note.

Really like this figure, he by no means fits anything in my collection (everyone in my collection is part of some story, the Universe effect) But I like him and I'll keep him.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592405)
Posted by durroth on July 21st, 2014 @ 10:37pm CDT
I've discovered that the thing that annoys me more than any mold problems is that I can't get all 4 of his smaller feet to touch the table at the same time when the arms are pegged to the chest.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592428)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on July 22nd, 2014 @ 12:16am CDT
I had no issues other than the bug legs that are kind of loose and were assembled backwards, lol, btw here is the link to the video review I made for this figure just in case you guys want to take a look at it feel free to do so. Here is the link

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592492)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 22nd, 2014 @ 9:03am CDT
If anyone finds a 'perfect' match to repaint that big yellow eye to blue, please post what color you find.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592497)
Posted by ScottyP on July 22nd, 2014 @ 9:17am CDT

Mine had swapped black bug legs but it's fine otherwise. Thankfully that's the easiest fix ever since those aren't screwed or pinned in.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592519)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 22nd, 2014 @ 10:25am CDT
Mine had the legs reversed, no issue there.

But it did have a pin that was no pushed far enough into the body, preventing the gun head mode.

Kind of lame. Their QC really has been lousy lately.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1592538)
Posted by Moonshot on July 22nd, 2014 @ 11:32am CDT
Got my Thrustinator yesterday and he seems fine to me except for the reverse bug leg thing. This figure was one of the ones I liked least but now that I have him in-hand, he is actually pretty cool.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1593840)
Posted by helli0n on July 26th, 2014 @ 12:40am CDT
dedcat wrote:Thrustinator is a bit of a QC nightmare. His black bug legs on the forearms are swapped, his gun does not fit in either hand, the alt mode head wont stay pegged together and his knees are the loosest things since loose moved to loose town. I can't get the figure to stand for more than a few seconds.

I had the swapped bug legs on mine too. Also had something wonky with the hip (think there was excess plastic inside) that caused it to break once the screw was in. So I'm getting a replacement figure from FunPub. Hope the new one has proper bug legs. No problems with the gun or head...
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1594325)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 28th, 2014 @ 6:09am CDT
Baltmatrix takes a look at the, hilariously named, Thrustinator! Take a look at the big pink thrust here!

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1594396)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 28th, 2014 @ 11:10am CDT

As for issues that are fixable with a quick swap (like the black bug legs) thats no big deal. We need to complain about the big stuff and let those easily remedied issues slide... big QC issues, if we like the character choice, mold selection, etc.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1594409)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 28th, 2014 @ 11:45am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:A lot of these issues are due to the mold being quite old. If we want neat, occasionally vintage molds... this will sometimes come with the territory. And honestly, I DO like them digging deep for some of these... like the G1 headmaster for Botcon. Very cool surprise.
Well, technically, they didn't have to dig too deep on the Headmaster head since it was made available by Takara's Encore Fort Max release from last year. It even has the same "backwards thighs" misassembly the Encore release had (but this is minor since it doesn't affect the transformation or playability).
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1594414)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 28th, 2014 @ 11:57am CDT
I know they didn't have to look hard for it at the factory, but really I meant "digging deep" chronologically ... like, outside of the box of the last wave of toys released.... but I get what you mean.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving (1594591)
Posted by Va'al on July 29th, 2014 @ 5:59am CDT
Have you received yours yet? Considering looking for it? Check out below a video review of TFCC's exclusive Thrustinator repaint, courtesy of Seibertronian Fires_Of_Inferno - and refresh your memory with one of the two Seibertron.com dedicated galleries!

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Force Stuntwing & Bumblebee Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Jazz LOT (Jazz, Ratchet)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise RID Prowl Hasbro  2000 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Three-Step Changers Stealthasaurus Rex Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Transformers 5: 2016 Camaro "BUMBLEBEE" 1/24 Scale with Collectible Coin!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RiD Soundwave 100% Complete Instructions Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise RID 1 Step Changer - Quillfire" on EBAY