Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak

Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak

Wednesday, May 27th, 2015 1:52pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 49,835

Soundwave has sent noted Decepticon spy Laserbeak to learn everything he can about the Combiners. He’ll be sending reports all summer long, so check in to see the latest Combiner news.

Transformers News: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak

Credit(s): Transformers Facebook

Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691228)
Posted by MaverickPrime on May 27th, 2015 @ 2:44pm CDT
Burn wrote: ALL the cassettes can form any limb. Army of One (and co.) and really taking the Scramble City idea to the max.

I...I don't really think the world is ready for so much awesomeness :BOWDOWN:
But hey, if one can dream...imagine, just try to imagine Soundwave combining with all his cassettes...AT ONCE, like, Frenzy and Rumble combining into an arm, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw into a wingpack, Slugfest and Overkill into a leg, Beastbox and Squalktalk the other leg and Ravage and Ratbat into the other arm...just try to picture it... :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691233)
Posted by Bradimus on May 27th, 2015 @ 3:24pm CDT
Burn wrote:Gotta love how we're all (myself included) so short sighted that we only talk about Soundwaves original little buddies, forgetting the ones that came along later.

Heck, Ratbat has gotten just as much love as the others but none of us mentioned him!

So here's a fantasy for you all.

Soundwave, as the torso, ALL the cassettes can form any limb. Army of One (and co.) and really taking the Scramble City idea to the max.

I'm game.

Rumble using Rook's mold. I think it works well as the demolitions expert.

Frenzy using the Streetwise mold. The sirens fit with his sonic "battle cry."

Garboil using the Air Raid mold. He generates "a powerful cacophonic blast with a subsonic override signal" that fits the F-14 well.

Glit using the First Aid mold as he is a doctor.

Howlback also using the Rook mold. She fires "Multi-Track Missiles" and has a "Feedbacker Shield" so I can see this mold working well for her.

Beastbox also using the Rook mold. As he pummels opponents into scrap I can see him using the giant combiner fists in battle.

Ratbat using the Firefly mold. The wing kibble looks like a cape and the Harrier fits with Ratbat's flying style.

Enemy using the Breakdown mold. I don't know what his ability is, so I'm going with a cool look for the little lunatic. If he is supposed to be Rumble in the wrong colors and given a new name for marketing then why not another Rook mold? Talk about making Soundwave Superior a beast!

Buzzsaw using the Skydive mold. Both are strategists and I'm looking for an excuse to use the mold.

Sundor using the Alpha Bravo mold. He has "automatic-targeting blasters that fire Corona rays" that might be best used by a helicopter.

Flip Sides using the Alpha Bravo mold. She has the ability to manage "waves of remote-controlled combat drones" which might best be suited to a helicopter as it hovers over the battlefield. The Firefly mold could be an option as well.

Wingthing using the Viper mold. He's basically a target master.

The rest need beast forms and as we don't know if we are getting any I'll leave that speculation to someone else. >:oP
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691239)
Posted by Bradimus on May 27th, 2015 @ 3:41pm CDT
Bradimus wrote:Rumble using Rook's mold. I think it works well as the demolitions expert.

Frenzy using the Streetwise mold. The sirens fit with his sonic "battle cry."

Just so there is no confusion, I want to describe my vision for Rumble and Frenzy's paint schemes.

Rumble is blue with blue highlights.

Frenzy is a black police car, with his hidden robot mode parts painted in red.

So basically, they have their cartoon color schemes. =;

But that's just my vision. For all I care they can both be blue if that makes everyone happy since they are completely different molds. :PEACE:
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691244)
Posted by Sir Soundwave42 on May 27th, 2015 @ 3:43pm CDT
I would love if we got a Soundwave from the Optimus Prime mold but I don't want Laserbeak or any other minions to be deluxe class
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691247)
Posted by Moosey on May 27th, 2015 @ 3:52pm CDT
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691257)
Posted by Bradimus on May 27th, 2015 @ 4:02pm CDT
Moosey wrote:I'd be down with a Soundwave/Casseticons combiner. However, I will point out that legends class Stripes was rumored a while ago, so I'm not getting too excited for a full combiner in the thoughts that we could just get legends class figs to go with Soundwave, which would be cool, but not nearly as AWESOME as a full combiner.

Right, but Burn posed the question of full on Scramble City speculation fun, so with that in mind what would your Soundwave Superior look like? /:)
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691259)
Posted by MrBlack on May 27th, 2015 @ 4:05pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Continuing from yesterday's Combiner Wars related Soundwave post on the official Transformers Facebook page, fellow Seibertronian Moonshot has spotted an update featuring Laserbeak, in the same vein as the Decepticon believer - check out the page's description and the mirrored image below!

Secondary pursuit canon, eh?

G1 I assume. ;)
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691265)
Posted by carytheone on May 27th, 2015 @ 4:18pm CDT
If there is a Soundwave Superior, I would like to see any of beasty minions stay with a beast mode. I think the twins should be motorcycles. Looks like we are pretty likely to get a moto-mold.

MaverickPrime through out a neat idea of Legend class minions combining to form limbs. That's asking for too much, but an idea I can fully get behind.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691272)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on May 27th, 2015 @ 4:45pm CDT
...and then, 2 years later, we'll get Shattered Glass versions, and thus allow me to have another SG Ravage :-D
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691274)
Posted by Moosey on May 27th, 2015 @ 4:54pm CDT
Bradimus wrote:

I'll get back to you later! This is like asking someone to choose which of their children is their favorite!! :lol: But I most definitely will decide.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691277)
Posted by Tsutsukakushi on May 27th, 2015 @ 5:03pm CDT
Just hoping Hasbro for the CW toy line. Does not create a CW Deluxe groove in funky neon G-2 colors and that's it for the American release.

Won't mind Hasbro for America, Only releasing CW Deluxe Groove in a gift set. As long as it's in G-1 deco colors.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691332)
Posted by Moosey on May 27th, 2015 @ 8:19pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:

Secondary pursuit canon, eh?

G1 I assume. ;)

Haha not sure if hasbro just made a typo or if that's just a clever pun, either way it kinda makes sense as a pun.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691342)
Posted by peaces on May 27th, 2015 @ 8:50pm CDT
mmm blaster combiner repaint
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691345)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 27th, 2015 @ 8:59pm CDT
Well I just got this from UPS, decided to take pics in the park. :D He's nice, though I honestly like Alpha bravo as an individual better; i've joked but he is the hero; and to be the hero he needs to be separate from superion. I think when I get Firefly and Air-raid i'm going to come back to the fountain and take pics of the original limbs as a barber shop quartet.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691349)
Posted by King Kuuga on May 27th, 2015 @ 9:11pm CDT
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691353)
Posted by william-james88 on May 27th, 2015 @ 9:17pm CDT
noctorro wrote:
When is Devastator released for the main market?

If you mean brick and mortar stores, I would say late summer early fall. This guess comes from the fact that online retailers will be releasing him in the summer.

You cans stay up to date on his designated thread.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691356)
Posted by Agamemnon on May 27th, 2015 @ 9:21pm CDT
That Bot wrote:Is Quickslinger's white plastic really that much more vibrant than Alpha Bravo's or is it just the lighting?

It appears that my Quickslinger is just a bit brighter than Alpha Bravo. Perhaps sunlight enhances this difference. It's 9:20 PM here, so I can't confirm that. But in my LED lit basement, Quickslinger is just noticeably brighter.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691364)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 27th, 2015 @ 9:33pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:

I took the pictures at about 6pm in Portland OR's South Park Blocks. It is a bright picture, but Quickslinger's white is slightly brighter, than Alpha bravo's, in fact the tone and saturation of all of his colors are different. Example Yes those are remains of a frappuccino I was having.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691409)
Posted by Tsutsukakushi on May 27th, 2015 @ 11:32pm CDT
Got CW Brake Neck and Quickslinger in the mail today.

Quickslinger's robot head and helmet look like a hotdog in a bun. :lol: think it looks more like this on the Takara unite version as their is no blue sunglasses.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak (1691558)
Posted by Dagon on May 28th, 2015 @ 10:34am CDT
I picked up Blades and Streetwise yesterday.

I've got Alpha Bravo, it's a fine toy. But as Blades, this mold is really good. It's better because Blades is actually a character, and not like a generic throw away with the most generic name in the franchise.
If they do make Combaticons, I would hope for some real modification to this mold for Vortex, as it's fine as a rescue type helicopter, but it doesn't really say military or attack chopper to me. I know original Vortex is a basic helicopter as well, but I don;t think this CW copter is really working for me as a military one. Strangely though, chop off the rotor, add some wings, and I'd see this as Blast Off.

Yes, I know I'm months late with this idea. I don't really care though. I'm going to bring it back to cool.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Series 4 MEGATRON Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotCon 2003 T-Shirt XL Optimus Prime vs. Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot New MIB Betatron Combiner Scattorshot " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Ironhide New MIB Optimus Maximus Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BOTBOTS.Magic Tricksters.Series 4.The Great Mumbo Bumblo.Figure.NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus Prime New MIB Ultra Prime Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2011 Transformers Bot Shots Brawl new sealed series 1 017" on EBAY