Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video

Friday, March 4th, 2016 5:02pm CST

Category: Game News
Posted by: carytheone   Views: 28,437

Howdy fellow Seibertronians, we have a highlight video of the upcoming Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile game, which will be available on iOS and Android. You can pre-register for the game here. This video is brought to you by YouTuber TheGameHuntah and highlights several of the Decepticon classes available in the game. The video continues on to show the squad selection screen and highlights the importance of balancing classes before going into battle. TheGameHuntah wraps up the video with a demonstration of a battle and various tactics that can be employed.

Leader class Megatron has the ability to crash through walls.

Warrior class Blugdeon has high defense and can also crash through defenses.

Air class Starscream has medium range airstrikes.

Deployer class Soundwave can send his cassettebots to specific targets.

Gunner class Breakdown has long range attacks that can shoot over walls.

Scout class Kickback Glass Gas Mine ability causes targets to take more damage and grants extra ability points for buildings destroyed.

Transformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video

You can get a closer look at the in-game character models here. You may notice that some models are loosely based on previously released figures.

Have you pre-registered for the game yet? What do you think of the game so far? Hit the jump and sound off in the discussion below.

Remember to keep your browsers pointed to Seibertron.com for the latest in Transformer news, the largest Transformers galleries found on the web and the liveliest Transformers discussion this side of a space bridge.

Credit(s): TheGameHuntah via YouTube

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1771809)
Posted by Kyleor on March 7th, 2016 @ 8:17am CST
If you have an Android device and you're geo-blocked from getting the Beta through the Google Play store, you can still get the APK for the game outside of the Google Play Store, and try out the Beta to see the cool designs in-game. They look pretty good on an actual device. Also if you're playing Decepticon sometimes when you win a battle Megatron gives a nice long evil cackle that's just awesome to hear.

Join the Decepticons and the Seibertron in-game Alliance.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1771825)
Posted by carytheone on March 7th, 2016 @ 9:40am CST
Today we are bringing you another Transformers: Earth Wars video from YouTuber TheGameHuntah. Previously we brought you a more in-depth look at character classes. In this video TheGameHunter walks us through the tutorial and gives beginner tips. He reviews the basic rules of the game from both an offensive and defensive strategy. He then continues on to cover the importance of balancing your home base, the various resources required for basic tasks and the first few battles of campaign mode.

Transformers: Earth Wars is being developed by Space Ape Games and Blackflip Studios and will be available on Android and iOS. If you want to be first in line to play, make sure to pre-register here.

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1772558)
Posted by DR01DFARMS on March 10th, 2016 @ 7:59am CST
Has anybody read the player reviews recently on Google play? Not good
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1772615)
Posted by Va'al on March 10th, 2016 @ 11:13am CST
As we get close to the full launch for the Hasbro-Backflip-Space Ape mobile game Transformers: Earth Wars, their official Twitter account has posted a number of Autobot-centric wallpapers for mobile devices. Check the out here and mirrored below!

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1772910)
Posted by Optimall on March 11th, 2016 @ 11:52pm CST

See just how much you will get ripped off.
"Premium crystals" what a laugh.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1773001)
Posted by Va'al on March 15th, 2016 @ 12:36pm CDT
We received some fun news from Hasbro directly, as they attended SXSW this past weekend, and together with Mashable House, helped launch (yes, again) the upcoming Transformers: Earth Wars mobile device game. The event featured a new social media platform account on Snapchat, as well as a live set from the upcoming Roll Out album, with Mount Holly, and a Bumblebee suit like the ones seen at Universal Studios! Check out more info and images below!

If you haven’t already seen on social media, it was a MASSIVE week for the Transformers at SXSWi. The brand partnered with the Mashable House to spread the word about the Spring launch of TRANSFORMERS: EARTH WARS, a new real-time strategy combat game which fans can pre-register for now (at the hyperlink) to receive a free character when the game launches. The week also marked the official launch of OptimusPrime’s Snapchat (handle: optimusprime)!

As part of the action, Hasbro’s Transformers brought along a 10-ft tall, fully functional Bumblebee transformer that visitors had a blast taking photos with. Bumblebee was also in attendance for the TRANFORMERS PARTY on Saturday, March 12, where attendees drank custom cocktails like The Marg-a-tron and Bumblee-tini and rocked out to an exclusive live performance by Mount Holly, who performed their new title track Roll Out from the upcoming Transformers-inspired studio album Roll Out.

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1773037)
Posted by Kyleor on March 15th, 2016 @ 3:27pm CDT
DR01DFARMS wrote:Has anybody read the player reviews recently on Google play? Not good

Well the ratings are:
5 star 1913
4 star 471
3 star 253
2 star 103
1 star 270

So...it looks like its being received well. Plus the recent reviews are good.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1773486)
Posted by carytheone on March 17th, 2016 @ 2:29pm CDT
The Transformers: Earth Wars Facebook page has posted an update to the Hasbro-Backflip-Space Ape mobile game for players in New Zealand and Australia regions.

Alliance Wars are back!

TRANSFORMERS: EARTH WARS·THURSDAY, MARCH 17, 2016

A new update is available and Alliance Wars are back! This download is available to all players in New Zealand and Australia regions.

More information below:

Alliance Wars:

Faster matchmaking for Alliances
5 battles in a war
League Rewards Increasing
No Alliance projects or donations
Alliances now have the following roles - 1 Commander, 2 Officers, 3 Defenders

Other Improvements:

New Ability icons for Leader "Inspire" and Deployer "Deploy Minions"
New character portraits in Team screen
Soundwave's minions added to showroom
Various other bug fixes
In addition to the above update they have also posted a Starscream character spotlight video via the Transformers: Earth Wars YouTube account.

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1774991)
Posted by carytheone on March 23rd, 2016 @ 11:28am CDT
We have a new Transformers: Earth Wars spotlight video to share for the upcoming Hasbro-Backflip-SpaceApe mobile game. This time featuring everyone's favorite yellow bottle rocket, Bumblebee. This video and more can be found at the Transformers: Earth Wars YouTube channel or their Facebook page.

Don't forget to go pre-register your device here.

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1776315)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 29th, 2016 @ 3:30pm CDT
Fresh from the Transformers: Earth Wars Channel, we have a new video that spotlights the Space Bridge section of the game and features Breakdown. The new video, showing the free in-game Breakdown character transforming to vehicle mode and back in front of the space bridge, can be seen below. This video and more can be found at the Transformers: Earth Wars YouTube channel or their Facebook page.

Don't forget to go pre-register your device here.

So what do you think of Breakdown? Are you going to download the game? Let us know in the comments section what you think of the game, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers news and galleries!
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1776438)
Posted by King Kuuga on March 30th, 2016 @ 3:30am CDT
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1776560)
Posted by carytheone on March 30th, 2016 @ 2:48pm CDT
That Bot wrote:I have to say, the campaigns are fairly difficult once you get into the second and third maps. I try several times with various approaches and usually win by luck more than anything. Maybe I just suck at strategy. My team is megatron, Bludgeon, and the two star Starscream and Thundercracker. I usually let Megs lead with a seeker close behind, but the mortars do too much damage to him that is hard to compensate for, even if I charge into and destroy the nearest cannon fairly quickly.
Use your flyers to target the mortars and beam lasers first. Those need to be taken out as quickly as possible. Especially flyers that have acid rounds (those are super swesome). If weapons are close enough, you can target 2-3 with the flyers. Use a warrior like bludgeon to block for your weaker bots.

If you can, start attacking rivals to grind up levels. You may have to upgrade your scanner. Also look into your research station to upgrade your bots. You can carry a larger team into battle when you upgrade your ship.

The first part is pretty tough to get a foot hold in. Grind grind grind, also save your coins for another builder bot.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1776635)
Posted by King Kuuga on March 30th, 2016 @ 11:40pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1776666)
Posted by carytheone on March 31st, 2016 @ 5:58am CDT
That Bot wrote:I can quickly see the problem with this game, where they intend to trap impatient players. Energon is so much harder to collect than alloy and you use more of it. I have two Alloy refineries and two Energon mines and while my alloy is maxed, my energon is barely half full. All my team needs research (except Megatron, who I went ahead and spent energon on research for) and odds are by the time I can get them all researched and ready to level up again, Megs will be level 20 or something. Or I'll have stronger bots available, if my time in Legends and Battle Tactics is any indication.
Isn't that always the nature of these types of games, to get you to pull out your wallet? I'm always waiting around for resources and I tend to be short energon the most.

One of the first things I do is max my resource generators and storage. I also go fight to get more resources. I find that when I lose a battle I lose more energon than alloy.

So when I'm upgrading bots that only require energon (and spark of course) I spend my alloy on upgrading walls (that only need alloy). Once I get my bots upgraded I focus on my weapons before upgrading my HQ.

I only upgrade my HQ if I've run out of other stuff to do or I want to upgrade my scanner, research station or ship. I haven't been able to definitely put a finger on this, but I'm suspect that the higher lvl your HQ is the higher the lvl of people get to attack you (it may just take all you defenses into account though).
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1776682)
Posted by Burn on March 31st, 2016 @ 7:59am CDT
The higher your points the higher attacks you attract.

I have bot power around 2,900 and points around the same mark. I was attacking two spots above my recommended level and quite often winning. Slowly my points built up and once they went over 3,000 I now attract a lot tougher opponents, which, seeing as I spent so much time punching above my weight, my base doesn't match my points so I get thumped a lot.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1776689)
Posted by carytheone on March 31st, 2016 @ 8:47am CDT
Burn wrote:The higher your points the higher attacks you attract.

I'm in the same boat. I'm regularly beating zones that I'm under powered for.

I con confirm that someone told me that my base was in zone 9 while I was fighting in zone 7.

And by points you mean medals or rank?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1776789)
Posted by Burn on March 31st, 2016 @ 4:18pm CDT
Medals.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1776792)
Posted by King Kuuga on March 31st, 2016 @ 4:26pm CDT

BTW I'm in the Seibertron league, GentlemnPyro is my screenname there.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1776797)
Posted by Burn on March 31st, 2016 @ 4:37pm CDT
That Bot wrote:Speaking of which, what happens when your base is attacked? Do you have to rebuild? I apparently haven't been victim to any attacks yet, or at least I haven't been notified of it.

It's rebuilt automatically, you do lose resources & medals though. No idea how that's calculated though.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Decepticon Classes Highlight Video (1776806)
Posted by King Kuuga on March 31st, 2016 @ 5:15pm CDT
Do you know you've been attacked or do you just have to keep tabs on your resources?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Decepticon SHOCKWAVE  Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers: Ultra Class Slipstream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime & Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 - Burgertron, Poo Sham & Sticky McGee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Pime Talking BUMBLEBEE Beast Hunters LOOSE Action Figure HTF 2013" on EBAY
Buy "WB Hasbro Collectibles - Transformers Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Lot of 7 DINOBOT HOT SHOT CHEETOR RATCHET Complete! + MORE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties "Hot Shot"  Action Figure" on EBAY