Wednesday, April 27th, 2016 10:05am CDT

Categories: Game News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 33,848

Transformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more

Pre-register for Transformers Earth Wars today! http://bit.ly/20OZIOf

Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong!

After our sneak peek last week, the new campaign and new Transformers characters are coming your way this week, alongside new Headquarters levels!

Headquarters 13 and 14

Your HQ is the heart of your base and it is important to protect it well. That is why we’re unlocking Headquarters levels 13 and 14, allowing you to access additional buildings and upgrades to ensure its protection when your base is under attack!

Release notes - Version 1.24

Check out the release notes below for our next content update, which will be coming your way this week!
  • NEW AUTOBOTS: Windblade, Pyra Magna, Rust Dust & Sky Burst**
  • NEW DECEPTICONS: Blast Off, Onslaught, Divebomb & Scrapper**
  • New special abilities including the FUSION BOMB!
  • New weapons and attacks for some bots: Powerglide has a flamethrower, Firefly has a new fire-beam attack.
  • New League Rewards for Alliances: Win up to 150,000 Energon!
  • New Campaign: The Codex Showdown
  • Global Leaderboard Improvements: Visit other players
  • We have reduced the Bot skip costs before battling and also the times at higher levels.
  • Cliffjumper and Kickback are now Gunners and have a new ability.
  • Performance improvements to make the game run faster & smoother.
** We will announce in-game when the new bots are available

Character Spotlight

Don't take on the dangers of battle without a healer by your side! Ratchet will not only handle your repairs on the battlefield, but also deal damage to those vulgar Decepticons.

Check out our Character Spotlight video and see RATCHET in action!

Player Profiles

We’re once again reaching out to our top Autobot and Decepticon players to find out more about their love for Transformers, player background and favourite attack strategies.

In-game name: Kratos
Faction: Autobot
Headquarters Level: 12
Autobots unlocked: 23
Alliance name: TFGU Wreckers

Kratos is ranked at #9 in our top player rankings worldwide with 4,430 medals and is a Defender for one of the top Autobot Alliances "TFGU Wreckers". He has been a fan of the Transformers toys since childhood and despite siding with the Autobots, Barricade was his first Transformers toy and a character he’d love to see added to the game.

Kratos recommends keeping your Gunner behind your Warriors to protect them whilst they deal high damage from a distance. His typical attack strategy is to use his bots to target the most powerful defenses (Missile Launchers, Shock Towers and Beam lasers) so he can easily manoeuvre around the Decepticon base and destroy their Headquarters!

In-game name: MEGATRON
Faction: Decepticon
Headquarters Level: 12
Autobots unlocked: 16
Alliance name: DECEPTICONS

MEGATRON has been playing strategy mobile games for years. He started playing Transformers: Earth Wars shortly after the game was soft launched in Australia and New Zealand, where he saw the potential to build a strong Alliance and described the game as a "new and interesting dynamic to be involved in".

Currently ranked as our top Decepticon Alliance, "DECEPTICONS" have won over 50 Alliance Wars with their Commander MEGATRON. Despite achieving this, the most important aspect of the game to him is the players and his Alliance, where he enjoys working as a team in wars against the Autobots and helping new players.

In comparison to other games he has played, he found the battle system flowed well in Transformers: Earth Wars, such as the drop zone which affects the way you build and design your base and the emphasis that has been put on each bot.

Developer Interview

Our lead developer for Transformers: Earth Wars recently sat down for an interview with jON3.0 of Seibertron.com. Watch the video below to see Chris and Jon chat about the development of the game.

Share your feedback with us!

Please make sure to leave us a review of Transformers: Earth Wars in the App Store andGoogle Play Store. We love hearing your feedback, whether that be the good or not so good, so that we can continue to make improvements to the game.

You can also join us on Band where you can chat with the team directly, sharing your thoughts and suggestions with us.

Join us on Band

Credit(s): Space Ape Games

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 27th, 2016 10:05am CDT

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1784545)
Posted by megatronus on April 27th, 2016 @ 11:01am CDT
Burn wrote:
carytheone wrote:The game (as is currently) can be played to the fullest without ever spending a dime. I've had peaks and valleys in my enjoyment, but I haven't once felt like I had to dip into my wallet to enjoy the game more.

I disagree.

I don't know how the Alliance wars are on your beta, but on mine, it's very hard to compete if you're just relying on 1* and 2* bots. Even with a couple of 3*'s it's still tough going. And the only way to get 3* or 4* bots is to dump money, and even then it's more miss than hit.

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1784557)
Posted by carytheone on April 27th, 2016 @ 11:31am CDT
megatronus wrote:I have five 3-star dudes currently... they've all more or less been random draws. Cary, that son of a glitch, has a 4-star Jazz.
It's true; I am and I do. Jazz is a bad mofo! I'm grinding him as hard as I can to get him to lvl 30 so he can join my A Team of devastation.

I'm also trying to find out when the update that will allow us to upgrade our HQ is going drop.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1784559)
Posted by megatronus on April 27th, 2016 @ 11:42am CDT
carytheone wrote:

Right now I'm just bugging the heck out of the devs to get iOS crashing fixed, and to have my data properly synchronized. I have a bunch of 1-stars, a couple 2-stars, and my 3-star Bonecrusher all showing different levels in and out of battles due to the post-battle crashes. It means I won't be able to get Bonecrusher upgraded, because he only shows up as level 28 at the research facility. Yarg!
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1784562)
Posted by carytheone on April 27th, 2016 @ 11:47am CDT
Sir Crash-a-lot wrote:Yarg!
Oof, nasty. The crashes are one of the reasons I don't play my Con team as much.

And we should be able to push past lvl 12 on our HQ in our current build according to SpaceApe. I cannot, so I may have a bug.

Honestly I think its a server side update that hasn't happened yet.

Do you have the option to upgrade to lvl 13?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1784565)
Posted by megatronus on April 27th, 2016 @ 11:58am CDT
carytheone wrote:
Sir Crash-a-lot wrote:Yarg!

Honestly I think its a server side update that hasn't happened yet.

Do you have the option to upgrade to lvl 13?

Nope - still says unavailable.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1784644)
Posted by Burn on April 27th, 2016 @ 3:09pm CDT

And Cary, fuck you and your Jazz. :-P Seriously, I had a guy attack me with him and that ability is ridiculously over-powered. I don't think there's even a Decepticon equivalent.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1784650)
Posted by megatronus on April 27th, 2016 @ 3:20pm CDT
Burn wrote:The server side update pushed out to the Aus/NZ beta. Got our two free 1* bots and the new campaign which is a joke to win.

And Cary, **** you and your Jazz. :-P Seriously, I had a guy attack me with him and that ability is ridiculously over-powered. I don't think there's even a Decepticon equivalent.

I also got the 2 free bots.

What's Jazz's ability?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1784652)
Posted by Burn on April 27th, 2016 @ 3:23pm CDT
megatronus wrote:What's Jazz's ability?

Can target an area from a distance and call down a incredibly powerful air strike on a wide area. It smashed through three of my guns in one go.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1784653)
Posted by carytheone on April 27th, 2016 @ 3:23pm CDT

Yeah I wiped the new campaign last week in a single sitting with my new bot mix and match style. Won a dupe 2 star Bee for clearing it :DANCE:

Yeah, Jazz is super over-powered. Even my 2 star is a beast (you don't want to see how gnarly the 4 star one is). His normal attack is tossing grenades like Swindle and Sunstreaker. Jazz and SS are a good combo to wipe stuff out from afar. I'm sure once enough of you Con chumps complain they'll dial Jazzy Jeff down a notch or two. :twisted:

I do like that Skrapnel/Ciffy are now gunners. They hit all over the place, but it's fun to spray and pray.

I hope they make Silverbolt/TCracker's and EMP bomb Slipstream's Fusion "bomb" a little more useful though. It takes way too much time and effort to get anything out of the fusion bomb.

I'm just happily grinding away and stock-piling resources while waiting for the HQ update to go live.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1784656)
Posted by carytheone on April 27th, 2016 @ 3:27pm CDT
Burn wrote:
megatronus wrote:What's Jazz's ability?

Yup, orbital strike and just 3 guns :twisted: hehe

Check it yo!

Be afraid, be very afraid. I'll be sad when they nerf it.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1784657)
Posted by Burn on April 27th, 2016 @ 3:35pm CDT
Like I said, fuck you. :-P

carytheone wrote:it's fun to spray and pray.

That's what she said!
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1784660)
Posted by carytheone on April 27th, 2016 @ 3:39pm CDT
Burn wrote:Like I said, **** you. :-P

carytheone wrote:it's fun to spray and pray.

That's what she said!
Such language and with your tongue out even...

If it makes ya feel any better my Con team isn't doing so hot and I only have one 3 star bot. Razorclaw is his name and dying first is his game :lol:
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1784661)
Posted by megatronus on April 27th, 2016 @ 3:44pm CDT
carytheone wrote:
Burn wrote:Like I said, **** you. :-P

carytheone wrote:it's fun to spray and pray.

That's what she said!
Such language and with your tongue out even...

Poor kitty.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1785275)
Posted by carytheone on April 29th, 2016 @ 10:50am CDT
We have a new Transformers: Earth Wars spotlight video to share for the upcoming Hasbro-Backflip-SpaceApe mobile game. This time featuring the king himself, Grimlock. Anyone who's been playing and either has or have gone up against Grimlock, knows he is a beast on the battlefield. This short and sweet video and more can be found at the Transformers: Earth Wars YouTube channel or their Facebook page.

In addition to the above spotlight there is also a video featuring Mirage and the in-game space bridge.

If you're interested in playing the game and getting a jump start with a few extra bots, don't forget to pre-register here.

Remember to keep your browsers pointed to Seibertron.com for the latest in Transformer news, the largest Transformers galleries found on the web and the liveliest Transformers discussion this side of a space bridge.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1785365)
Posted by King Kuuga on April 29th, 2016 @ 3:25pm CDT

Also, I've been wanting some base structure strategy tips. I get that you can't win all your battles on defense, but I figure there's got to be a better configuration than what i've got going on now.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1785376)
Posted by carytheone on April 29th, 2016 @ 4:04pm CDT
That Bot wrote:Are these soft updates or am I going to have to seek out the latest version of the APK? I looked earlier and the one available for download is the one I'm currently running.

Soft updates. I've got all the new stuff available to me but still running the 4/19 build.

There has been some talk about sharing strategies and I've got quite a few (as well as others). I wonder if that's best for a new thread? Well I'll just puke a few thoughts out here.

Well the way I look at my base is from the point of view of an attacker. So I try and see how I would attack my own base. That change of perspective can help a lot.

Obviously the HQ is the main objective with high damage weapons (beam laser, mortars, missles) being the first thing to take out.

I try and put my HQ as far away as possible with my high priority weapons far away but still useful. I cover those weapons with the laser turrets because they can hit the fliers that will be sent in to destroy the weapons. I'm also using other buildings as walls around my HQ. Just one more thing to slow down would be attackers.

Next I try and put my other weapons close to the front to slowdown the walkers and to hit the fliers when they come back to land. Hopefully the turrets softened them up enough so they drop before getting to take off again.

As far as walls go I was using a honeycomb setup to varying degrees of success, but now I'm using them to direct traffic and funnel the attackers towards the center so all my weapons can fire on them at once. Think tower defense games but now you have to bait the baddies to go where you want them.

I've also found that it is better to put your outposts farther back to delay when your bots pop out. If they jump out too soon they will just get destroyed. I put them in the middle so they start attacking after the baddies have been softened up a bit. They also become the attackers primary target and prevents then from destroying weapons. Use a deployer for defense if you have one. The cassette bots confuse the hell out of the AI.

I've also started using my resource storage as bait as well. They have high HP and don't grant more than one ability point of destroyed. I'd rather the attackers wasting time hitting a storage unit and not my weapons that are currently shooting them in the face. Try not to group weapons too close. Some abilities can target multiple weapons (ask Burn).

Ability points won is another thing to take into account. Almost everything destroyed grants ability points. Form what I can tell this is the value of buildings in ability points:

Builder bots and walls = 0
All weapons = 1
Scanner, harvestor, storage = 1
Space bridge and research facility = 2

I could be off on those totals because it's hard to keep track of while trying to not lose an attack.

Watch defense replays and see what worked and what didn't.

So to recap:

Hide/protect high priority targets

Don't let your enemy farm for ability points

Don't group weapons too close

Use walls for more than just defense

Control traffic, lead the attackers or distract them

Save your defenders for after the enemy has been weakened

Watch replays and learn

Hope that helps ;)^
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1785383)
Posted by King Kuuga on April 29th, 2016 @ 4:26pm CDT

Also, I had a question about ability upgrades. Is there an upper limit? Much like level upgrades, they get exponentially more expensive each time, and I'm not sure if level 4 is worth it unless it's the last level.
Speaking of abilities, I've come to dislike the ones that impact your current area. The characters with those abilities trend weaker, and they're usually not in a position where the ability to attack their immediate area is very useful.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1785396)
Posted by carytheone on April 29th, 2016 @ 4:55pm CDT
That Bot wrote:Thanks for the tips! I don't have any deployers yet, but I have a good smattering of 1 and 2-star bots, 19 total with some duplicates (Bludgeon, Thundercracker, Scavenger). I've got Megatron and Breakdown on defense, currently. I'll definitely keep your advice in mind when I get a chance to overhaul.

NP.

No clue if abilities have a cap. Probably or they are linked to your lvl. I haven't gone past lvl 4 yet because of resource requirements.

If you like the bot and their ability then lvl 4 is totally worth it. Every little bit of firepower helps. The bots like Bee and which ever constructicon where their ability happens at their current location kinda sucks. I find Bee's a little more useful only because he tends to get in the think of things and stunning enemies and running away helps the other bots rake them out.

Fliers are priceless (except the ones with the EMP or fusion bomb). Gunners like Prowl are handy as well. Prowl has high damage but low HP.

There can be strategy in how you deploy your squad as well. I send the tanks like OP and Ironhide out first followers by the fliers then followed by weaker bots like Prowl or Bee. Prowl has the benefit of long range attacks.

I currently have enough bots to make 3 teams. They are all mostly the same with a few minor differnces, but each has a backbone of fliers. I target the high priority weapons then I single one weapon at a time. I try and not let the team get too separated but the AI is horrible. Infuse the leaders ability to regroup my team fairly often. Learn from the folly of your bots and apply that knowledge to your base strategy.

Every once in a while I try a flanking pincher attack by deploying bots on either side, but normally I just evaluate the base and pick the weakest side and dump the entire team in the order listed above.

If you haven't noticed the power lvl of your currently selected team changes color to give you an idea of how likely of their survival. It goes from red (going lose) to yellow (maybe win if your careful) to green (pretty likely to win) to grey (over-powered and will likely sweep it). I want to say there is more than one shade of yellow but I may be off.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1785400)
Posted by megatronus on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:13pm CDT

Targeting the big weapons - like lasers and mortars - with flyers is really key for this game, but more often than not my gunners are the ones who finish the job.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars New Updates, Player Profiles, Developer Interview and more (1785407)
Posted by carytheone on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:17pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Also keep in mind those bots with abilities that can affect multiple targets at once. That's why I love Breakdown & Swindle so much; the long range gunners tend to be versatile.
Like Jazz?

Or just use the easy button that is Jazz ;) :twisted:

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cyberverse scout Bumblebee Megatron Optimus Prime Starscream lot 4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cliffjumper Cyberverse NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Topshot and Flak - New " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Firedrive - New- Bent Package" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan Salvage - J98" on EBAY
Buy "EUC COG Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron  weaponizer  Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Graham and Tunnel Drill from Transformers Rescue Bots - Very Good Condition." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Series 2 001 Bumblebee (MISB)" on EBAY