Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video

Monday, October 10th, 2011 3:52pm CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 55,686

gameinformer continues to roll out new and exciting Transformers: Fall of Cybertron goodness with a video that gives us a look at Optimus Prime's updated design for next year's sequel to Transformers: War for Cybertron. High Moon Studios' Ivan Power and Mike Brown comment on Prime's bulked up and war torn update, they describe his as new alt mode as "a fist with wheels"! Click here to visit gameinformer and view the video.

As the most iconic Transformer to ever roll out, High Moon Studios spent a lot of time rebuilding Optimus Prime from the ground up for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. The war on Cybertron is coming to a dramatic climax, and Optimus has proven himself both a leader and a mighty warrior. His new look is battle-scarred, powered up, and ready for action. Check out the video to see the in-game model for Optimus Prime, complete with commentary from the High Moon team on creating a new look for the leader of the Autobots. Keep in mind that this footage is pre-alpha and was shot in a test area for the new game, so it does not represent the final appearance of the character. Enjoy!

Credit(s): gameinformer

This article was last modified on Monday, October 10th, 2011 4:13pm CDT

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298694)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 10th, 2011 @ 3:59pm CDT
But nothing that has you hold down a button and wait for a few seconds to resume playing. Thats just boring.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298709)
Posted by First-Aid on October 10th, 2011 @ 4:45pm CDT
Iron Prime wrote:
Varia31 wrote:You know what melee system would be awesome? That is if it could work... War Hammer 40k Space Marine's system.

That is a great system. It wouldn't even have to be fatalities either. Maybe a transformation based attack that did more damage? Like Grimlock tossing someone in the air, and transforming, and then catching them in his jaws....

I'll go with that 100%. I like the way Space Marine's combat system is set up where you can either use your chain sword or blast 'em at range. Working the combos in would be bonus and a "fatality-like" move could make things interesting.

Megatron: punches into the chest of an Autobot with his mace, change it up, and blast through with his cannon.
Optimus: head butt the opponent, knocking them back, then whipping out the axe and cleaving them horizontally or vertically
Shockwave: kick the Bot back, blast off both legs, then walk up and bash their face in.
Starscream: fake an injury, slip around the bot when it moves in, and stabs them in the back with energon swords, ripping them apart...

...etc, etc...
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298721)
Posted by It Is Him on October 10th, 2011 @ 5:13pm CDT
GameInformer wrote:As the most iconic Transformer to ever roll out, High Moon Studios spent a lot of time rebuilding Optimus Prime from the ground up for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Dear Game Informer,
Please review this article on Dangling Modifiers and get back to me.
Thanks,
- It Is Him
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298729)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 10th, 2011 @ 5:44pm CDT
the legs are way to bulky, how the hell is he even able to move around with legs that fat? the rest looks good though really like the new alt mode.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298730)
Posted by whacko on October 10th, 2011 @ 5:46pm CDT
2 things:

1. I hope that in this game driving in car mode feels like driving in a car. WFC would have been much more interesting if the vehicles modes had limitations based on the type of vehicle you were driving. In WFC it didn't matter much what kind of vehicle you were, speed aside, everything moved in basically the same way including jets (except of course, they flew).

2. I hope there is another toy series for FoC. I really enjoyed the toys based on the WFC character models.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298732)
Posted by Varia31 on October 10th, 2011 @ 5:50pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:
Iron Prime wrote:

...etc, etc...

That would be cool, like chaining together the shots point blank with punches or melee weapons to perform combos, then the "fatality-like move" being just more of a finisher to end the combo, it kills the enemy, and offers satisfaction with making the kill. I would think a way to counter melee attacks would be good though, that way you aren't helpless the second some starts to slice into you. Like swinging when someone else swings being a way to block, the one who gets the hit the one who dishes out the combos quicker. Or just do a simple three hit combo like RoTF and a few advanced attacks like the one mentioned about Grimlock.

MINDVVIPE wrote:I dont think we need any non-user interactions like finishing moves. That just slows down gameplay for an animation that will get boring after the 10th time watching. I am, however, all for chaining actions, like someone mentioned, with grimlock throwing enemies up in the air either to hit them with his tail, transform and impale, or maybe charge at in alt. mode.

I favor fatalities myself, I find them to be fun to use, because executing an enemy to me is almost a sense of domination when making the kill. I was very satisfied with Section 8 Prejudice in that regard, because even though it's the same animation for front, behind, or if you're in a mech, stabbing someone in the throat or shooting someone point blank after picking them up never ceased to amuse me, and it still does. Maybe some of the stuff mentioned above would be the better choice though. To each his own opinion...
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298734)
Posted by starscream2222 on October 10th, 2011 @ 6:04pm CDT
So I was wondering how many people play online still?
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298735)
Posted by griftimus prime on October 10th, 2011 @ 6:04pm CDT
please god. make more wfc and foc toys
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298743)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on October 10th, 2011 @ 6:23pm CDT
I hope there is some explanation to his new look.

I think I personally prefer WfC Optimus Prime. This one is took big and too bulky.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298745)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 10th, 2011 @ 6:29pm CDT

I see the direction they're going in, I get the "fist with wheels" image they had in the conceptualization, but as it stands currently, I'm not impressed. I realize there's more work to be done, I just hope that work's for the better.

I much prefer WFC Optimus who was streamlined (as they said in the video).

This one's a bit too boxy, too big. I liked that the first one had enough bulk, but still thin and streamlined enough to be capable.

I realize they're striving for a G1-esque design and that's cool, I have no problem with it. However, I'm used to the Masterpiece and the Bayverse Primes and I much prefer something that looks humanoid, yet robotic. This guy looks like a walking box with a bad attitude.

More tweaks are needed for him to be a winner in my book. If that's the design they're going for, so be it. I can like everything around him.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298747)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 10th, 2011 @ 6:30pm CDT
starscream2222 wrote:I am renewing my Xbox Live Gold membership soon and havent played WFC online in a while.
So I was wondering how many people play online still?

I still play WFC on PC and DOTM on Xbox... for what its worth to know.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298748)
Posted by KnightStrike on October 10th, 2011 @ 6:30pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298751)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 10th, 2011 @ 6:32pm CDT
KnightStrike wrote:After watching the video of Optimus's new new look I think its growing on me. I loved the WFC design, but this one looks pretty awesome as well, especially the vehicle mode. Can't wait to see the final version in motion. Still hoping they do a PC release for this like they did WFC. I'm also kind of blown away still that they are doing pre-orders over a year in advance... I had gotten excited at first because I saw December and the 2012 part didn't register till the second read. Hopefully in that time they will decide there is enough market demand for PC.

I wish an online petition would work... there was an online petition to fix up the WFC PC version (I think its still online), but if they are reading these forums, heres my PC vote.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298752)
Posted by Shadowman on October 10th, 2011 @ 6:33pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I would like to preface this post with this: I realize this is all beta and this is by no means the finished product of Optimus, I do sincerely get that. With that said, on with the post.

I much prefer WFC Optimus who was streamlined (as they said in the video).

My thoughts exactly.I know this isn't the final product, and I'm hoping the final design is something better. I like the new modelling techniques they're using, but I think they could have just applied them to the WfC designs.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298757)
Posted by KnightStrike on October 10th, 2011 @ 6:42pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:

Aye, would be awesome if it would work. Since money talks, I'd like to see them throw up a pre-order for the PC version based on requiring a set amount of pre-orders to be received by a set date for the version to be released on PC, even if the PC release would be later than the console version because of delayed production start. All else fails I just remember Star Wars: Force Unleashed and have hope... they swore they would not do a PC release for it and eventually they did, with extra content to boot.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298758)
Posted by starscream2222 on October 10th, 2011 @ 6:45pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
So I was wondering how many people play online still?

I still play WFC on PC and DOTM on Xbox... for what its worth to know.

Ok cool, whats your Gamertag? Mine is XxDESTRON22xX
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298759)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 10th, 2011 @ 6:51pm CDT
KnightStrike wrote:Aye, would be awesome if it would work. Since money talks, I'd like to see them throw up a pre-order for the PC version based on requiring a set amount of pre-orders to be received by a set date for the version to be released on PC, even if the PC release would be later than the console version because of delayed production start.

I'd pre-order a PC version if it gets it made for PC :lol: . I wish it worked that way.

starscream2222 wrote:Ok cool, whats your Gamertag? Mine is XxDESTRON22xX

'BLACKWAR' on PC, and 'IIIjono' on 360.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298763)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on October 10th, 2011 @ 7:02pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:

I much prefer WFC Optimus who was streamlined (as they said in the video).

I'm also not a big fan of the redesign, but I can live with it. It just keeps reminding me of Armada/Cybertron/etc. Prime with the big limbs. :P

I wouldn't say they're using different modelling techniques...I mean, regardless of technique, the end model is usually the same, what I gathered was that these are higher quality in-game models due to engine upgrades (ie higher poly and better / more textures and effects. For example, I was surprised to find out that they only used two diffuse maps for Warpath's body in DoTM, and one was the treads while everything else is in the other map; the third map, if you're curious, is an alpha for the optic glow).
Image Tread Diffuse
Image Body diffuse
Image Optic alpha
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298772)
Posted by prowl123 on October 10th, 2011 @ 7:29pm CDT
Toy please!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Redesign Video (1298802)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on October 10th, 2011 @ 8:10pm CDT
Glad I'm not the only one who prefers WFC OP's more streamlined design.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Blackout Cyberverse Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Deluxe Bludgeon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TLK Skullitron NEW MISB - TRU Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike  Squadron WFC-S27 War For Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron,FIREDRIVE,TOPSHOT&FLAK,BLACKJACK&HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY