Friday, March 6th, 2015 9:44pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings, Store News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 35,242

Dino Pavlopoulos recently posted on the Seibertron.com Facebook page that he found Transformers Combiner Wars Megatron at a Walmart in Beloit, Wisconson. Even though this isn't a first retail sighting, due to popularity of this figure we thought we would share this sighting as it does show that the Megatrons are showing up at more than one retailer. If you are on the hunt for Megatron, it's time to start hitting your local Walmarts.

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart

Credit(s): Dino Pavlopoulos on Seibertron.com Facebook

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660053)
Posted by Rated X on March 7th, 2015 @ 7:47am CST
I still cant decide if I want these or not. If I was a little kid that played with my toys I would be all over that G1 megatron. But as an adult who collects figures to display by scale, leader class is pointless to me. This toy should have been voyager class. More units would have been sold. Leader class figures warm the shelves cause parents are cheap as hell. More than once I had to bite my tounge in the toy aisle when a mom starts takling to her son about his allowance or how much he wont have next week if he buys what he wants. Anyways, ill have to pass by walmart and see the figure in hand. Im leaning on buying the armada version because thats a character thats not going to get done in a proper scale by any company. But G1 Megatron....meh. I own Hegemon. Maybe if he looks cool enough ill buy him.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660055)
Posted by Triptykon on March 7th, 2015 @ 7:50am CST
I shouldve added as well, that it is confirmed that retailers are only receiving a 2 figure case at a time, a case consisting of one of each Armada and G1 Megatron. My daughter was previously on the hunt for me, was told at a toys r us location of a fight between two collectors over G1 Megs just 30 minutes prior to her arrival.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660177)
Posted by reluctantyouth on March 7th, 2015 @ 10:53am CST
Yay. I now have both. I found Armada Megs in Peoria, Illinois last week. I stopped in Pontiac, Illinois, off I55 on my way to Chicago and just snagged G1 Megs today 3.7.15 at 10:40 am central time :grin: . Armada is awesome in both modes but G1 will remain in bot mode. Yes confirmed only two to a case 1of each. I imagine G1 won't make it into wave 2 cases unless Thundercracker is 2 to a case like Jetfire. Happy Hunting.

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660337)
Posted by Va'al on March 7th, 2015 @ 5:37pm CST
A piece of potentially actual news from the Transformers exhibit at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis concerns the bot within the bot that is Ultra Magnus, according to the IDW characterisation: Minimus Ambus! Site owner Seibertron was able to take a couple of images of the tiny loadbearer's prototype shots in both robot and vehicle mode, plus the transformation sequence - check them out below!

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660344)
Posted by Burn on March 7th, 2015 @ 5:54pm CST
awwww he's so awesome looking!

...shame though there's such a potential there for a Wheelie remold. :SICK:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660345)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 7th, 2015 @ 5:59pm CST
Awesom!
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660349)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 7th, 2015 @ 6:14pm CST
Burn wrote:awwww he's so awesome looking!

...shame though there's such a potential there for a Wheelie remold. :SICK:

Why does that thought make you sick?
Wheelie could be kinda slick;
The irony of be'ng a hulk
When Wheelie gets some added bulk.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660350)
Posted by Burn on March 7th, 2015 @ 6:24pm CST
You're so on the list now. >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660354)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on March 7th, 2015 @ 6:45pm CST
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660377)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on March 7th, 2015 @ 8:23pm CST
Burn wrote:awwww he's so awesome looking!

...shame though there's such a potential there for a Wheelie remold. :SICK:

Black Bumblebee wrote:Awwe, he's got a little Hot Rod wing in the back of his car mode.Forget Wheelie, he could be redone as Hot Rodimus for Star Convoy!

Or a Bumblebee. His vehicle mode does remind me of the RID Bumblebee.

Another thing too, I'm getting a Cybertron Safeguard vibe from this figure. :BANG_HEAD: Is it normal?
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660518)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on March 8th, 2015 @ 6:20am CDT
This just makes me want Magnus even more! :x
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660529)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 8th, 2015 @ 7:59am CDT
Thing is, I would of bought ambus on his own :lol:

I would also be open to a star Convoy repaint Takara ;)
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660539)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 8th, 2015 @ 8:38am CDT
UM getting better and better. He's on my most wanted Christmas list.

Too bad character wise in the IDW comics, he's long gone. From what I hear, the latest is just as good (the way he tortured Tailgate with history :lol: ) but will the "original" ever return? Sure it's now just a suit but, I'm kind of attached to the original "old friend" of Optimus.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660617)
Posted by LegendaryAntiHero on March 8th, 2015 @ 2:13pm CDT
I'm hoping to get leader Megatron soon. I like how he's in scale with MP10 Megatron
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660797)
Posted by Triptykon on March 8th, 2015 @ 9:54pm CDT
Dino=me ;)

Saw an associate put out Armada and G1 Megatron in Burlington Wi, Wal-Mart this morning. So hopefully you guys on the hunt for him get a chance to snatch him up. He's an out standing looking figure and looks great next to my MP's and Leader Jetfire. Very, very pleased with this figure.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660799)
Posted by Emerje on March 8th, 2015 @ 9:55pm CDT
Burn wrote:awwww he's so awesome looking!

...shame though there's such a potential there for a Wheelie remold. :SICK:

I don't think there's too much chance of that happening. From what people were saying at Toy Fair he's pretty tiny, like a Micromaster or Minicon. They wouldn't be able to sell the Minimus mold on its own as Wheelie. If/when they do another Wheelie I'm sure it'll be a Legends figure.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660809)
Posted by shajaki on March 8th, 2015 @ 10:40pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
Burn wrote:awwww he's so awesome looking!

...shame though there's such a potential there for a Wheelie remold. :SICK:

Emerje
I wonder how much hate I would get if I admitted... i would totally buy a minimus wheelie retool...
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660939)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 9th, 2015 @ 12:27pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Burn wrote:awwww he's so awesome looking!

...shame though there's such a potential there for a Wheelie remold. :SICK:

Emerje

A thousand years on the moon with you. Go. :-x
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1660952)
Posted by MrBlack on March 9th, 2015 @ 1:22pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:UM getting better and better. He's on my most wanted Christmas list.

I really like what James Roberts has done with Ultra Magnus. It's a nice spin on the "robot inside another robot" thing that UM has always had going, and which the original cartoon and comic saw fit to ignore.

Although the original Ultra Magnus is apparently long dead, the current UM still fulfills the original's role. He may not be the same Magnus that knew Optimus in the early days of the war, but from all accounts he has been playing the role longer than anyone else. So, Minimus Ambus is still the "Ultra Magnus" that Optimus has known the longest.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron Showing Up at Walmart (1661092)
Posted by LegendaryAntiHero on March 9th, 2015 @ 8:21pm CDT
I wonder if Optimus even knows they're not the same Ultra Magnus

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Legion Class Lot - Prowl - Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Prime Beast Hunters voyager PREDAKING - 100% complete lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY