Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found

Monday, January 27th, 2020 7:11pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 22,139

Thanks to a heads up from Seibertronian jtprime and TFW2005 user TriBlurr, we have a new rumor to share with you today regarding the next Transformers Generations Selects figure.

This rumor comes to us from a listing at EBgames, which is what TriBlurr found. This listing was found only in the EBgames database, and is not on the website itself. The listing sits alongside some Transformers Earthrise listings, although those are for size classes and not any specific figure. The listing is for a Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Spy Patrol.

Now this is interesting, seeing as how the normal price for a Micromaster pack is around $10, but this one is, from where the picture gets cutoff, around $20, indicating this will be a 4-pack. The previous Spy Patrols have been the Soundwave cassettes, so who could these potential 4 Micromasters be? It make sense for Buzzsaw and Frenzy to be in this pack, but who else could join them in this pack?

Speculate below, and let us know what you think of this listing in the comments section below!

Credit(s): TriBlurr @TFW2005

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050739)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 27th, 2020 @ 7:21pm CST
Thanks to a heads up from Seibertronian Wireless_Phantom and Jelze Goldrabbit, we have news that video reviews are hitting for the upcoming Transformers Generations Selects voyager class Turtler. The video review we are sharing with you today is in Japanese, but it includes a lot of pertinent information that a lot of you will find interesting.

The review focuses in on Turtler's 3 different modes, his accessories, as well as some comparisons to the figure he was heavily retooled from: Power of the Primes Hun Gurr. We get some great looks at this figure and some good comparisons to to his original mold mate. Turtler is set to become the torso to King Poseidon, the long awaited update to the final scramble city styled combiner from G1.

Check out the review below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050740)
Posted by Skritz on January 27th, 2020 @ 7:28pm CST
People bitched a lot about the over-use of the Silverbolt mold/engineering in CW and POTP but in all seriousness, this guy manage to look quite different in both individual molds. its only in combined mode that its more apparent but, then again, there aren't too many ways to make a scramble city-type combiner to begin with.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050741)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 27th, 2020 @ 7:33pm CST
Sad news today for those who have pre-ordered the Transformers Generations Selects Turtler and Gulf, as well as MP-19 Smokescreen from Hasbro Pulse. It looks as though all 3 of these figures have been delayed by 2 months.

The news comes from Hasbro Pulse themselves, who have started to send out emails to those who pre-ordered these figures. The email was forwarded on to us from Seibertronian Ebonyleopard, who ordered all 3. It is possible other pre-orders have been delayed as well, but Ebonyleopard did not have those orders in.

As far as we know, the other 4 Seacons are still set to arrive next month, but that is subject to change as well. This delay follows the delay of Star Convoy last year by several months, as well as the delays that have impacted Masterpiece Hound from Pulse.

Let us know what you think of this news below, and let us know if any of you have received other pre-order delay emails as well.

Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050742)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 27th, 2020 @ 8:37pm CST
Hey D-Max, FYI - as far as Pulse says, Kraken and Lobclaw are next month, while Overbite and Tentakill are March with Gulf and Turtler as of right now on Pulse.

Got my email on the delay today as well. I can confirm it was a generic email as I did not order MP Smokescreen but all 3 were mentioned in the email.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050749)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on January 27th, 2020 @ 8:55pm CST
I ordered from Pulse and honestly the part of it that bugs me the most is that now the first set I get from them will be the one I was looking forward to the least.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050750)
Posted by kurthy on January 27th, 2020 @ 9:01pm CST
The text makes it pretty clear it's just those 3 for now. I did not order smokescreen, but it was still included in my list.

Screenshot_20200127-205752.png
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050752)
Posted by carytheone on January 27th, 2020 @ 9:03pm CST

All those extra tricks and cool accessories are giving me a tinge of the ragrets over skipping this set. At least my wallet is still in one piece to absorb my tears.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050754)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 27th, 2020 @ 9:35pm CST
carytheone wrote:Well Turtler is easily the best iteration of the Silclongurrler mold...(yet?). ;)

Just Hun-Gurrturtler. Silcloshot is separate when parts come into play. ;)

Turtler is interesting in not only how few parts are kept (the arms, upper legs), but also how it reverses orientation in Beast and Torso Modes when compared to Hun-Gurrr. Only Tentakil comes as close to the parts bit with reusing only Moonracer's torso.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050756)
Posted by carytheone on January 27th, 2020 @ 10:33pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Just Hun-Gurrturtler. Silcloshot is separate when parts come into play. ;)
Yeah yeah, I was just poking a little fun at the hairsplitters. I forgot all about Scattershot being in this group. I count engineering/experience more than parts count; if the toy feels the same, it is the same. With that said, I don't hold it against any of them. I remember thinking when I got Hun-Gurr that it was the same toy as Silverbolt only done better.

Bots just laying down playing footsie Image

What I do hold against this design, is that I generally just don't like it. I don't much care for any of the bot modes, the alt modes are just meh, but the torso mode is absolutely fantastic. Easily the best of the bunch and if they were going reuse one over and over, this is that one!

Turtler seems to take what Hun-Gurr started and then do it all better with some cool new tricks and a gaggle of fun accessories.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050757)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on January 27th, 2020 @ 10:35pm CST
This also marks my 3rd delay. My pre-ordered Blackarachnia only arrived 2 weeks ago, which was also pushed back from their initial release date, which caused me to cancel my Hound pre-order, which was scheduled for release this month, but I couldn't afford to have Both of them to come out this month with Lio Convoy also scheduled to coming out next month.

So, no idea why this delay is happening.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050762)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on January 27th, 2020 @ 11:23pm CST
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050764)
Posted by carytheone on January 27th, 2020 @ 11:54pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:Food for thought on the Generations Selects Micromaster listing from EB Games. EB Games is only in Canada now, right? So, the prices in the listings are likely Canadian dollars. You can see on the receipt that the prices for the other assortments (Deluxe, Voyager, Leader, etc.) are much higher than in USD. So, $20.00 CAN is probably just a small mark-up by a specialty distributor for an exclusive item, rather than an indicator of "twice" the product of a normal Micromaster set (e.g., two figures for $10.00 USD). I'm betting the set will ONLY consist of Blue Guy and Buzzsaw. No Howlback, Glit, Wingthing, or otherwise.
You could be on to something, but the going rate for standard micromasters is $10-13 CAD. I just happen to be in Calgary this week and was at a local Walmart today. I will say prices on a few figures were a little sticker shocky (even after the conversion).

Anyway, for $7+ over retail, I'd still expect a little lagniappe in that Selects box.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050765)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on January 28th, 2020 @ 12:03am CST
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050766)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 28th, 2020 @ 12:08am CST
Aimless Misfire wrote:Is Turtler & Gulf totally delayed in Japan by Takara or is this just a Hasbro Pulse thing? Because I ordered both from Robotkingdom. Will they be released on time in Japan?

That's right: Star Convoy has shown that those delivered via Pulse have a Hasbro sleeve, then the TakaraTomy one, then finally the box itself.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050768)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on January 28th, 2020 @ 12:12am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:He's already out as the Japanese reviewers can attest. The delay is a Pulse-only thing, possibly having problems securing stock and/or making the special Hasbro sleeves for them.

Ok thanks! I was confused about it.

Does anybody know when Robotkingdom usually gets this kind of stuff? I'm not even sure where RK is located. My set is already paid for so when can I expect it to ship? I don't have much experience with RK. I only ordered from them once before & that was a long time ago.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050769)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 28th, 2020 @ 12:15am CST
Aimless Misfire wrote:I'm not even sure where RK is located.
Hong Kong
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050771)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 28th, 2020 @ 12:56am CST
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050772)
Posted by frogbat on January 28th, 2020 @ 1:53am CST
I’m skipping them but they do look pretty good, better than I thought, indeed this is perhaps one of the better uses of the mould. The two blasters help the figure too... I have hungrr, silver lot and skylynx, and must say this guy would top them.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050783)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 28th, 2020 @ 7:54am CST
Lore Keeper wrote:Ya know, when Star Convoy got so severely delayed, I wrote it off as a fluke. But, if this is going to be the norm for Pulse, I think we're better off securing these figures elsewhere. Pulse is either totally disorganized or intentionally putting out BS release dates so people will order from them.

A couple thoughts here. First, these (Star Convoy and Turtler/Gulf) are the first 2-3 Takara initiated Selects releases, and they are 0-2 on meeting the original dates. However if I recall correctly, there were some delays on Takara's end for Star Convoy as well as delays from Hasbro, so it is tough to draw any legitimate conclusion from just 2 data points, that don't even completely match each other. I think Kraken and Lobclaw should tell us a bit more on how Pulse is handling these and whether they are getting better at it or not. If we see them also delayed about 2 months, then it is safe to assume that will be standard. If they are not delayed, or only delayed for a shorter period of time, then we can guess that Hasbro is figuring it out on their end. Right now, we really just don't know.

I do think Pulse is a bit disorganized on how to handle Takara Selects offerings, as opposed to putting fake dates out there to gain business. Just look at the last 2 limbs where they forgot to put the pre-orders up until about a week before their cutoff date. However, this is also only their second time doing this.

Finally, even with the extra wait, the price through Hasbro is still better for me than going elsewhere, so I won't be taking my money to other sites unless/until Hasbro completely screws something up and I don't get a pre-order that was secured.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Micromaster Pack Listing Found (2050786)
Posted by azgx292939 on January 28th, 2020 @ 9:55am CST
I do hope nautilator doesn't get delayed. That is the only one i bought and the sole one I am looking forward to.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Medix The Doc Bot Ambulance" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Grand Slam Cassette Figure" on EBAY
Buy "original G1 Transformers cassette SLAMDANCE Grandslam Raindance figures only" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Ratchet Grapple Grab Blizzard Breaker spark armor Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Cobra Missile Command Head Quarter Hasbro Transformers Microman Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Trading Card Game Rise of the Combiners Decepticon Acid Storm" on EBAY
Buy "Marvel Comics GI Joe 141 Transformers Snake Eyes 1st ed Hama Cobra Commander Lee" on EBAY