Thursday, June 16th, 2016 2:30am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 34,783

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Tigertrack, we have a new reveal from the joint exclusive figures for the Transformers and G.I. Joe Collectors' Clubs, in addition to Hologram Megatron and Ratbat, as we have already seen through BotCon 2016. With no new figures on the Joe front other than previously seen Ninja Force Scarlett, Dr Sidney Biggles-Jones and Cobra Commander, we now know from the pages of the Joe magazine that Autobots Blackcat and Toaster will be joining the set, respectively repaints of Comic-Con exclusives Ravage and Blaster. Check out the images below!

Transformers News: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster

Credit(s): Tigertrack

Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1798212)
Posted by Nexus Knight on June 16th, 2016 @ 8:49am CDT
OMG, Toaster has a toy!!!!!!! Glory day!!!!!! :DANCE:
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1798222)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 16th, 2016 @ 9:45am CDT
Frakkin' Toaster! WOOHOO!!! :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1798223)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 16th, 2016 @ 9:53am CDT

:-?
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1798224)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 16th, 2016 @ 9:55am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Having trouble remembering where that Ratbat/Megatron set will be released. Is that SDCC ... or club exclusive?

:-?
This is that set. Megatron and Ratbat come with all these G.I. Joe characters (and now Blackcat and Toaster as well), as a TCC/GIJCC Club Store exclusive.
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1798225)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 16th, 2016 @ 9:57am CDT
Thanks so much for helping clear things up. Guess I'm in for the set, since I want Ratbat.

>:oP
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1798226)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 16th, 2016 @ 10:02am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:It's very cool to get an official Blackcat figure. I hope it will eventually usher in a G1 and Masterpiece release of the toy... as much of a long shot as that is.

>:oP
I wish the Club had been able to acquire either the MP or the Universe version of Ravage so as to give us a transformable version of Blackcat.

Though, the more I think about it, shouldn't Toaster's toy ought to be, well, a toaster? :-?
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1798232)
Posted by RevTibe on June 16th, 2016 @ 10:24am CDT
It's really cool that a character as obscure as Blackcat is getting a toy, but I can't help but wonder if his being an immobile figure is a result of some sort of monkey's paw wish-gone-wrong. :P

(Considering that parts-count seems to be a notable factor in cost, I suppose it isn't surprising they went with a lovingly painted statuette.)
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1798243)
Posted by Mkall on June 16th, 2016 @ 11:41am CDT
I only want that Megatron. Anyone wanna split a set?
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1798247)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 16th, 2016 @ 11:50am CDT
Just found some pics to show scale. Looks like BlackCat will be roughly the size of G1 Ravage. I'm pretty pleased with that now. Even without it Transforming, will at least scale well with characters. And with the recent load of comic-featured characters (from Scrounge to Impactor), it will certainly have a home on a shelf.
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1798320)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 16th, 2016 @ 7:52pm CDT
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1798337)
Posted by Microraptor on June 16th, 2016 @ 10:50pm CDT
While i'm sad they didn't make a crazy SG Toaster out of Ejector, at least I get a Blackcat out of it!
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1798339)
Posted by shajaki on June 16th, 2016 @ 11:09pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I'm actually quite amazed people (aside from Sabrblade) know who Blackcat actually is :shock: When it comes to obscurity, he gives Stripes a run for his money!
I had a slightly higher than base knowledge of the cassette bots, but I only learned about Blackcat the previous night :lol:
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1798352)
Posted by Rainmaker on June 17th, 2016 @ 4:01am CDT

Well while browsing Recordicons I started to learn a lot more about the Mini-Cassettes. When linked to Solarbot on the TFwiki I found out about Blackcat and more.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1799749)
Posted by shajaki on June 22nd, 2016 @ 9:53pm CDT
Twitter user and G.I.Joe Con attendee RID_NightViper snapped some shots of joint exclusive figures from the Collectors' Clubs! Included is Hologram (G2) Megatron, Ratbat, Blackcat, and Toaster (repaints of Comic-Con exclusives Ravage and Blaster), the later three inspired by the G1 Marvel Comics. Also of note is Cobra Commander with his very own hand held Megatron. See the incredibly obscure crew below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1799774)
Posted by Emerje on June 23rd, 2016 @ 1:51am CDT
Soooo... what's taking Skywarp so long to show up on the store. I thought we'd be seeing orders soon now since Ramjet is out the door, but I guess the wait continues.

Emerje
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1799780)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 23rd, 2016 @ 2:30am CDT
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1799968)
Posted by shajaki on June 23rd, 2016 @ 3:42pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:I realize Toaster comes with recolored "cassettes", but since he's um, a toaster.....are those meant to be minions that transform into toaster pastries? :lol:
:lol:
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1800010)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 23rd, 2016 @ 5:29pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
:lol:

Not just good... CRAZY GOOD =P~
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1800037)
Posted by Zeedust on June 23rd, 2016 @ 7:07pm CDT
Re: Transformers / G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Autobots Blackcat and Toaster (1800102)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 23rd, 2016 @ 10:36pm CDT
Zeedust wrote:Is it just me, or is "hologram" Megs kind of uninspiring with Double Pretender Megs also on the way?
Hologram Megs is a G2 Megs homage (as Megs's G2 body was built by Cobra in the G.I. Joe story that these Cobra humans were in), Double Pretender Megs is an unreleased G2 Combat Hero Megs homage. Both just happen to be tank-altmoded Megatrons.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #255 - Judgment Day
"Judgment Day"
Posted: Sunday, July 19th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Dead End Complete Deluxe ROTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Lot Of 3 Decepticons Lockdown KSI Boss Crowbar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 41 CONSTRUCTICON SCRAPMETAL Deluxe MISB Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generation 2 #1 Marvel  IDW Headmasters Optimus Prime Bumblebee lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Titan Class Metroplex - MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Nitro Series Dropkick Energon Igniters New by Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Fall of Cybertron - Voyager: Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie Shatter Action Figure (Read description)" on EBAY