Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis

Saturday, October 3rd, 2015 2:26pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Company News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 67,574

Currently taking place is the MIPJunior event, during which Hasbro has a presence in its Licensing and Entertainment department director Stephen Davis. During a keynote speech, embedded below for your viewing pleasure, Davis talked about the Akiva Goldsman-led writers' room at PAramount, and confirmed not only the fifth live-action movie but a whole series of pitches until at least 2025 (as a plan) - with a sixth, seventh and eighth chapter in the works too!

Brief mention for the other screen Transformers presence, Robots in Disguise, which is definitely a tweaked continuation of Transformers: Prime, at least from the corporate side of things. Information starts around the 10.30 minute mark- check it out.

Stephen J. Davis will discuss how the world famous toy company has transformed itself into a 360ยบ entertainment provider, extending its brands across a range of experiences including film, TV, digital, music, licensing, theme parks and live events.
Stephen J. Davis is responsible for Hasbro's Entertainment and Licensing segment, including developing, producing and distributing Hasbro content globally across all platforms through Hasbro Studios as well as oversight of the company's licensing business.

Moderator:
Anna Carugati, Group Editorial Director, World Screen, USA

Credit(s): Hasbro

This article was last modified on Saturday, October 3rd, 2015 3:26pm CDT

Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731032)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 3rd, 2015 @ 2:41pm CDT

Just typical! you do your best to provide info(& on rarest occasion first! at least where this website is concerned! & YES! I did check the news section before i posted that link!) pertaining to the threads topic! & recognition for it gets swept under the proverbial carpet! seems a tad counter productive when the same website WELCOMES such said information FROM it's registered users(or in this case.....user).

so the moral of this is.....If your name is anything but Stuartmaximus! you'll probably receive due recognition when providing information first(which is rare I know).
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731049)
Posted by Primecreator on October 3rd, 2015 @ 3:21pm CDT
I'm okay with this unless if Micheal Bay is involved in directing, writing, and etc (which he probably is involved :BANG_HEAD:). So are these new movies going to be a reboot of the transformers movies (basically ignoring everything from the Bay movies and starting over?) or are they just continuing the Bayformers movies? Because to me it would be a much wiser choice to start over instead of continuing Bays franchise.
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731055)
Posted by Seibertron on October 3rd, 2015 @ 3:29pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:I must be invisible on here or something! coz didn't I just post a link to something that pertains similar information to the post above?

Hi Stuartmaximus! Sorry we overlooked your contribution. It works best if you can submit news to us via our contact form at http://www.seibertron.com/contact/index ... bject=news so that we don't over look your post in the future. Just something so that we can get a heads up in our email inboxes instead.

Also, if you get a chance, you might want to update your email address associated with your account. Hotmail loves to block emails from Seibertron.com. You might receive more topic reply notifications if you have an alternate email address.

I updated the news story so that you receive a news credit for it. Thanks again for supporting Seibertron.com!
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731061)
Posted by Va'al on October 3rd, 2015 @ 3:42pm CDT
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731063)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 3rd, 2015 @ 3:44pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Ok, many many thanks Seibertron, Erm by what email do you have me under?(please respond in pm) coz I thought it was the same one as the day I registered
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731064)
Posted by Seibertron on October 3rd, 2015 @ 3:45pm CDT
Va'al wrote:In addition to Seibertron's comment, I was writing that story before your comment showed up, and the internet slowed down as I was posting to the actual front page. There are three minutes' difference between our posts, I'm sorry I missed it.

Not to mention that you actually wrote up a news story which would have taken longer than those 3 minutes. Hopefully stuartmaximus will use our contact form in the future.
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731068)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 3rd, 2015 @ 3:52pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Ok, fair point
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731069)
Posted by griftimus prime on October 3rd, 2015 @ 3:52pm CDT
not even remotely interested in these movies anymore. just show me the toys.
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731073)
Posted by Evil Eye on October 3rd, 2015 @ 3:56pm CDT
Awesome! More Transformers movies is always good. I just hope the inevitable toylines are more like ROTF and less like AOE.
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731074)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 3rd, 2015 @ 3:57pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:not even remotely interested in these movies anymore. just show me the toys.

Difficult pal! As the movies haven't even gone into production yet(well....I don't think 5 has? it might be! correct me if i'm wrong) + the toys wouldn't even be in the design stage yet.
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731077)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 3rd, 2015 @ 4:07pm CDT

Just one teeny tiny final thing! then I'll leave it alone

If I hadn't brought this oversight to public attention......there's always the probability that it MAY(not definite) have gone unnoticed!

& had that been the case.....then my rant could well have been justified!

But I guess we'll never know now.....will we
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731080)
Posted by Va'al on October 3rd, 2015 @ 4:12pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:

Just one teeny tiny final thing! then I'll leave it alone

& had that been the case.....then my rant could well have been justified!

But I guess we'll never know now.....will we

We always endeavour to credit our users where we can, and several times people have not received due credit because of situations like this one. There are a handful of us and thousands of board members. Accidents and slips happen.

It's why we ask that ALL notifications come via email or contact form.

(Examples of people whose posts we often miss because the contact form isn't used by these users: SlyTF1, Madeus Prime, fenrir72. Cyberpath is an excellent example of posting image/news, its source and sends us a link to the post on the boards via email. It really does not take long and is very helpful to us with writing up our news stories properly!)
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731095)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 3rd, 2015 @ 4:42pm CDT
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731099)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 3rd, 2015 @ 4:47pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Good. My main interest in Transformers is the movies and the toylines based on them so I've been a bit bored since the AoE toyline passed (though I still need to get me Hound and Galvatron since the only shops that did proper Transformers, rather than the simplistic baby stuff, in this country didn't bother getting them in)

Well....The Entertainer have Voy Galvatron & Hound in
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731102)
Posted by Autobot N on October 3rd, 2015 @ 4:57pm CDT

Trust me. You don't want Galvatron.
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731132)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 3rd, 2015 @ 6:35pm CDT

They need to step up their game and move this along faster, I don't have the patience for it and I'm sure many of us here don't either.

Even 2 years per movie is a bit much, considering there are FOUR more coming. They need to have them overlap so there's 1-2 per year like Marvel does. That would work.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Prime series movie on the big screen. Heck, I bet you could add extended footage into the pilot mini-series, package it as a feature film and it would do well.
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731135)
Posted by .... on October 3rd, 2015 @ 6:45pm CDT
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731139)
Posted by Burn on October 3rd, 2015 @ 6:53pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Like I was saying on Facebook, if there are 3 year gaps between movies, I'll be old and gray by the time these come out.

Nope, gotta disagree. I think the gaps are fine.

Trying to do it Marvel style would require expanding the universe, I know they'd like to do it, but I don't think they're willing to take the chance. As it is, there are directors coming out saying superhero movies are done for, casual viewers themselves are finding it harder and harder to keep up because the MCU is growing so large and remembering how it's all tied together is getting more difficult.

They need to do something different for Transformers. They're in a position where they can do something different from Marvel. Have your core movies, but branch it off. Develop a cartoon that ties into it, comic books that connect into it, mobile apps that connect into it. They could leverage so so very much if they wanted to.

But the problem with that, centres around what to do with the toy line? Do they have the main toy line centre around the movie universe? Or do they only do that in the year the movie hits cinema and have it as a backup line in the off years?

They're going to end up trying to juggle too much.
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731145)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 3rd, 2015 @ 7:03pm CDT
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:

Trust me. You don't want Galvatron.

I disagree. I love Galvatron. Yes, he is an entire shellformer, but the shell is very cool and unique, and he has lots of molded details. Plus he's fun to play with since Transformation is just 20 seconds :BOT:
Re: Transformers Live Action 5-8 Confirmed by Hasbro Stephen Davis (1731148)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 3rd, 2015 @ 7:06pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:I'm kinda wanting to draw a movie style Leo Convoy. I would love to see him on the big screen. In fact, I would MUCH RATHER have the badassness of Leo Convoy on the big screen, rather than Optimus Primal. I don't like Prime as an ape.

I disagree. Optimus Primal is a really cool character and one that while he looks like and takes his name from Prime, is not Prime at all. He's young, inexperienced, and only the leader of a ship, not the whole nation. Plus the ape look is really cool and he gets some cool looks out of it too :BOT:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Chomp & Chase Raceway w/ Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fallen Leader Optimus Prime Monochrome Reaction Figure Super7 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-Inch Figure, Toys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Revenge Of The Fallen 2009 HASBRO MASK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Allspark Tech Autobot Sqweeks Cube Power Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collector's Club 2010 Membership Autobot Dion Action Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Child's Costume with jumpsuit and mask " on EBAY