Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images

Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images

Friday, August 1st, 2014 12:22am CDT

Categories: Collectables, Book News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 66,200

With the Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide released in Japan and thanks to Weibo user 北马伊斯力 we get in-hand images of some of the pages! Enjoy!

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images

Credit(s): Weibo user 北马伊斯力

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images (1595691)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 1st, 2014 @ 9:07am CDT
Looks like a great read with all the cad and sketch drawing of how they came up with the transformations.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images (1595705)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 1st, 2014 @ 10:17am CDT
Is this available anywhere besides Amazon Japan?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images (1595706)
Posted by Triptykon on August 1st, 2014 @ 10:32am CDT
This book is a must have for me, just as much as the masterpieces themselves. Side note: As an avid collector, Id really like to see some outlet other than TrU get exclusivity once in a while.

And man.....Magnus is huge! :)
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images (1595709)
Posted by triKlops on August 1st, 2014 @ 11:03am CDT
MenaceRX wrote:Is this available anywhere besides Amazon Japan?

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images (1595712)
Posted by durroth on August 1st, 2014 @ 11:09am CDT
Triptykon wrote: And man.....Magnus is huge! :)

yeah, :D he's practically super Magnus, ooh, better yet, *Ultra* Magnus. 8) 8) 8) :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images (1595720)
Posted by Vegitron on August 1st, 2014 @ 11:42am CDT
I'm a collector of these Japanese Transformers guides/books/magazines. Even though I can't read Japanese, I can still appreciate the pictures and art work. Plus I like the feel of the books in my hands. Flipping through pages in a thick heavy book is much nicer than clicking a link. Plus if I really want to understand the text, I can use google translate on my phone. (although it's quite tedious)

I ordered my copy along with the Transformers Pia Book (2014 Tokyo Transformers Expo Official Book) from http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
Prices are along the lines with HLJ and Amazon JP which also carry many of these books.

Looking forward to their arrival in a few weeks. (picked slow SAL shipping)
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images (1595794)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 1st, 2014 @ 6:26pm CDT
durroth wrote:
Triptykon wrote: And man.....Magnus is huge! :)

In Japanese, "super" and "ultra" are the same thing: 超 (Chō). :-B
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images (1595848)
Posted by Convoy on August 2nd, 2014 @ 1:16am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:In Japanese, "super" and "ultra" are the same thing: 超 (Chō). :-B

But... that would make Super Megatron and Ultra Megatron... THE SAME MEGATRON!!?

:BOOM:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images (1595892)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 2nd, 2014 @ 9:13am CDT
Convoy wrote:

:BOOM:
Thankfully, they used the English "Sūpā" and "Urutora" for those. :P
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images (1596230)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 3rd, 2014 @ 3:02pm CDT
TFW2005 posted two interviews from the book, translated to English by one of its members:

Hironori Kobayashi http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ce-180869/

Shogo Hasui: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ce-180877/

Heh, back in March 2013 I named four characters that I thought should get a Masterpiece figure; two of which will be out later this year (Wheeljack and Bumblebee) and the other two were now mentioned by Hasui:

- What kind of future development are you hoping for?

H: The series has grown based on the concept established in MP-10, so I expect they will continue with the in-scale Robot modes and licensed real cars. On top of that, I hope the series moves onto the next, higher step.
I was introduced to the world of Transformers by combiner warriors, so personally I hope to see such characters in the MP series. Also I would like to see Megatron in scale with MP-10 soon or the characters who weren't given many opportunities to have their toys made such as Ironhide.
More than anything I hope it continues on as a series that realises the fans' wishes.

I hope he gets to do them.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images (1596328)
Posted by RSDADDIMUS2 on August 3rd, 2014 @ 9:57pm CDT
When I win the lottery,I will be able to afford the Masterpiece line.At that time,I will purchase this guide.lol
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide New Images (1596614)
Posted by Vegitron on August 4th, 2014 @ 8:21pm CDT
Those two translated interviews were pretty insightful. I've been pretty hesitant in spending so much for such small figures, but this helps persuade me to bite the bullet and catch up on my MP collection.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage & Whirl the flight bot & Hot Spot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Rescue Bot Quickshadow" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S37 BRUNT Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hasbro 2019 MIB Sealed" on EBAY