Thursday, June 2nd, 2011 11:25am CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 31,689

Jagex Games Studio will be at Botcon to give attendees the first look at the much anticipated Transformers MMO now named Transformers Universe. You can read the entire press release below. You can also register your interest in Transformers Universe which asks for your email and date of birth to keep you updated. You can register your interest in Transformers Universe here.

OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS FAN CONVENTION ATTENDEES WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DESIGN THEIR OWN TRANSFORMERS CHARACTER, MEET THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM, AND PRE-REGISTER FOR BETA FANS’ WAIT FOR THE NAME AND EARLY DETAILS OF THE UPCOMING MMO IS OVER

CAMBRIDGE, UK – JUNE 2, 2011 – Jagex Games Studio, one of the largest independent games developers and publishers in the world,today announced the much anticipated name; TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE for the upcoming MMO based on the iconic TRANSFORMERS brand from Hasbro, Inc. as well as plans to attend TRANSFORMERS BotCon 2011, the official TRANSFORMERS fan convention, to unveil their vision for the browser based MMO for the Western World markets.

Visitors to BotCon will be the first to see the graphical style and direction for the game and be able to see firsthand how the Jagex development team is working with Hasbro to create the look and feel of it through live concept art and animation demonstrations at the Jagex booth.

The Jagex booth will offer fans a chance to meet and engage with members of the development team, and watch exclusive video footage of how a TRANSFORMERS character is developed in-game.

Those visiting the booth will also have the unique opportunity to design their own TRANSFORMERS character from in-game assets and take away a printed copy of their AUTOBOT or DECEPTICON creation. The ability to design and customise your own TRANSFORMERS character will be a key feature in the game and fans will be getting a first taste of what they can look forward to from this new MMO.

Jagex will also be welcoming the TRANSFORMERS community to contribute their thoughts and opinions about AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS in the video area of the booth, where the first battle for supremacy will begin. Who will come out on top?

Mark Gerhard, CEO at Jagex Games Studio, commented: “BotCon is the world’s premier destination for TRANSFORMERS enthusiasts and, with so many loyal fans gathered together in one place, it’s the natural event to unveil the very first details of TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE. It will be great to meet the TRANSFORMERS fans in person and we are especially excited about offering them the chance to design their own TRANSFORMERS character, which will be a key feature of the game when it launches next year.”

Mark Blecher, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Digital Gaming and Media at Hasbro, commented: “The unveiling of some of the first details of TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE from Jagex at BotCon, where Hasbro celebrates all elements of our hugely popular TRANSFORMERS brand, is an extremely exciting prospect for both Hasbro and the dedicated fanbase attending. We are delighted to welcome Jagex to the show and are sure that what the fans will able to see, participate in and take away from their experience at the Jagex booth will make them as excited about the upcoming MMO as we at Hasbro are.”

TRANSFORMERS BotCon runs from the 3rd – 5th June at the Pasadena Convention Centre, California. The Jagex booth can be found in the Main Conference Hall.

To register interest in TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE, fans can now visit:http://www.transformersuniverse.com

Credit(s): Jagex Game Studio

This article was last modified on Thursday, June 2nd, 2011 2:22pm CDT

Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232367)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 2nd, 2011 @ 12:25pm CDT
YES! I can't freaking wait for this game! I was just thinking about how awesome a free roam, RPG Transformers game would be! Even though this is a MMO.
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232392)
Posted by craggy on June 2nd, 2011 @ 1:16pm CDT
TFMMO is what I want. This might not fulfil my wishes entirely (currently appearing very "Prime" oriented) but I have hopes, and will try it out just for the fun of messing about with my own TF characters.
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232437)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 2nd, 2011 @ 2:40pm CDT
WOOOH !!! CANT WAIT !!! Let's hope there's alot of free roam in the game like in Forsaken world and can transforms at any time =P~ :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232444)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 2nd, 2011 @ 3:05pm CDT
I hope its not based in the prime universe and i hope it will let you play on your own, so many MMOs force you to join a party but not every one wants to do that all the time. This could either be an awesome game or just another cookie cutter MMO that will get stale after a few hours of gameplay.
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232464)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on June 2nd, 2011 @ 3:34pm CDT
Sounds interesting.

Aren't Jagex the ones behind Runescape?
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232477)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 2nd, 2011 @ 3:48pm CDT
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232494)
Posted by WarzoneBeta on June 2nd, 2011 @ 4:27pm CDT
DIBS ON THE NAME WARZONE!

I will devour whomever steals it!
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232499)
Posted by craggy on June 2nd, 2011 @ 4:37pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Just registered right before I posted this. I call dibs on "Mindmaster"! 8-} 8-} Seriously, I'd better not register and it says "Mindmaster is already taken." :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

what? you've been registered here for ages.
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232541)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 2nd, 2011 @ 6:01pm CDT
craggy wrote:

what? you've been registered here for ages.

Talking about when the MMO comes out. I'm going to have my username as this name. Weird, because I use this name for mostly everything except my email and my Pirates Online account. Go figure. :lol:
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232604)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 2nd, 2011 @ 7:32pm CDT
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232663)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 2nd, 2011 @ 8:49pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:How old do you have to be to register, before they ask for a parent's address? If you have to be over 13, I'm good. If you have to be 18, I'll just lie.

I was honest with my age (I'm 15 almost turning 16 this July), and it still let me register, so I guess your set. ;)
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232671)
Posted by Stryfe Convoy on June 2nd, 2011 @ 9:02pm CDT
Ummm... did it say it was browser based? I love the fact that there's a TF MMO coming out, but I"m not so sure about it being browser based...
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232673)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 2nd, 2011 @ 9:07pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Ha! I turn 16 the day before DOTM comes out!!! My 16th birth day will end with me getting ready to go to the midnight premier of DOTM. That's pretty awesome for me.

But now that I know this, I shall register.
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232745)
Posted by Shadowman on June 2nd, 2011 @ 11:16pm CDT

LOST Cybertronian wrote:
browser based MMO for the Western World markets.

And after hearing that, my ability to care is also gone.

To be fair, this is the opinion of someone who's already had his heart broken. There was ONE free-to-play giant robot online game for me, and it's gone. If another game intends to try to replace it, they are going to have to try VERY hard.

EDIT: I should elaborate: I'll give it a shot, assuming it's free, but my hopes are already set extremely low.
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232751)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 2nd, 2011 @ 11:23pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:I was never excited about this. I was always a bit suspicious of it. Now that it's happening, the suspicion is gone.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:
browser based MMO for the Western World markets.

And after hearing that, my ability to care is also gone.

So what exactly does this mean?
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232760)
Posted by Shadowman on June 2nd, 2011 @ 11:35pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:

LOST Cybertronian wrote:
browser based MMO for the Western World markets.

And after hearing that, my ability to care is also gone.

So what exactly does this mean?

It means I'll give it a shot but I doubt it'll be any good. Browser-based games aren't typically anything to write home about.
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1232775)
Posted by Wigglez on June 3rd, 2011 @ 12:04am CDT
I'm with Shadowman on this one. This game isn't going to be that big if it's browser based. There won't be alot to it. Now if it was disc based, then I'd stop playing DCUO for it.
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1236075)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 8th, 2011 @ 11:26am CDT
Ty Chou who was at Botcon 2011 revealed some more information about the Transformers Universe MMO game on his DeviantArt page. People who went to the Transformers Universe booth at Botcon got to see standees of Prowl and Barricade in the Transformers Prime style. This will be the first universe to have these characters in the same series. These characters will be featured in the game but not in the show - for now.

He got to talking to the designer of Barricade who revealed a little info about the game.

This is what he told us about the game and the characters: In this game you WILL be able to design your own OCs INCLUDING FEMMES! However, there will only be car designs, no jet modes are offered. But they are already plotting out jet designs for version 2, in which they hope they can offer OC designs for both cars and jets.

As of right now, TF: Prime style Barricade and Prowl are not going to be in the cartoon series. But the designers of the game really WANT them to be. So maybe if we pester them enough. XD
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1236093)
Posted by Universal Prime on June 8th, 2011 @ 11:51am CDT
Re: Transformers MMO Revealed as Transformers Universe - Jagex Studio at Botcon 2011 (1236096)
Posted by Shadowman on June 8th, 2011 @ 11:55am CDT
Universal Prime wrote:Just so long as I can be a Dark Blue and Magenta 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8, I'm good. Working mentally on his design, and I think using Animated Blurr as a base would work.

I don't think we'll be using real-life cars.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "*READ** Transformers Netflix Edition WFC Earthrise Optimus & Siege Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Cliffjumper with head upgrade complete Generations G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Cyclonus complete G1 Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers Takara Tomy Legends LG12 Windblade - Mint SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers Takara Legends LG10 Arcee - Mint Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-17 Blackarachnia - Mint Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars First Aid Of Defensor, Protectobots, Autobot Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Jetfire lg07" on EBAY