Transformers Mosaic: "Human Component Minerva"

Transformers Mosaic: "Human Component Minerva"

Monday, May 4th, 2009 5:30pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Site Articles
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 10,986

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:
TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Human Component Minerva"

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

Transformers Mosaic FAQ, click here

Story and Art : Ivan Mas

Special Thanks: Carlos Oliveros

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Human Component Minerva"

Credit(s): WhiteRabbit

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Human Component Minerva" (917668)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 4th, 2009 @ 6:02pm CDT
Normally I would highly praise any Masterforce mosaic, but this one seemed to disappoint. And it was about one of my favorite characters too.

The story itself was good. I found the message to be a very positive one. But what makes this disappointing to me is the artwork of Minerva herself.

She is drawn much older than she should be, as the text sets this just after episode 4. I understand that some people like to do this sort of thing to make the characters look more... 'appealing' to the readers. But this makes her look like a completely different person, and in her early twenties when really she's only 15.

Not to mention the 'alterations' made to her torso area. She shouldn't be that developed. In fact, it looks as though they're sagging. That's just very disturbing to me.

I'm sorry but to me, this piece of work doesn't cut it as that giant "eye-candy" pic of her just overshadows the messege behind the story.

Masterforce was awesome, this was just a big let down to me. :|

:BLACKEYE:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Human Component Minerva" (917672)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 4th, 2009 @ 6:20pm CDT
Great art, lame story.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Human Component Minerva" (917681)
Posted by Neurie on May 4th, 2009 @ 6:48pm CDT
Isnt she ment to be like 12?!?

Jesus some oens a dirty perv if he think a girl of that age looks like 25 year old hooker
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Human Component Minerva" (917688)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 4th, 2009 @ 6:56pm CDT
Neurie wrote:Isnt she ment to be like 12?!?

15 actually. But yeah.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Human Component Minerva" (917746)
Posted by Tristar on May 4th, 2009 @ 9:55pm CDT
Personally I liked it. Nevered watched Masterforce. As to art I think it's fine she looks like she goes to a prep school. As to how she looks well we have remember Mosaics arn't canon unless noted what if the cast was older. Wouldn't change the plot much.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Human Component Minerva" (917760)
Posted by AutobotJetfire777 on May 4th, 2009 @ 11:03pm CDT
retarded
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Human Component Minerva" (917970)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 5th, 2009 @ 1:47pm CDT
Holy Crap what is wrong with you people!! This is one individuals artistic take on a given aspect of the TF mythos and you folks dump all over it because it isn't exactly spot on with YOUR ideal or it didn't copy the show EXACTLY?
Pull the stick out! This is art, this is individual expression and in my opinion this is one of, if not THE most, beautifully done Mosaics out there. Even though I know little of Masterforce, there is enough storywise to give me some clue as to what is going on and, again, the artwork is amazing. Whereas before I had little interest in delving into the backstory of Masterforce or the other non-US stories, this actually has me curious now. Pointing out the details of the bracelet was a nice touch and nothing makes a story more enjoyable than the feeling that you can relate with the character even if their outward struggle is one of epic proportion.

I'm truly impressed and now I'm curious enough to start researching the rest of the story.
Great Job! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Human Component Minerva" (917996)
Posted by Windsweeper on May 5th, 2009 @ 2:56pm CDT

Very nice mosaic.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Human Component Minerva" (918075)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 5th, 2009 @ 6:20pm CDT
Windsweeper wrote:Very nice artwork. Be interesting to see an actual robot mode Transformer in this style. While I enjoyed Masterforce, I do like the older portrayal of Minerva here. I mean, at this point, haven't we learned that kids and TF's do not mix.

Very nice mosaic.
This takes place right after episode four and she looks ten years older that normal.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Human Component Minerva" (918110)
Posted by Predaprince on May 5th, 2009 @ 7:49pm CDT
YAWN

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers RID Windblade - Warrior Class 2016 - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY