Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More

Transformers News: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More

Monday, October 16th, 2017 12:12PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,533

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

This time via Facebook page TFCN, we have some more Transformers Powers of the Prime images- but of the collector card that will supposedly accompany the toys we've seen being slowly revealed through the most frustrating of practices the industry (our most recent story on the so-called leaks can be found here). The images mirrored below include tiny previews of what will come with the likes of Slug, Swoop, Jazz, Dreadwind, Rodimus Prime, Optimus Prime, and the Prime Master they are associated with in the top right corner of each. Check them out, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More

Transformers News: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More

Transformers News: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More

Transformers News: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More

Transformers News: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More

Transformers News: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More
Credit(s): TFCN
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916867)
Posted by Randomhero on October 16th, 2017 @ 12:17pm CDT
megatronus wrote:

Can we all agree that Hungrr is a retooled Silverbolt? It seems so obvious.

ScottyP - you know what this means!!





Is this the first confirmation of Elita One? This feels like it should be bigger news.



It's a not a retool! It shares engineering and that's it. There's a difference.

This is just like G2 Smokescreen and Energon Stracream.

A retool means shared parts with new molding. Hun-grrr doesn't share any parts with silverbolt.

By your argument that would mean every single titan master is a retool because they transform the same and there not. While most have been retooled they not all retools of one titan master.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916880)
Posted by william-james88 on October 16th, 2017 @ 12:42pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
A retool means shared parts with new molding.

No, that is NOT the definition of a retool, it never was.

Here is the ONLY definition for a retool that is legitimate:

[quote]A Retool is a toy that has been created by modifying an existing mold to give it new features. This enables companies to create new toys without producing an entirely new mold from scratch.[/quote]

Any definition beyond that is entirely particular to you as a fan and in no way legitimate. That is the definition for Hasbro and the toy industry. Notice 0 mention of shared parts. And even then, all combiner components have a shared part, the combiner ports, so those fan definitions are still utterly useless.
A mold can be modified entirely and it would still be a retool. And TF molds have a bunch of pieces, so it could be they use the mold for some pieces, modify them and then add other new pieces. There is still a retooled element in there.

The main idea is that a toy must come from an existing mold and since we all have 0 clue as to what went on in the background at hasrbo (like, did they take the silverbolt mold and tweak it totally, or did they never look at silverbolt and just make this guy from scratch) then NONE of us have the answer and NONE of us are right or can affirm to be right over an other. That is why this discussion is so fucking tedious every fucking time. There is no answer, its what you think.

So, short story, if you think its a retool, then its a retool. If you dont, then it isnt, TO YOU.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916883)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 16th, 2017 @ 12:48pm CDT
ExciKaiser wrote:
Even the beast mode is only silverbolt on fours.


Not quite, what Hun-Gurr uses for front beast legs doesn't exist on Silverbolt. They had to add parts for the front beast legs since Silverbolt/Hun-Gurr's robot legs become his dragon heads.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916895)
Posted by megatronus on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:09pm CDT
Call it a reshell. Whatever.

If they simply remolded the outward appearance but internal mechanics are unchanged from Silverbolt, it's the same. Retool.

Smokescreen & Energon Starscream have a similar transformation, but that's more of a one-is-inspired-by-the-other case. Given their size and other quirks with those figures it's hard to call SS a retool in that sense.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916896)
Posted by megatronus on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:12pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
ExciKaiser wrote:
Even the beast mode is only silverbolt on fours.


Not quite, what Hun-Gurr uses for front beast legs doesn't exist on Silverbolt. They had to add parts for the front beast legs since Silverbolt/Hun-Gurr's robot legs become his dragon heads.

Is Sandstorm a retool of Springer?

The consensus is yes.

.
.
.

If the glove fits, you must acquit!
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916898)
Posted by Rated X on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:14pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Has Inferno's forearm been retooled to accommodate a Prime Master, or is he holding a combiner foot with the gun plugged into that? I think the later, but what do you all se2e?

I'm not so curfuffled over the re-release of this mold, and I like the looks of the new head sculpt for robot mode, but I do wish they had given the torso a new combiner head.


That inferno head is destined to be hidden for life. I dont care about Inferno I want G2 Defensor. Hoping we still get that wreck gar repaint of Groove to cover the leg limbs in proper G2 colors along with Funpub bluestreak as a stand in for streetwise. First Aid is about the same in white. And unfortunately we dont get a all dark blue copter but Alpha Bravo will finally have a purpose to exist.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916899)
Posted by megatronus on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:17pm CDT
Rated X wrote:That inferno head is destined to be hidden for life. I dont care about Inferno I want G2 Defensor. Hoping we still get that wreck gar repaint of Groove to cover the leg limbs in proper G2 colors along with Funpub bluestreak as a stand in for streetwise. First Aid is about the same in white. And unfortunately we dont get a all dark blue copter but Alpha Bravo will finally have a purpose to exist.

G2 FTW :michaelbay:

You can always borrow the Baldigus copter to make it happen.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916902)
Posted by megatronus on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:19pm CDT
On a side note -

Did anyone else notice that Starscream's torso mode somewhat resembles his Bayhem movie body? Not sure if that's an intention nod.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916903)
Posted by MECHdirge on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:20pm CDT
I don't have an issue with the use of CW Hot Spot into a new version of Inferno. Sure, it isn't perfect and I have a few variations of the mold already, but it's a pretty obvious use of the mold and many of us like more combiner options. I have been very tempted to paint up my own versions of Ratchet (haven't wanted to pay for the Takara set, but leaning towards it), Hoist, Bluestreak (missed the Club release, sadly) and Sideswipe. I imagine I'm not alone in that interest. They seemed like very obvious releases Hasbro could have added at little cost.

Likewise, I have a third-party Elita-1 but I like the Primes mold, even if the forearms are bulky. Again, it isn't perfect, but I definitely will add it to my collection, like the vast majority of this upcoming line. I wanted more Combiner Wars when the series ended. I like a lot of the less popular characters that were addressed with Titans Return, but I'm ready and eager for a continuation of the CW series. If some of the molds aren't precisely the way I'd design them, that's fine; they aren't nearly what I would have paid for a third-Party figure, let alone one with combiner port options. They're still very nice additions to most collections--most importantly, mine :-)
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916905)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:25pm CDT
Hmmm, I just noticed from some of the photos that it looks like the combiners hands that come with the deluxes are going to be color matched to some of the plastic on the actual deluxe figures.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. While it may make for a more cohesive arm, it may also look like crap when you are using the 2 unused hands from the leg bots to fill out the voyager torso.

This is fine for Jazz and the dinobots, who's combiner hands are black. But Moonracer, Rippersnapper, Dreadwind and Blackwing all have different colors on each of theirs.

I think Perfect Effect will be getting a bit of business from this line.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916906)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:27pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
ExciKaiser wrote:
Even the beast mode is only silverbolt on fours.


Not quite, what Hun-Gurr uses for front beast legs doesn't exist on Silverbolt. They had to add parts for the front beast legs since Silverbolt/Hun-Gurr's robot legs become his dragon heads.

Is Sandstorm a retool of Springer?

The consensus is yes.

.
.
.

If the glove fits, you must acquit!


I believe you completely missed my point. I was saying Hun-Gurr simply cannot be Silverbolt on all fours, because 2 of the 4 are up in the air.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916912)
Posted by Randomhero on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:37pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
A retool means shared parts with new molding.

No, that is NOT the definition of a retool, it never was.

Here is the ONLY definition for a retool that is legitimate:

[quote]A Retool is a toy that has been created by modifying an existing mold to give it new features. This enables companies to create new toys without producing an entirely new mold from scratch.


Any definition beyond that is entirely particular to you as a fan and in no way legitimate. That is the definition for Hasbro and the toy industry. Notice 0 mention of shared parts. And even then, all combiner components have a shared part, the combiner ports, so those fan definitions are still utterly useless.
A mold can be modified entirely and it would still be a retool. And TF molds have a bunch of pieces, so it could be they use the mold for some pieces, modify them and then add other new pieces. There is still a retooled element in there.

The main idea is that a toy must come from an existing mold and since we all have 0 clue as to what went on in the background at hasrbo (like, did they take the silverbolt mold and tweak it totally, or did they never look at silverbolt and just make this guy from scratch) then NONE of us have the answer and NONE of us are right or can affirm to be right over an other. That is why this discussion is so **** tedious every **** time. There is no answer, its what you think.

So, short story, if you think its a retool, then its a retool. If you dont, then it isnt, TO YOU.[/quote]

That's ridiculous. Calling something a retool when it's not is ignorance and it just spreads more ignorance. There's plenty of people who won't buy retools because 1. they thinks it's lazy or 2. They already one mold of the figure and don't want to buy it again. Going around saying hun-grrr is a retool spreads that idea when in fact he's not because he doesn't share anything expect shared engineering for gestalt.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916915)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:40pm CDT
Damnit, double post.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916922)
Posted by megatronus on October 16th, 2017 @ 2:02pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
A retool means shared parts with new molding.

No, that is NOT the definition of a retool, it never was.

Here is the ONLY definition for a retool that is legitimate:

[quote]A Retool is a toy that has been created by modifying an existing mold to give it new features. This enables companies to create new toys without producing an entirely new mold from scratch.


Any definition beyond that is entirely particular to you as a fan and in no way legitimate. That is the definition for Hasbro and the toy industry. Notice 0 mention of shared parts. And even then, all combiner components have a shared part, the combiner ports, so those fan definitions are still utterly useless.
A mold can be modified entirely and it would still be a retool. And TF molds have a bunch of pieces, so it could be they use the mold for some pieces, modify them and then add other new pieces. There is still a retooled element in there.

The main idea is that a toy must come from an existing mold and since we all have 0 clue as to what went on in the background at hasrbo (like, did they take the silverbolt mold and tweak it totally, or did they never look at silverbolt and just make this guy from scratch) then NONE of us have the answer and NONE of us are right or can affirm to be right over an other. That is why this discussion is so **** tedious every **** time. There is no answer, its what you think.

So, short story, if you think its a retool, then its a retool. If you dont, then it isnt, TO YOU.


That's ridiculous. Calling something a retool when it's not is ignorance and it just spreads more ignorance. There's plenty of people who won't buy retools because 1. they thinks it's lazy or 2. They already one mold of the figure and don't want to buy it again. Going around saying hun-grrr is a retool spreads that idea when in fact he's not because he doesn't share anything expect shared engineering for gestalt.[/quote]
WJ88 went to the effort to actually put a definition to the word - you have not yet done so, so it's somewhat difficult to assess your response.

Shared engineering is half of it; much of it, in my mind at least, has to do with the development process, as Will laid out. If Silverbolt was a starting point for Hun-Grr, and they altered the molding of pieces to give him that healthy Hun-Grr look, that counts as a substantial retool, similar to how Sandstorm is substantially different from Springer, or Sharkticon Megatron is substantially different from the PRID version. If Silverbolt was not the starting point, then perhaps Hun-Grr is not a retool.

However, given the way these things are planned, I think it's reasonable to assume, and even likely as a matter of fact, that Silverbolt was a starting point for Hun-Grr. That, in combination with all of the identical internal mechanics, makes Hun-Grr a retool. If you want a more intensive term, reshell.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916923)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 16th, 2017 @ 2:07pm CDT
Speaking of sharing things...Jazz(& probably others too) has the same combiner peg carried over from the CW figs, so at least the combiner mechanics share that same system
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916927)
Posted by o.supreme on October 16th, 2017 @ 2:16pm CDT
So...as soon as I end work on Friday afternoon all these new pics surface heh...Some nice ones too. I'm glad the whole G2 Defensor/Inferno issue got cleared up. I was going to freak out if they actually did release G2 Defensor after I already got rid of my other G2 combiners.

But I think the initial confusion was caused, because, at least for me, I'd hoped the new Autobot combiner would have a new head, not just a repaint of Defensors. I mean most of the combiners got unique heads, and even :TAKARATOMY: fixed Computron when :HASBRO: just slapped Superions head on theirs.

It's kind of like Elia-1 & Starscream -whenever their combiner's are revealed I don't expect them to have the same head sculpt (of course I could be wrong...) . But great pics overall during the weekend. I cant wait to see more.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916928)
Posted by Randomhero on October 16th, 2017 @ 2:26pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
A retool means shared parts with new molding.

No, that is NOT the definition of a retool, it never was.

Here is the ONLY definition for a retool that is legitimate:

[quote]A Retool is a toy that has been created by modifying an existing mold to give it new features. This enables companies to create new toys without producing an entirely new mold from scratch.


Any definition beyond that is entirely particular to you as a fan and in no way legitimate. That is the definition for Hasbro and the toy industry. Notice 0 mention of shared parts. And even then, all combiner components have a shared part, the combiner ports, so those fan definitions are still utterly useless.
A mold can be modified entirely and it would still be a retool. And TF molds have a bunch of pieces, so it could be they use the mold for some pieces, modify them and then add other new pieces. There is still a retooled element in there.

The main idea is that a toy must come from an existing mold and since we all have 0 clue as to what went on in the background at hasrbo (like, did they take the silverbolt mold and tweak it totally, or did they never look at silverbolt and just make this guy from scratch) then NONE of us have the answer and NONE of us are right or can affirm to be right over an other. That is why this discussion is so **** tedious every **** time. There is no answer, its what you think.

So, short story, if you think its a retool, then its a retool. If you dont, then it isnt, TO YOU.


That's ridiculous. Calling something a retool when it's not is ignorance and it just spreads more ignorance. There's plenty of people who won't buy retools because 1. they thinks it's lazy or 2. They already one mold of the figure and don't want to buy it again. Going around saying hun-grrr is a retool spreads that idea when in fact he's not because he doesn't share anything expect shared engineering for gestalt.

WJ88 went to the effort to actually put a definition to the word - you have not yet done so, so it's somewhat difficult to assess your response.

Shared engineering is half of it; much of it, in my mind at least, has to do with the development process, as Will laid out. If Silverbolt was a starting point for Hun-Grr, and they altered the molding of pieces to give him that healthy Hun-Grr look, that counts as a substantial retool, similar to how Sandstorm is substantially different from Springer, or Sharkticon Megatron is substantially different from the PRID version. If Silverbolt was not the starting point, then perhaps Hun-Grr is not a retool.

However, given the way these things are planned, I think it's reasonable to assume, and even likely as a matter of fact, that Silverbolt was a starting point for Hun-Grr. That, in combination with all of the identical internal mechanics, makes Hun-Grr a retool. If you want a more intensive term, reshell.[/quote]


Then I guess we better count every titan master a retool and also TR Chromdome is a retool of dead end and while we're at it all the terrorcons are retools from combiner Wars figures because their legs fold up similar with arms to the side and some part goes to the back. Classics Jazz is a retool from 84 one because they transform almost the same. We better say the combiner Wars hotshot mold is a retool of motor master because the legs become the thighs and you fold up the arms for the torso mode. Yup we gotta count it all now
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916930)
Posted by DeadCaL on October 16th, 2017 @ 2:30pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I'm not sure what it is, but something about Slug's dino mode looks a little off.


Head and tail are stumpy, back legs are incredibly thin. The saving in plastic puts Slags proportions off.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916932)
Posted by steals_your_goats on October 16th, 2017 @ 2:57pm CDT
I just realized that the new hand piece gimmick essentially makes every deluxe a breast master. Combiners. Breastmasters. Liokaiser.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Collector Card Images: Dreadwind, Optimus Prime, Rodimus, More (1916933)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 16th, 2017 @ 2:59pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:I just realized that the new hand piece gimmick essentially makes every deluxe a breast master. Combiners. Breastmasters. Liokaiser.
I was thinking more like a Powermaster, albeit with spark symbols instead of engines.

Though, "Breastmaster" isn't what the Breastforce members were called.

Ending Soon On eBay

Brand New Transformers 4 Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Classic Child Costume - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 33 minutes 22 seconds
Bumblebee 100% Complete Deluxe Classics UNIVERSE Transformers FIGURE - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 39 minutes 31 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 1993  LOOSE G1 G2 IRONFIST LIGHTFORMER - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 39 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee Sealed - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 41 minutes 9 seconds
New Transformers Go! G20 Sensuimaru (japan import) Free Shipping - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 49 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Waspinator Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 52 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Skystalker Predacon New! - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 57 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Cyberverse Sentinel Prime DOTM Commander Class 4" FIGURE COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 58 minutes
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017