Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop

Thursday, November 15th, 2018 9:27PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 11,125

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Good news for those still struggling to fine our fan vote Prime! Thanks to a heads up from DeathReviews, we have word that Hasbro Toy Shop once more has the Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus in stock! This figure has been one that has baffled and angered people with his very spotty distribution (as in, he has only just started showing up alongside the new Siege figures), and this may be one of your best opportunities to get him at retail price, with Siege beginning to overrun the pegs and stores like Walmart having stopped stocking Power of the Primes Leader figures after wave 1 or 2.

You can follow the above link to the Optimal Optimus page, or you can click the picture down below! He comes in at $49.99 before tax, so he qualifies for the free shipping from HTS as well. Let us know if you pick him up in the comments section below!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop
Credit(s): Hasbro Toy Shop
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994362)
Posted by DeathReviews on November 16th, 2018 @ 7:59pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Good news for those still struggling to fine our fan vote Prime! Thanks to a heads up from DeathReviews, we have word that Hasbro Toy Shop once more has the Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus in stock! This figure has been one that has baffled and angered people with his very spotty distribution (as in, he has only just started showing up alongside the new Siege figures), and this may be one of your best opportunities to get him at retail price, with Siege beginning to overrun the pegs and stores like Walmart having stopped stocking Power of the Primes Leader figures after wave 1 or 2.

You can follow the above link to the Optimal Optimus page, or you can click the picture down below! He comes in at $49.99 before tax, so he qualifies for the free shipping from HTS as well. Let us know if you pick him up in the comments section below!

https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-e0904as00


And I've frankly been 'baffled' as to why this one is in such high demand. All the images I've seen lead me to conclude that this figure isn't really that great shakes. A wind-surfing cybernetic ape? I guess if you really really liked Beast Wars he's OK, and I won't take that away from anybody...
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994365)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 16th, 2018 @ 8:10pm CST
DeathReviews wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Good news for those still struggling to fine our fan vote Prime! Thanks to a heads up from DeathReviews, we have word that Hasbro Toy Shop once more has the Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus in stock! This figure has been one that has baffled and angered people with his very spotty distribution (as in, he has only just started showing up alongside the new Siege figures), and this may be one of your best opportunities to get him at retail price, with Siege beginning to overrun the pegs and stores like Walmart having stopped stocking Power of the Primes Leader figures after wave 1 or 2.

You can follow the above link to the Optimal Optimus page, or you can click the picture down below! He comes in at $49.99 before tax, so he qualifies for the free shipping from HTS as well. Let us know if you pick him up in the comments section below!

https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-e0904as00


And I've frankly been 'baffled' as to why this one is in such high demand. All the images I've seen lead me to conclude that this figure isn't really that great shakes. A wind-surfing cybernetic ape? I guess if you really really liked Beast Wars he's OK, and I won't take that away from anybody...

Because it's fun and awesome, and was kinda chosen by the fans >:oP
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994375)
Posted by Emerje on November 16th, 2018 @ 9:54pm CST
DeathReviews wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Good news for those still struggling to fine our fan vote Prime! Thanks to a heads up from DeathReviews, we have word that Hasbro Toy Shop once more has the Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus in stock! This figure has been one that has baffled and angered people with his very spotty distribution (as in, he has only just started showing up alongside the new Siege figures), and this may be one of your best opportunities to get him at retail price, with Siege beginning to overrun the pegs and stores like Walmart having stopped stocking Power of the Primes Leader figures after wave 1 or 2.

You can follow the above link to the Optimal Optimus page, or you can click the picture down below! He comes in at $49.99 before tax, so he qualifies for the free shipping from HTS as well. Let us know if you pick him up in the comments section below!

https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-e0904as00


And I've frankly been 'baffled' as to why this one is in such high demand. All the images I've seen lead me to conclude that this figure isn't really that great shakes. A wind-surfing cybernetic ape? I guess if you really really liked Beast Wars he's OK, and I won't take that away from anybody...

The fan vote aside, the other three were easily found at most retailers in America, but OpOp has only been found at some Targets making any online sighting a big deal.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994403)
Posted by JChewning on November 17th, 2018 @ 10:34am CST
Awesome! I like your INFERNOCUS, I just decided to finish what Hasbro didnt by making my own, so here is my INFERNOCUS.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994466)
Posted by bodrock on November 18th, 2018 @ 12:56am CST
Wow, lovin Infernocus!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994533)
Posted by william-james88 on November 18th, 2018 @ 7:21pm CST
While Transformers Power of the Primes winds down, and the holiday shopping season ramps up, there may be one more opportunity to find some of those elusive late wave Power of the Primes toys. While out on the prowl, our own Site Moderator Cobotron stumbled across wave 4 PotP deluxes and and Wave 3 Prime Masters at his local Family Dollar in Omaha, NE. Keep in mind the only new deluxe in wave 4 is Novastar with repacks of Blackwing, Slug and Ripeprsnapper. Deluxes were $17 and Prime Masters were $6. While the end of the line releases are notoriously spotty for any given Transformers toy line, add Family Dollar as one more outlet to try your luck and complete the line.

Image
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994539)
Posted by Emerje on November 18th, 2018 @ 7:54pm CST
Neat, though I'm glad I already have these as my two local Family Dollar stores closed down a few years ago. One became a Dollar General while the other is still vacant (it was a temp Spirit of Halloween store last month).

Emerje
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994540)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on November 18th, 2018 @ 8:06pm CST
But.... The Legends are the ones that I freakin need.

Damn it!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994555)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 18th, 2018 @ 9:27pm CST
JChewning wrote:Awesome! I like your INFERNOCUS, I just decided to finish what Hasbro didnt by making my own, so here is my INFERNOCUS.

Thanks! And that is a great team you have there too!

I gave his limbs to Elita for now, but I'm hoping that Red Swoop and Ricochet do come true. If they are, Infernocus will rise again with some new limbs! Though I could give him Lost Lightatron's limbs, but I really like how that combiner turned out.

Also super happy someone else decided to use Infernocus :D :lol:
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994604)
Posted by o.supreme on November 19th, 2018 @ 10:13am CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:But.... The Legends are the ones that I freakin need.

Damn it!


Which legends do you need? HTS has them all except Slash. Legends have been some of the most in stock of the line, at least in my area

https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchDis ... pageSize:&
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994709)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 20th, 2018 @ 12:00am CST
Regarding potential extra figures, I'm hoping we get a Deluxe Sideswipe (from CW Breakdown) and Windcharger. Because that would finally finish out the Masquerade 5.

For those not up on the G1 cartoon, "Masquerade" is the episode where the Autobots abducted the Stunticons then disguised Optimus, Mirage, Jazz, Sideswipe, and Windcharger as them to infiltrate the Decepticons and screw up Megatron's latest superweapon.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994773)
Posted by o.supreme on November 20th, 2018 @ 9:25am CST
Sideswipe definitely, as he is the only member of the 1984 standard size Autobots not to be released as a combiner component. Windcharger...not so much. He already received two standard Legends Class releases in the Prime Wars trilogy.

I mean, I'm as big a fan of the original animated series as you can get. I know Windcharger was chosen to be part of the faux Stunticons because his magnetic ability was a huge contributing factor to allow the Autobots to *merge* ... It's just unfortunate that his smaller size doesn't really lend itself well to the concept overall in toy form. It was just a poor writing choice at the time, but I get it.

I mean if anything, you could have another Autobot be the 5th member, and legends CW Windcharger can be the 6th member, as we have seen, he fits on the chest of CW Prime ;)
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994787)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 20th, 2018 @ 10:00am CST
o.supreme wrote:Sideswipe definitely, as he is the only member of the 1984 standard size Autobots not to be released as a combiner component. Windcharger...not so much. He already received two standard Legends Class releases in the Prime Wars trilogy.

I mean, I'm as big a fan of the original animated series as you can get. I know Windcharger was chosen to be part of the faux Stunticons because his magnetic ability was a huge contributing factor to allow the Autobots to *merge* ... It's just unfortunate that his smaller size doesn't really lend itself well to the concept overall in toy form. It was just a poor writing choice at the time, but I get it.

I mean if anything, you could have another Autobot be the 5th member, and legends CW Windcharger can be the 6th member, as we have seen, he fits on the chest of CW Prime ;)

No, you couldn't. It's Deluxe Windcharger as the 5th member or nothing, otherwise you spoil the reference. And that's the thing - it would be a Deluxe Windcharger rather than a Legends, and we certainly haven't had a Deluxe Windcharger yet :P

Windcharger wasn't chosen just for the use of his magnets, he was also chosen because his altmode has a similar silhouette to Wildrider's altmode (as far as G1 goes). That was the basis on which ALL the faux Stunticons were chosen:
* Optimus and Motormaster are both cab-over-engine trucks with trailers
* Sidewipe and Breakdown are both Lamborghini Countach LP500 cars.
* Jazz and Dead End are both Porsche coupes
* Mirage and Drag Strip are both Formula 1 cars
* windcharger and Wildrider are different makes and kinds of cars, but Windcharger's altmode silhouette is close enough to Wildrider's for it to work
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994790)
Posted by o.supreme on November 20th, 2018 @ 10:09am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote: No, you couldn't. It's Deluxe Windcharger as the 5th member or nothing, otherwise you spoil the reference. And that's the thing - it would be a Deluxe Windcharger rather than a Legends, and we certainly haven't had a Deluxe Windcharger yet :P


ok...So I've stayed out of the toys size comparison argument on the other threads, because frankly I don't feel that strongly about it one way or the other, but I do see you have a passion for critiquing the sizes of the toys, which is fine. But now you say you want a Deluxe Windcharger?? It's just puzzling is all, animated series reference withstanding.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994793)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 20th, 2018 @ 10:15am CST
Yeah, I've always felt that Windcharger was chosen in that episode because of his altmode being able to pass for Wildrider's when covered in the camouflage paint. While his magnetic powers did allow for the Autobots to combine into their fake Menasor form, the team never planned for it ahead of time since it was completely improvised. They were only going to try to sneak in and stop Megatron's plans once they got behind enemy lines, but the unexpected arrival of the real Stunticons forced the Autobots to try and fake a Menasor combination of their own. They were extremely lucky that they had one of their members (Windcharger) with a power that helped them to pull it off.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994794)
Posted by o.supreme on November 20th, 2018 @ 10:20am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Yeah, I've always felt that Windcharger was chosen in that episode because of his altmode being able to pass for Wildrider's when covered in the camouflage paint. While his magnetic powers did allow for the Autobots to combine into their fake Menasor form, the team never planned for it ahead of time since it was completely improvised. They were only going to try to sneak in and stop Megatron's plans once they got behind enemy lines, but the unexpected arrival of the real Stunticons forced the Autobots to try and fake a Menasor combination of their own. They were extremely lucky that they had one of their members (Windcharger) with a power that helped them to pull it off.


See I feel the exact opposite. Of course nothing is ever stated or implied in the episode, but I find it difficult to believe the Autobots would take on such a dangerous mission without planning a Menasor mode ahead of time. Yes they wanted to be in and out as quickly as possible, but Optimus I think was more of a planner than an improviser, not that he couldn't, but always better to be prepared.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994798)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on November 20th, 2018 @ 10:39am CST
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Yeah, I've always felt that Windcharger was chosen in that episode because of his altmode being able to pass for Wildrider's when covered in the camouflage paint. While his magnetic powers did allow for the Autobots to combine into their fake Menasor form, the team never planned for it ahead of time since it was completely improvised. They were only going to try to sneak in and stop Megatron's plans once they got behind enemy lines, but the unexpected arrival of the real Stunticons forced the Autobots to try and fake a Menasor combination of their own. They were extremely lucky that they had one of their members (Windcharger) with a power that helped them to pull it off.


See I feel the exact opposite. Of course nothing is ever stated or implied in the episode, but I find it difficult to believe the Autobots would take on such a dangerous mission without planning a Menasor mode ahead of time. Yes they wanted to be in and out as quickly as possible, but Optimus I think was more of a planner than an improviser, not that he couldn't, but always better to be prepared.


I must say, this turn in the debate is much more enjoyable to read than the endless discussion on the size of Siege toys.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994824)
Posted by Cobotron on November 20th, 2018 @ 12:22pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Yeah, I've always felt that Windcharger was chosen in that episode because of his altmode being able to pass for Wildrider's when covered in the camouflage paint. While his magnetic powers did allow for the Autobots to combine into their fake Menasor form, the team never planned for it ahead of time since it was completely improvised. They were only going to try to sneak in and stop Megatron's plans once they got behind enemy lines, but the unexpected arrival of the real Stunticons forced the Autobots to try and fake a Menasor combination of their own. They were extremely lucky that they had one of their members (Windcharger) with a power that helped them to pull it off.


See I feel the exact opposite. Of course nothing is ever stated or implied in the episode, but I find it difficult to believe the Autobots would take on such a dangerous mission without planning a Menasor mode ahead of time. Yes they wanted to be in and out as quickly as possible, but Optimus I think was more of a planner than an improviser, not that he couldn't, but always better to be prepared.


I must say, this turn in the debate is much more enjoyable to read than the endless discussion on the size of Siege toys.


While I agree with Kev, I gotta say, at least the scale debate was somewhat pertaining to Siege.

Lets try to keep this thread on topic, friends.

If you want to debate Combiners and Combiner Wars toys, feel free to take it up in the CW thread.
That old thread could always use a little love.

Thanks all! ;)^

Edit: Geez! I just realized I had lost track of where I was! :lol:
Thought I was in the Siege thread. I guess Combiners are pertinent to PotP to some degree.

Anyway. Sorry for the over site y'all, but everybody always please try to stay on topic anyway! :HEADHURTS: :lol:
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994876)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 20th, 2018 @ 7:14pm CST
Yes Cobotron, combiners do have relevance to PotP. Especially when we're talking about potentially getting new combiner limbs as part of PotP :P

o.supreme wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote: No, you couldn't. It's Deluxe Windcharger as the 5th member or nothing, otherwise you spoil the reference. And that's the thing - it would be a Deluxe Windcharger rather than a Legends, and we certainly haven't had a Deluxe Windcharger yet :P


ok...So I've stayed out of the toys size comparison argument on the other threads, because frankly I don't feel that strongly about it one way or the other, but I do see you have a passion for critiquing the sizes of the toys, which is fine. But now you say you want a Deluxe Windcharger?? It's just puzzling is all, animated series reference withstanding.

In this case yes. It's totally the wrong size class for him under all other circumstances, but if the homage is to be done then I think it should be done all the way. It's a case where making him two size classes too big (as a Cybertron fan I will forever remember the Scout class) serves a specific, deliberate purpose.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Back in Stock at Hasbro Toy Shop (1994897)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 20th, 2018 @ 11:08pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:In this case yes. It's totally the wrong size class for him under all other circumstances, but if the homage is to be done then I think it should be done all the way. It's a case where making him two size classes too big (as a Cybertron fan I will forever remember the Scout class) serves a specific, deliberate purpose.


You could argue too that some of the other figures we've gotten in Combiners Wars and Power of the Primes were put into inappropriately larger or smaller size classes to fit the gimmick play pattern, like the Dinobot limbs being only Deluxe sized or Sky Lynx being only a Voyager Class figure, or Elita One being a big Voyager Class figure compared to her Deluxe Class teammates.

On another note, I consider the modern "Legends Class" to be the spiritual successor of the old "Scout Class." Yes, the Scout Class figures of old were a bit larger than Legends Class figures are today, but that's true of Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders too. It makes sense to me, at least.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
Twincast / Podcast #213:
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Go! Arms Micron Figure: Gan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Crosshairs AOE 3D tin box embossed lid 68x98mm and photo card game" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers age of extinction lockdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking combiner G1 reissue new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Platinum Edition Crosshairs No Box New Free Ship" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Age of Extinction Deluxe Class DINOBOT STRAFE 6" Figure (S1)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  AGE OF EXTINCTION Lockdown Deluxe MINT 100% Comp. 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Action Figure" on EBAY