Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial

Wednesday, February 4th, 2015 2:53pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 29,342

The commercial features Hyperchange Bumblebee, who's gallery can be seen here, and One Step Steeljaw, who will soon be released.

EDIT: The channel has also uploaded an English dubbed version of the same clip, which we've mirrored below.

Credit(s): Official transformers youtube channel

This article was last modified on Wednesday, February 11th, 2015 2:40am CST

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1646695)
Posted by Deadput on February 4th, 2015 @ 4:59pm CST
Why is the commercials animation better then the shows?

Then again it would probably mean that there would be a lack of characters like Prime was which was the biggest flaw of the show in my opinion.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1646699)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 4th, 2015 @ 5:07pm CST
Dat Warrior Class Optimus! :x
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1646700)
Posted by Optimizzy on February 4th, 2015 @ 5:08pm CST
yeah um...dang the commercial looks more interesting.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1646705)
Posted by Va'al on February 4th, 2015 @ 5:48pm CST
We're bringing some more Transformers: Robots in Disguise news, in the form of another video review of one of the toys from the line - and in this case, a wave mate to the Optimus Prime we showed earlier: Warrior class Drift! Check out the embedded clip below, and fellow Seibertronian chuckdawg1999's thoughts on it too.

Drift is a fantastic figure and probably the best RID figure released thus far. One thing that impressed me right away was the swords being made of a solid, stiff plastic; after all these years it's nice to have melee weapons that aren't bent right out of the package! Something that you may not be expecting is an added horizontal wrist joint that allows for some more dynamic sword poses, while it's nice I would have preferred a vertical joint for better sword pointing. All in all this is a better figure than Prime and I would recommend picking it up first.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1646719)
Posted by Optimizzy on February 4th, 2015 @ 6:32pm CST
I just don't know though. he's cool but with the orange I want to call him Tigertron.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1646745)
Posted by Fox Thiagarajan on February 4th, 2015 @ 7:26pm CST
So glad he turned out well. Liking these Warrior RID figs.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1646834)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 4th, 2015 @ 11:07pm CST
william-james88 wrote:The Official Transformers You Tube channel has posted a TV commercial for the Transformers: Robots In Disguise toyline. This commercial does not have the dialogue inserted, and only includes the sound effects.

I wanna watch THAT live action movie! It looks FUN!

And CHARMING!
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1646838)
Posted by Cobotron on February 4th, 2015 @ 11:14pm CST
Thanks Chuck! You just got me real excited about that toy.
And I'm happy with Strongarm. If I'm that easy to please, Drift will... :BOOM:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1646840)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 4th, 2015 @ 11:21pm CST
Hmm, the toy looks pretty cool, actually. I'm probably only going to be getting him and Strongarm for the Autobots. Unless Sideswipe has a cool toy.

AoE Drift will always be the best Drift for me though.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1646855)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 5th, 2015 @ 12:07am CST
Cobotron wrote:Thanks Chuck! You just got me real excited about that toy.
And I'm happy with Strongarm. If I'm that easy to please, Drift will... :BOOM:

Oh yeah it's all that and a bag of chips. Just keep in mind that there are gaps in vehicle mode, that can't be helped. I mention it in the review but I've been thinking about it a lot; what if they combine steps, and skip mentioning weapons storage because the instructions HAVE to fit in that space?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1646859)
Posted by Cobotron on February 5th, 2015 @ 12:14am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Oh yeah it's all that and a bag of chips. Just keep in mind that there are gaps in vehicle mode, that can't be helped.
I can live with gaps. I have a good imagination, and I like to use it.

chuckdawg1999 wrote: I mention it in the review but I've been thinking about it a lot; what if they combine steps, and skip mentioning weapons storage because the instructions HAVE to fit in that space?
By space do you mean the piece of paper they are printed on? The state of instructions lately, has me really bamboozled. :-?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1646890)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 5th, 2015 @ 2:05am CST
Cobotron wrote:
I can live with gaps. I have a good imagination, and I like to use it.

Yes, only for the Warrior Class figures they're printed on the card in a relatively small rectangular space. The majority of the card is trilingual details and warnings about the mobile game.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1647160)
Posted by TimothyR on February 5th, 2015 @ 6:17pm CST
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1647211)
Posted by william-james88 on February 5th, 2015 @ 8:35pm CST
TimothyR wrote:i wish the cheapness of these figures was reflected in their price.. but it's not. that sucks.

Agreed. Even worse, my TRU in canada sells the warrior class for 20$ now while they still sell the generations deluxes for 18$.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1647285)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 6th, 2015 @ 1:08am CST
william-james88 wrote:

I have to agree with internet personality and Youtube God Vangelus when he said that these figures are not worth $20. I paid more than that to get them early for reviews but even then it's a 50/50 chance I'll make the money back, down the line.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1647317)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 6th, 2015 @ 5:20am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I wont wait for Warrior Optimus for sure. However, I wont miss the rest.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1648244)
Posted by Va'al on February 8th, 2015 @ 5:52am CST
We've seen a couple of iterations of the new Robots in Disguise Grimlock already, and very little of newcomer Sideswipe - but why not venture in the still very little realm of Legion class figures for this weekend? Check out below a review of the second wave of the line's figures, courtesy of Seibertron.com member chuckdawg1999.

After the Wave 1 RID Legion figures left me a touch flat, I was hoping that Grimlock and Sideswipe would really wow me. While the paint details and overall design is top notch. They just didn't grab me. Sideswipe is your standard car design but the paint is the same metallic red that was found on Legends Windcharger. Grimlock has an inventive transformation that takes it cues from the Warrior figure, but comes off very stiff. Overall I recommend going for the Wave 2 Warriors before these Legion figures.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1648642)
Posted by william-james88 on February 9th, 2015 @ 10:04am CST
The Hasbro Brazil website has listed some new Titan Hero figures. These two new figures are electronic versions of the previously announced Titan Hero Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. These appear to use the exact same mold as those two non-electronic Titan Hero figures. The only visual difference are a series of holes along the figure for the sounds to be heard as well as a mele weapon included with the toy.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1648670)
Posted by Rated X on February 9th, 2015 @ 11:15am CST
Are the eloctronics removable so it can double as a shampoo bottle for bubble baths ?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Toy Commercial (1648675)
Posted by Shockwave7 on February 9th, 2015 @ 11:39am CST
Pass. Hasbro must be getting semi-decent sales from these things otherwise they wouldn't keep making them. Not for me, thanks. If I buy a glorified shampoo bottle, I actually want shampoo in it.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 & 2015 RID McDonald's Happy Meal Grimlock Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Of Cybertron Megatron 2005 Dexepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron Transformers Cybertron Decepticon Leader Class Armada RID Prime MINTY!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (RID) Mini-Con Lancelon 2016 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG10 Arcee Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Angry Birds Gray Silver Rare Energon Lockdown Pig Telepods Works" on EBAY