Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire

Friday, November 30th, 2018 9:45AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,632

There is an absolutely gorgeous display of Studio Series figures at Tokyo Comic-Con 2018 right now. They arranged the figures per film so there are six seperate displays (with some extras to fill out the TLK display). The main attraction here is the full reveal of leader Dark of the Moon Mgatron. This is the full finished figure, so this gives us a perfect idea of how he will look like when he comes out next year in the second quarter. He does still have those boxy lower legs, as expected, but he looks rather magnificent (aside from the tarp's fabric pattern), and Igor is there too. We also get a great look at Jetfire and his monstrously sized face. The images come from Twitter user @QVx9l3YcRlSEntk.

Credit(s): 龍司 @QVx9l3YcRlSEntk
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996197)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 30th, 2018 @ 9:47am CST
william-james88 wrote:There is an absolutely gorgeous display of Studio Series figures at Tokyo Comic-Con 2018 right now.

Ah yeah there's all them lovely photos. I figured someone might have them. :) Definitely wanting revised Prime, DotM Megatron and new slender far more accurate Jetfire. :)
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996198)
Posted by Randomhero on November 30th, 2018 @ 9:54am CST
reluctantyouth wrote:Nice to see these are hitting. My local brick and mortars are overstocked with old stuff. No room for Siege. Hasbro sucks...distribution sucks...it's an all out suck fest as usual. I did find Siege legions on an end cap, but they were put there out of necessity and bunched with other non Transformer garbage. I'm not interested in the legions this go round. I just want that Voyager prime.

Oh my god how many times do I have to explain retails to people?! Stores order their own stuff! Wave one is directly forced into stores and after that the stores order future waves themselves. It’s not hasbro a fault if retailers are sitting on a ton of old stuff it’s the store itself. Hasbros drive like everyone else is to make money. It’s not their fault if your store is sitting on old waves because they don’t control that.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996199)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 30th, 2018 @ 9:56am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:So much for scale accuracy attempts. :lol:

Did you buy them at same time or do you just always carry Blackout about with you? And what should the scale be here? Should there be a bigger difference size-wise?

Plus I figured that scale was only relevant to robot scale and not vehicle mode.

Those are fantastic displays and the costructicons are looking very fine.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996202)
Posted by ScottyP on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:00am CST
Randomhero wrote:

Yeah I go an extra five miles or so to the store I saw Dropkick/KSI Sentry at because they actually tend to move product, therefore they're more likely to have newer stuff. Thinking of other recent stuff, this same Target is one of only a few where I ever saw the last wave of RiD Crash Combiners.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996208)
Posted by reluctantyouth on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:09am CST
william-james88 wrote:

why not just wait for toys to show up on amazon. With these studio series toys, for isntance, Amazon got them before brick and mortar. Retail is changing, so why not change with it?

I agree with you and have done just that, but the hunt is part of the fun. Take the hunt away and collecting loses some magic.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996211)
Posted by carytheone on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:12am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:So much for scale accuracy attempts. :lol:
Ha "Whirl" ;) looks tiny there :lol:

New for 2019, napkin accessories ;)^
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996217)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:30am CST
reluctantyouth wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I won't speak for everyone else, but I ALSO like to support employment in my community. I get that the money doesn't stay here, but at least the people that live here will have jobs as long as people continue to support retail. Futile though it may be.

Anyways, those legs on Megatron really bum me out. The alt mode looks awesome, though.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996218)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:30am CST
carytheone wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:So much for scale accuracy attempts. :lol:
Ha "Whirl" ;) looks tiny there :lol:

Is that not roughly correct?
Blackout is a MH-53 Pave Low at 28 meters long and 7.6 meters high.
Dropkick is a Bell AH-1 SuperCobra at 17.7 meters long and 4.19 meters high.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996221)
Posted by Randomhero on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:37am CST
ScottyP wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I live in Des Moines which has 7 targets and 7 or 8 Walmart’s(it’s part of my job to know these things nexuses I’m a vendor) and I know exactly which ones move faster and which ones don’t. Mileage will vary per store. There’s two by residence that get the new waves relatively quick so I’ve been scoping them out very few days and both were the ones I saw KSI and Dropkick.

For some people online retail might be the best but I personally enjoy going out and finding them. The reasons online retailers have and get stuff faster than some actual stores is because they’re run by nerds or they just know what sell. Transformers are a 4 foot block in a store that’s over 15-20,000 square feet. To them it’s one of over 5,000 products they carry
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996225)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:48am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Jetpower Optimus looks good. Hell of a big gun. :O

What big gun? Last photos I saw only showed him having a big axe and he was still lacking the big gun from the movie. Did I miss something?

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:So much for scale accuracy attempts. :lol:

Well, the MH-53 is 88' and the SuperCobra is 53'.
Of course, that's still way too huge compared to a muscle car but the Bumblebee movie's director seems to be something of a Geewunner without regard for the movieverse's established size rules (it's even worse of a size cheat than Evasion-mode Optimus).
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996228)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:53am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Jetpower Optimus looks good. Hell of a big gun. :O

Top left you can see him holding a huge weapon of Jetfire parts with his right arm.

Also they have the first SS Prime on the right and you can see how much brighter the new one combined to Jetfire on the left is. Forearms on the new one are worrying me a bit. Hoping just mistransformed or something. They look fine in the promo pics.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996233)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 30th, 2018 @ 11:09am CST
Thanks. It's still no more accurate than the ROTF Leaders' combo, it seems to be a case of trading off some inaccuracies for others. And Jetfire still suffers a bit for it but it seems like possibly less. It is good to have confirmation that they included the BFG - that was rather conspicuous by its absence in earlier photos.

As for the forearms, that looks to be a case of the panels being reconfigured halfway to vehicle mode to aid in the combination.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996239)
Posted by Agent 53 on November 30th, 2018 @ 11:17am CST
Randomhero wrote:

Yeah, also there are places where you can get the latest Seige and Studio Series figures, Hasbro Toy Shop, Amazon, Ebay, etc.
Also I work at a Toy Shop and it's not the individual stores that make the orders, we get boxes of stuff sent from the big warehouses, some boxes have collections of random toys for different parts of the shop, so if you're upset with the content of your shops, complain to the head office, don't take it out on us employees.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996242)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on November 30th, 2018 @ 11:27am CST
Well, those Constructicons look...stupid.

So is Studio Series just going to be the Catch-all for all movie toys now? I’m fine with that, but boy howdy did the quality take a bit of a dive there.

Maybe it’s just my expectations being too high; after years of dreaming for an actually decent Bonecrusher figure, it probably would never have held up anyway.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996246)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 30th, 2018 @ 11:54am CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Well, those Constructicons look...stupid.

Well, at this point it does seem to have wound up with as much Bumblebee Movie content as the actual Bumblebee Movie line, if not more. Hasbro might wanna consider repackaging.

The Constructicons look stupid because the Studio Series designers A. seem to have a complexity aversion and B. Insisted on (or were shackled with the mandate of) making ROTF 'Structies that both had independent robot modes and combine to form Devastator.

Is this Bonecrusher at least better than the Movie 1 Deluxe? Or about the same?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996249)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 30th, 2018 @ 12:05pm CST
I think bonecrusher is better.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996250)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 30th, 2018 @ 12:08pm CST
I think the Constructicons look good. If I don't get them it's mainly due to the cost of having to buy the whole team. They look a lot more fun to me than their G1 counterparts ever did (was never fond of those toys).

Bonecrusher looks good to me too. His 2007 Deluxe figure was fine and a fun toy but just too small. This one looks a lot better for scale. And since he's not part of Devastator I can just buy him on his own to fight Prime. Finally. :D

Anyways that me my final say til new photos and stuff appear. Have a good weekend, folks. :D
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996251)
Posted by Randomhero on November 30th, 2018 @ 12:10pm CST
Agent 53 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Places like Walmart’s and targets do control their stock though. I’ve been in retail for 17 years since I was a kid and have dealt with Walmart’s and targets as a vendor for 10 years and have full blown witnessed the managers tell the employees “do not order anymore Toys until we get through the 6 pallets of nerf guns” I’ve seen and heard them refuse to order stuff because they sit on so much nerf, marvel and Star Wars toys. One of my friends at a target and I used to complain to him about never having transformers and he’s told me “we’re not ordering anything till we get rid of all the Star Wars stuff”

Anytime you see someone with a scanner gun st a Walmart, Target or even grocery store they doing their inventory and making the orders. I know because I made friend with those people so they’d let me know when they’d order the new waves.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996280)
Posted by carytheone on November 30th, 2018 @ 2:14pm CST
This may bee old news, but I found a way to tighten up Bumbleveedub.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Display at 2018 Tokyo Comic-Con including DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire (1996288)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 30th, 2018 @ 2:39pm CST
So far, not much SS figures interested me. But I'll ready my wallet for ALL the Constructicons and WW2 Bee.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Hun-Gurrr - Blot - Cutthroat - Sinnertwin Vintage Figs Abominus G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SDCC POTP Throne of the Primes Optimus Primal Bumblebee Bag MIB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Reissue Walmart Minibot Set Outback Bumblebee Swerve Tailgate" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 1 Step High Octane Bumblebee Age of Extinction AOE Rare New NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Age of Extinction, Deluxe Dinobot Slash NISP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction AOE One-Step - Bumblebee High Octane *MOSC*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  The Movie Iron Hide" on EBAY