Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released

Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released

Thursday, April 19th, 2007 11:45am CDT

Categories: Digital Media News, Collectables
Posted by: Raymond T.   Views: 22,216

According to Mania Music, The soundtrack to the original Transformers Movie of 1986 is to be rereleased on May 29th. Their article states that Volcano/Legacy Records will add to this 20th Anniversary Edition three additional score cues and also the Alternate Transformers Theme, which were not included on previous (official) releases of the soundtrack. The four bonus tracks were provided by Vince DiCola himself.

Credit(s): Mania Music, ZoneDaiatlas

This article was last modified on Thursday, April 19th, 2007 11:47am CDT

Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90759)
Posted by Puck on April 19th, 2007 @ 11:57am CDT
Wasn't this just mentioned?
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90760)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on April 19th, 2007 @ 11:57am CDT
old news =)
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90765)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 19th, 2007 @ 12:01pm CDT
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90769)
Posted by Bouncy X on April 19th, 2007 @ 12:04pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Will it be released in record stores like evrey other cd or will it be a special order cd? I had a bitch of a time finding the original movie cd. Had to use ebay.

amazon (both .com and .ca) sell it, thats where i got mine so i'm sure even if this anniversary version isnt in regular music stores, they'll probably have it
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90772)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 19th, 2007 @ 12:08pm CDT
That's cool, I have to get this. I remember giving up and just torrenting the Soundtrack and Score of The Movie a few years ago.

Hey, wasn't this story posted 3 News Stories ago?
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90773)
Posted by Brakethrough on April 19th, 2007 @ 12:08pm CDT
I hope there's going to be a release which includes the full score as well. I'd like to have one more official than my splice job from the internet.
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90799)
Posted by Archanubis on April 19th, 2007 @ 12:26pm CDT
I'll probably be skipping this, since I have the old soundtrack (on CD no less) and the Botcon Album with the score.
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90830)
Posted by City Commander on April 19th, 2007 @ 12:47pm CDT
Goodo.
I love listening to the few Kick Axe songs that I've gleaned off of the web. Their albums are a bugger to find in stores.

I think I have to the two movie tracks they did, and two from their first album- Vices.
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90856)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on April 19th, 2007 @ 12:59pm CDT
Hells- Yeah!!!
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90867)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on April 19th, 2007 @ 1:07pm CDT
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90877)
Posted by Prowl76 on April 19th, 2007 @ 1:14pm CDT
I'll pick this up.
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90881)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 19th, 2007 @ 1:15pm CDT
Puck wrote:Wasn't this just mentioned?

It was, but I deleted mine, as Raymond's was more detailed.

So it's now THE story about it. :P
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90891)
Posted by Starscream on April 19th, 2007 @ 1:25pm CDT
I hope they put it on vinyl!!!!!!!!!
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (90965)
Posted by Dagon on April 19th, 2007 @ 2:41pm CDT
Dudes, I love this soundtrack!
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (91002)
Posted by Unicron's_head on April 19th, 2007 @ 3:04pm CDT
I have the other cd but i'll be geting this when it comes out anyway. I hope Unicron's theme is included
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (91045)
Posted by Collector Maximus on April 19th, 2007 @ 3:41pm CDT
Cool, I'll buy it just for the extra tracks.
And this is the first I've heard of this.
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (91084)
Posted by Crystal Rodimus on April 19th, 2007 @ 4:02pm CDT
Will it be remastered, or is it just sort of reactivated?
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (91260)
Posted by Prowl20 on April 19th, 2007 @ 7:10pm CDT
Crap, I already own the soundtrack. This always happens to me with music. Fuck it, Im not re-buying it, no matter what extras come with it. :sad:
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (91301)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on April 19th, 2007 @ 7:56pm CDT
FYI has had it in constant stock near me for like 10 years. I didn't know it was ever discontinued seeing it also in department stores as well.
Re: Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack To Be Re-Released (91311)
Posted by Vile MK III on April 19th, 2007 @ 8:08pm CDT
I hope it has a new cover.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 80 84 Devastator Constructicon Scrapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY