Tuesday, June 21st, 2016 11:53am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 23,826

After reports that the San Diego Comic con Fortress Maximus shall be receiving a Master Sword, we bring to you another round of Master Sword news, this time in the form of a limited Hong Kong Toys R Us release. The Hong Kong Toys R Us is offering a Master Sword, limited to 100 pieces, to those who purchase Fortress Maximus online. Fortress is selling for HK $ 1,299.90. The translated as well as original description has been mirrored below for you to check out, as well as pictures of Fortress Maximus with the sword and the sword by itself. Check them all out below and let us know what you think in the comments section, and as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers News and Galleries.

產品資料
預訂日期: 即日至 2016 年 6 月 26 日 (售完即止)
發貨/取貨日期: 2016 年 7 月 1 日至 8 日

此預售產品適用於免費送貨/分店自行取貨!*

立即網上預訂即可免費獲得皇者之劍一件, 限量 100 件。

請留意: 由於皇者之劍是特別製造,因此貨期未能趕及7月1日發送。本公司現在提供二次送貨服務。

福特巨人將於7月1日開始發貨。而皇者之劍將於8月中發貨。如到貨,我們將以電郵通知閣下。

由於禮品數量非常有限,如外盒於運送過程中損毀,本公司將不能替顧客更換,敬請體諒。

* 由於贈品貨期延遲,如閣下選擇分店取貨,閣下即須要分別提取商品及贈品。如選擇送貨服務,贈品將於稍後發貨。

Book Online Now you can get a free royal sword, Limited 100.

Please note: Due to the royal sword was specially made, so the delivery time not meet the July 1 sent. The company now offers a secondary delivery service.

Ford Giants will begin shipping in July 1. The royal sword will be shipped in mid-August. Such as the arrival, we will e-mail notice to you.

Due to very limited number of gifts, such as carton in transit damage, the company will not replace for customers, please understand.

* The Gift Delivery delay, if you elect to pick up branches, ie you need to extract respectively goods and gifts. If you choose delivery services, Premiums will be shipped later.

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong

Credit(s): Toys R Us HK, Snakas.Blog95

Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799298)
Posted by SeventhSage on June 21st, 2016 @ 12:21pm CDT
Not fair China gets all the good stuff!
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799301)
Posted by william-james88 on June 21st, 2016 @ 12:25pm CDT
SeventhSage wrote:Not fair China gets all the good stuff!

You will probably be able to buy it on e-bay just like the AOE Optimus sword and shield and the CW stickers of last year.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799319)
Posted by Emerje on June 21st, 2016 @ 1:24pm CDT
It's the same Master Sword that comes with the SDCC figure, but painted properly so it's most likely identical to the Takara Tomy version.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799603)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 22nd, 2016 @ 12:12pm CDT

Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799606)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2016 @ 12:19pm CDT
Prowl4 wrote:Are exclusives like this easy to find on the secondary market online?
Depends on their desirability.

The more desirable ones are harder to come by, while the opposite seems to be such for the less desirable ones.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799609)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 22nd, 2016 @ 12:25pm CDT
Would like a sword ideally an official one to go with fortress maximus.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799612)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 22nd, 2016 @ 12:50pm CDT

If you're going to entertain the SDCC version, you might just want to invest in the Takara Tomy release instead. It will have (almost certainly) the same sculpt for Cerebros' head (yes, the SDCC release is using "The Headmasters" version of Cerebros, a.k.a. "Fortress"), a Master Sword that will likely look just like this promotional offering seen above, and a much more G1 accurate (toy and either show) paint job. It'll probably cost you about what it would to get the SDCC version, especially if you have to get it on the secondary market. If you REALLY want the mouth plate version of Cerebros from "The Rebirth," though, you should just get the Hasbro retail version and cross your figures that you can find the Master Sword premium online for not too much money. Or, buy the Takara Tomy release and see if someone wants to trade Cerebroses with you (or at least the "Emissary" heads).
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799614)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 22nd, 2016 @ 12:56pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking. I was going to get the takara one but the head speaks Japanese and I wouldn't want that. Ideally like you said a swap of the entire takara head for Hasbro retail would be ideal but I can't see anybody willing to do that tbh.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799616)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 22nd, 2016 @ 1:03pm CDT
Prowl4 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:I want the retail version because it's got the toon accurate cerebros and emissary head but lack of the sword makes me want the sdcc version. Hard to decide. Are exclusives like this easy to find on the secondary market online?
I agree with Wolf, but I think you'd be surpirsed about who might want to trade max's head with you. All it takes is someone who wants the sdcc or hasbro version, but also wants it to speak japanese; I think that you have enough time until any of these come out to arrange something with someone; otherwise, you could maybe try and get the sword that was announced for Hong Kong on ebay - I know they'll make their way there, otherwise, the perfect effect one would probably be a nice standard option for you (god knows it'll look nicer than the sdcc piece of sh|t sword)
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799619)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 22nd, 2016 @ 1:08pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

The sdcc sword is pretty bland isn't it? I'll have a look around and see if anyone is willing to swap heads but I'm afraid of being landed with a Japanese head that I don't want. If the sdcc emissary head was the same as the retail I would have easily selected that.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799621)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 22nd, 2016 @ 1:22pm CDT
Prowl4 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
It is completely bland, minimal effort + sdcc exclusive shouldn't really go together, obviously hasbro disagree's.

You could put it in your signature, and post something in the 'buy, sell, or trade' thread, get your options out there early
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799638)
Posted by RAR on June 22nd, 2016 @ 2:05pm CDT

Doesn't the Japanese one have odd ball Grey hands though ?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799644)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 22nd, 2016 @ 2:56pm CDT
RAR wrote:It seems probable that the heads are made in such a way with the idea to use them as campaign and premiums in minds - so I wouldn't rule out a Japanese single packed Fortress head on it's own even if it is say clear tinted or something like that.

Doesn't the Japanese one have odd ball Grey hands though ?

Nope. The Takara Tomy version has the correct blue hands. The Hasbro versions do too. Early samples of the prototype Hasbro version, however, did have gray hands for some reason. This has been corrected as of at least BotCon earlier this year.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799650)
Posted by .... on June 22nd, 2016 @ 3:21pm CDT
Ready for more long fingernails?

Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799652)
Posted by william-james88 on June 22nd, 2016 @ 3:24pm CDT

I say save yourself the headache and just order the takara one. It has all the stuff you want and you can rest easy knowing you bought it at its actual price and not a price determined by the demand and supply on a given day on e-bay.

What I am doing though is buying the Hasbro one discounted (if that happens, which it will) and keep a lookout on e-bay for the sword accessory which is being made individually in Hong Kong, as the latest news said. People will probably be selling those swords online, like they did with the stickers which were also hong kong exclusive, and that could be cheaper than any other alternative.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799678)
Posted by Emerje on June 22nd, 2016 @ 4:56pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:People will probably be selling those swords online, like they did with the stickers which were also hong kong exclusive, and that could be cheaper than any other alternative.

Those stickers were pretty abundant weren't they? I remember some retailers were selling them as well. That Master Sword is limited to only 100 as a Toys R Us exclusive, I have my doubts about it being that easily obtained. I believe they're just a small quantity that Hasbro secured from Takara Tomy for promotional use and not something they intend to have a large supply of, otherwise they'd have used the SDCC Master Sword from the start.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799682)
Posted by william-james88 on June 22nd, 2016 @ 5:20pm CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

And while the 100 are limited in stores, they (factories and middlemen) could always overproduce them and sell them online as they have done with other accessories.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799690)
Posted by Emerje on June 22nd, 2016 @ 5:43pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:But arent we talking about 2 different Hasbros here, one Hasbro corp (behind SDCC) and Hasbro Asia (behind the Asia distribution). I might be wrong of course, but I think the Taiwan release of Deluxe Groove was handled by Hasbro Asia, which is the direct seller to Robt Kingdom which had those Grooves up first.

Yes, but even our Hasbro got some of those Grooves into online stores over here with more later in the year. And those Grooves were in standard packaging for international retail. The swords are an entirely different story. This is not just a store exclusive, but also requires a very specific figure be bought to get them. Most of the incentives we see require a certain amount be spent so it makes sense that extras would be floating around out there, but this is much too specific to make it seem like Takara Tomy would give them more than they need to run the promotion.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799754)
Posted by DigitalBrave3 on June 22nd, 2016 @ 10:43pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Ready for more long fingernails?

That video was already newsed weeks ago. I should know, because I'm the one who brought it to everybody's attention. (Sorry if I come off sounding a bit full of myself, I don't mean for it to come off that way.)
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Master Sword Limited Release in Hong Kong (1799755)
Posted by .... on June 22nd, 2016 @ 10:49pm CDT
DigitalBrave3 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:Ready for more long fingernails?

Lol I knew it probably was already newsed. I just was watching it, and saw he had a huge fingernail. It reminded me of those guys on that Chinese review of Combiner Wars Devastator. Remember that?

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Autobot Sovereign Alpha Trion 7" Action Figure  Nib" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Darkmoon & Astrotrain Titans Return Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations - Titans Return Hyperfire & Blurr (loose)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Blurr SEALED G1 LG-25 Takara Titans Return Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY