Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order

Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order

Sunday, July 9th, 2017 7:17pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 28,360

Transformers News: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order

Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895393)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 9th, 2017 @ 7:21pm CDT
I'm looking forward for clear HD pictures of that 2007 Leader Optimus.
Even though the toy is flawed and not movie accurate at all, it's a great toy by itself and well worth owning.

Honestly, any collector who don't own the mold already should consider this release. Merely for the added pizazz of a special edition.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895402)
Posted by No One on July 9th, 2017 @ 7:35pm CDT
I wish it had the sword instead.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895438)
Posted by butcher31 on July 9th, 2017 @ 9:50pm CDT
I'm glad this figure's getting a bit more love. It's not really movie-accurate, but it's still great. This is the one that got me back in the game after mistakenly thinking that I was too old for such things. I have definitely changed my tone now.

The robot's pretty cool but the truck is just so solid and heavy. It's awesome.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895519)
Posted by optimusprime58316 on July 10th, 2017 @ 10:07am CDT
It should have been sold this way in the first place. Do i dare say double dipping or triple dipping? These transformers should have been sold in their premium versions right out the gecko and Optimus Prime should always be sold with a trailer. Its crazy that the trailer is being sold separately on certain versions and by third party vendors. I stopped buying transformers years ago being we are getting the shaft nowadays and the high expense is phenomenal.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895552)
Posted by whip_it on July 10th, 2017 @ 12:19pm CDT
Kurona wrote:The pre-order listings tonight just keep on coming, as online retailer Robot Kingdom has one up for the Movie 1 Optimus Prime re-issue from the Transformers: Tribute line. A redeco of the Leader-class toy from the toyline of the very first 2007 live-action movie, this figure is set for release on July 13th as a celebration of 10 years of Live-action Transformers movies. Click on the image below to pre-order this figure for $89.90 if you wish and tell us what you think in the forums!

so nasty, i feel sorry for anyone who spends even a dollar towards this
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895617)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on July 10th, 2017 @ 3:08pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronian MaverickPrime has alerted us to a review of the Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime & Orion Pax Evolution pack! The set features the deluxe War for Cybertron Optimus Prime with a new deco, and a unique version of Orion Pax: A retool of Titans Return Kup! Chefatron's review itself has comparisons between Optimus Prime to the original version of the mold, and Orion Pax with Animated Cybertron Mode Optimus Prime and Thrilling 30 Orion Pax.

Check out the video embedded below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895630)
Posted by Seibertron on July 10th, 2017 @ 3:50pm CDT
carytheone wrote:That just screams Target exclusive ;)

I kinda want that Orion repaint but I don't need a second Linebacker Prime. Is the WfC OP deco any different?

Do we know where this set can be found?
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895633)
Posted by william-james88 on July 10th, 2017 @ 3:53pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
carytheone wrote:That just screams Target exclusive ;)

Do we know where this set can be found?

Yup, TF Scoure has it for $60

https://tfsource.com/transformers-tribu ... orion-pax/
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895637)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 10th, 2017 @ 4:01pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895682)
Posted by LordBludgeon on July 10th, 2017 @ 5:36pm CDT
Is this set going to be sold in stores? Or just online retailers?
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895690)
Posted by Deadput on July 10th, 2017 @ 6:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Yup, TF Scoure has it for $60

https://tfsource.com/transformers-tribu ... orion-pax/

Is this a good store to get it from for a Canadian like myself?
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895696)
Posted by ExciKaiser on July 10th, 2017 @ 6:56pm CDT
whip_it wrote:so nasty, i feel sorry for anyone who spends even a dollar towards this

I don't really agree.

Ok, it's absolutely not screen accurate. At all.

But it's his only issue. As a toy, it's a good toy, from the ratchet joints era, which doesn't feel hollow at all etc.

It's not like it's the first time we get a good toy not screen accurate.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895707)
Posted by Overcracker on July 10th, 2017 @ 7:49pm CDT
whip_it wrote:

so nasty, i feel sorry for anyone who spends even a dollar towards this

Why?

He's not 100% screen accurate sure but he's a decent toy for what he was back in 2007.

Maybe not $89.90 decent but still well worth a regular purchase. $40 to $50 bucks worth easily.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895708)
Posted by Cobotron on July 10th, 2017 @ 7:52pm CDT
It may not seem great to the die hard movie fans, but if you are a fan of how well designed toys are made, it's a magnificent toy.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895711)
Posted by william-james88 on July 10th, 2017 @ 7:57pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Yup, TF Scoure has it for $60

https://tfsource.com/transformers-tribu ... orion-pax/

Is this a good store to get it from for a Canadian like myself?
nope probably one of the worst for Canadians.
You have to deal with the exchange and duty fees and the very expensive shipping so far were you I would wait to see if some Asian eBay stores have this instead. That was the best way to get some of the platinum sets.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895729)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 10th, 2017 @ 8:52pm CDT
Hm, nope that Orion is pretty ugly.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895746)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 10th, 2017 @ 9:50pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:That Leader Prime is the only Movie Prime I own (well, OK, I have EMOP, but...) and while I'm not a movie fan, I adore that toy. It is a cool symbol of the switch in design from the Cybertron line to the first movie toys. It's design carry's over so many things that make the Cybertron toys great toys.

I agree completely. Also, RUBBER TIRES!
I own the Premium version so I've no need for that one. Still, anyone who is not rigid in their TF collecting habits and want some oddballs here and there, that leader OP is a solid purchase.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895747)
Posted by Terrsolpix on July 10th, 2017 @ 9:52pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I agree completely. Also, RUBBER TIRES!

I've got an entire shelf of oddballs, might as well add another :-P well, that's assuming it isn't more than a kidney and 3 fingers.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895749)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 10th, 2017 @ 9:58pm CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I agree completely. Also, RUBBER TIRES!

Still, THAT particular edition is a clear luxury. The original can be found for cheap and even the shinier Premium version is reasonably priced.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Movie Optimus Prime Pre-order (1895795)
Posted by MaverickPrime on July 11th, 2017 @ 12:54am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:MaverickPrime, think you can give us the product code for this? It should be where the bar code is on the box.

Sorry mate, I just alerted the news crew, the one who has it is Chefatron :(

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Bluestreak! War for Cybertron Walmart Exclusive Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber & KFC Simba Signature Edition LE 499" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-  Combiner Wars- Aerialbots (Superion)- Air Raid Skydive Firefly" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Victory G1 Takara 1989 Complete C-324 STAR SABER Headmasters Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Offroad SEALED CW G1 Generations Menasor Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY