Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released!

Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released!

Tuesday, January 12th, 2010 1:10pm CST

Categories: Game News, Digital Media News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 58,339

Seibertron.com members Galvatron Supreme, Wyatt and Prime Evil have all notified us of the release of the highly anticipated trailer for Activision's newest addition to the Transformers Universe: War for Cybertron!

IGN has the scoop on the full trailer that's narrated by Peter Cullen and shows us even more Bots and Con's and a BIG surprise!

Check out the original posting here.

Credit(s): Galvatron Supreme, Wyatt, Prime Evil

Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036226)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 12th, 2010 @ 1:35pm CST
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! This is soooooo awesome! I can't wait!
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036230)
Posted by --B-- on January 12th, 2010 @ 1:45pm CST
Was I the only person that couldn't even hear Peter Cullen? I barely heard any words at all.
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036232)
Posted by bengear on January 12th, 2010 @ 1:51pm CST
Was that Trypticon? cooooool.
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036233)
Posted by Trikeboy on January 12th, 2010 @ 1:51pm CST
So we see Optimus Prime, Ratchet, Bumblebee, Omega Supreme, Megatron, Skywarp, Soundwave and Trypticon. All instantly recognisable despite having new bodies. I knew they were going to do Trypticon. Alot of people were saying the big character was Devestator but I am so glad it's Trypticon. If this game sucks we should lynch the people who made this amazing trailer.

Peter Cullen is Prime now and always. He totally sells the game.
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036234)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 12th, 2010 @ 1:56pm CST
Awesome truly awesome, i cant wait for this game. It only took what 20 years for them to finally give us the war on cybertron thats not in paper form. I just hope thats not Megatrons voice.I hope its just a filler voice and not the final voice actor. Or not Megatrons at all. They've done a good job so far dont fail us here.
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036235)
Posted by Trikeboy on January 12th, 2010 @ 1:59pm CST
Just noticed that Ratchet has a red helmet and white fin. I also think it is Starscream and not Skywarp. My mistake.
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036239)
Posted by Convotron on January 12th, 2010 @ 2:04pm CST
Great trailer for a Transformers CG cartoon but this is a trailer for a video game. Good to hear Peter Cullen reprise his role as OP but I'm interested in gameplay.
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036241)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 12th, 2010 @ 2:08pm CST
FUC/ING EPIC!!!!!!! I WANT THIS GAME NOW!!!!!!! :BOOM: =P~ =P~
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036243)
Posted by Cyhwuhx on January 12th, 2010 @ 2:17pm CST
Great CG vid there, but Meg's voice is downright hideous (why not get Kaye?). I guess they are trying to emulate his Bay-voice, but dear lord, that doesn't fit at all.

The rest is AOK, though I'm really surprised at Cullen's involvement. If anything his movie-performance made it clear that he is a bit too old for it...
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036246)
Posted by DecepticonRedAlert on January 12th, 2010 @ 2:22pm CST
This looks amazing! Can't wait for the game and the toy line!
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036247)
Posted by Rick on January 12th, 2010 @ 2:29pm CST
I hope they use Frank Welker for Megatron. There are so many original voices still available. Gregg Berger if not for Grimlock for Skyfire!
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036250)
Posted by decepticonblitz77 on January 12th, 2010 @ 2:35pm CST
Trypticon owns so hard :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036251)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on January 12th, 2010 @ 2:39pm CST
Wow, that trailer was just amazing. I love that Trypticon and (Metroplex?) are in it. At first I thought Trypticon was devastator since this seems to be fusing G1 and movie designs....yeah I know, weird.

Anyways, this is just awesome! I can't wait to get this game.
Also, it's funny how this seems to fit almost exactly in where movie 1 said there was a war that made them come to earth....
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036253)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on January 12th, 2010 @ 2:40pm CST
When Trypticon came out of the sky, that was just epic. I can not wait for this game, and only hope it lives up to these CG trailers.

I'm skeptical about the actually being Cullen. Maybe just someone who does the Prime voice well. It sounded younger. Cullens Prime sounds old, mostly because Cullen is old. I have no problem with Megatron's voice. Any Megatron beats Welker's Megatron. G1 Megatron's voice is ear bleeding awful.

Can't wait to see some game play. If they pull off the Gears game play well with the Transformers then I'm game.
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036257)
Posted by NassaDane on January 12th, 2010 @ 2:47pm CST

The trailer was pretty great but kinda scarry, like when Omega Supreme wiped out a whole bunch of decipitcons...my stomach sank and felt sick. A tad bit disturbing. I know its sapose to be gritty but it looks a little too violent for me. Bumblebee was sweet. I want to see more of Ratchet, he's always in the background.

Oh how i hope this does the right things and be good.
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036259)
Posted by hippymule on January 12th, 2010 @ 2:52pm CST
alright what happen to the site its all screwe o well must be getting fixed or somethin..OMG does this mean a tryticon toy????
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036262)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on January 12th, 2010 @ 3:05pm CST
NassaDane wrote:My hopes started to fall when i heard this plays simular to Gears of War...If this game is anything like Gears of War then that will be a big shame. Why ruin such a great idea? Lets just hope it is not like GoW.

Oh how i hope this does the right things and be good.

Sorry, but the developers have stated that it will play like Gears styled combat. Which is fine with me, I like Gears. I'm sure that it will be less cover based, and of course vehicles will play in the mix, so it will be interesting to see this pan out.

I hope is has a lot of robot gore like Gears. Cutting people in half will be very satisfying.
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036263)
Posted by Grimlock Magnus on January 12th, 2010 @ 3:07pm CST
This trailer proves that there is a God in heaven, and he wants us to be happy. Wasnt Metroplex the rival to Trypticon? Why is Omega being used here?
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036264)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on January 12th, 2010 @ 3:10pm CST
This is just awesome. I hope Omega Supreme is a playable character :grin:
Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Extended Trailer Released! (1036266)
Posted by PhunkJunkion on January 12th, 2010 @ 3:18pm CST
Lord Onixprime wrote:Cutting people in half will be very satisfying.

That's not a disturbing statement at all....
For me gameplay is what matters, not the violence level. But, they're robots so seeing some dismemberment doesn't really bother me much. The atmosphere and storyline seem very compelling, but it has to be palyable... I'm hoping for the best.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "2008 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE G2 MEGATRON LEGENDS CLASS LOOSE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Energon Robots in Disguise "ROADBLOCK"  NEW 2004  POWERLINX BATTLES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Ruination Topspin On Wrong Card New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Fall of Cybertron Kickback 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Energon Roadblock Collector Spec Stat Card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Custom Fall Of Cybertron Action Master Galactic Man Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Classic Muscle Transformers The Last Knight Superhero Boys Costume" on EBAY