Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July

Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July

Monday, March 1st, 2021 2:06pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Press Releases, Company News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 42,946

Thanks to our own Dominus Prime, we've learned the release for the next and final portion of the War for Cybertron cartoon is coming up this summer! According to an article on Anime News Network, during Hasbro's recent Investor Day, a press release announced that War for Cybertron: Kingdom would be debuting on streaming service Netflix this July. No specific date for the release was given, but we imagine that we'll learn the date fairly soon, and we'll be able to find out the fate of the Autobots, Decepticons, Maximals and Predacons! The article can be read by clicking on the picture below.

Transformers News: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July

Are you excited to see the conclusion of the War for Cybertron Trilogy? Let us know your thoughts and speculation about the upcoming WFC: Kingdom show below!

Credit(s): Hasbro

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096861)
Posted by o.supreme on March 1st, 2021 @ 2:14pm CST
July 30th is a Friday, that's where my guess is. But sometimes, release patterns don't follow such logic. I personally am excited to see the conclusion. Just waiting for the wave of negativity however when hardcore BW fans see their favorite characters voices by other actors.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096873)
Posted by sol magnus on March 1st, 2021 @ 4:42pm CST
July?! I had read May somewhere. Good grief.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096874)
Posted by o.supreme on March 1st, 2021 @ 4:53pm CST
sol magnus wrote:July?! I had read May somewhere. Good grief.

I read that as well on another fan site, not knowing the source they got it from actually sourced wikipedia... :roll:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096881)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 1st, 2021 @ 6:23pm CST
o.supreme wrote:
sol magnus wrote:July?! I had read May somewhere. Good grief.

Hence why we never newsed that ;)

(It's likely that whichever fan put it on wiki, likely extrapolated the date by looking at the gap between Siege and Earthrise)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096894)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on March 1st, 2021 @ 11:44pm CST
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096895)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 1st, 2021 @ 11:47pm CST
TOO MUCH ENERGON! wrote:Really hoping a new Beast Wars series gets spun out of Kingdom. I doubt it'll happen, but a man can dream.
You'd want a Beast Wars series inferior to the original? Cuz that's what we'd get out of this.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096898)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on March 2nd, 2021 @ 12:19am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

I’d want a new series that does something new with the property.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096900)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 2nd, 2021 @ 12:37am CST
TOO MUCH ENERGON! wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I’d want a new series that does something new with the property.
If the new IDW Beast Wars comic series is any indication, Hasbro apparently doesn't want Beast Wars to be changed too differently from its original premise.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096901)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on March 2nd, 2021 @ 12:55am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
TOO MUCH ENERGON! wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I’d want a new series that does something new with the property.

Which is also fine. To be clear what I meant was that I’d like to see a new series telling new Beast Wars stories. It can deviate almost entirely or be as faithful as the showrunners choose. Either way, I’d be there for it. New takes on properties I enjoy always interest me.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096915)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on March 2nd, 2021 @ 7:08am CST
o.supreme wrote:
sol magnus wrote:July?! I had read May somewhere. Good grief.

you can't really trust wikipedia

It seems weird to me that the first two parts played like 2 months apart and we have to wait six for the last part.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096916)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 2nd, 2021 @ 9:02am CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
sol magnus wrote:July?! I had read May somewhere. Good grief.

you can't really trust wikipedia

Siege came out in July. Earthrise in December. That's five months apart.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096924)
Posted by o.supreme on March 2nd, 2021 @ 10:23am CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
sol magnus wrote:July?! I had read May somewhere. Good grief.

you can't really trust wikipedia

I'm well aware. But when you read what you *think* is a legit news story online, you wouldn't think they would reference wiki, which is why I reacted the way I did.

As for new BW. I am split. I don't like the new comic. I know Sabre said it's not much different from the original series in that it is seemingly retelling the original story, just with a couple added characters, and the personalities skewed a bit, but those specific differences I'm not a fan of. I'd rather it be something closer to Gathering/Ascending, but that's probably because I am an unapologetic fan of BWII and Neo.

It's odd because I am an older fan I find myself only NOW rewatching the original Battlestar Galactica. I saw it as a kid in the late 70's/early 80's, but aside from a few random episodes on Sci-Fi still 20+ years ago I haven't rewatched it proper since I was a kid. Now when I am done with it, I will not be watching the popular Sci-Fi channel remake from the mid 200's, because I did watch a couple episodes of that when it premiered, and despite bigger budget, a pretty solid cast etc, good FX, I was not a fan of how convoluted everything was.

Unfortunately this seems to be the pattern now. There is no more straight good vs bad, everything is a muddled grey, and it loses it's sense of fun. I know this may seem ironic, as I tend to like my Transformers taken a bit more seriously, however there is a fine line. I think Transformers Prime is the perfect example of something done right. It was very serious, however it was always fun to watch (and not in a silly childish way), there was always a sense of hope, and there was no convoluted or overly complex stories.

With BW it is so difficult, because the original series is complete. If you try to retell it skewed slightly to the right or left of center, fans won't be happy. If you change it 100%, fans won't be happy either. Unlike the Original Transformers, which I know exactly what needs to happen, but Hasbro doesn't have the courage to do it. I honestly have no indication in my mind what should be done with BW moving forward in terms of Media either in print or animation.

I guess you could go forward past the events of Beast Machines, but then, that really isn't Beast wars is it...
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096927)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 2nd, 2021 @ 11:28am CST
TOO MUCH ENERGON! wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
TOO MUCH ENERGON! wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I’d want a new series that does something new with the property.

Yeah I would like more Beast Wars too, and I would love it to be animated, but not by this these clowns.
Sheesh, the Netflix shows are bad. They look pretty, but that's all they have.

I can't imagine what it must be like for Marvel UK fans, because I never had much contact with Impactor, but even I felt insulted by their take on him.

It's like they all watched God of War playthroughs on youtube and Watchmen, and think what makes that good is violence, grittiness and monologues. It's like Beast Machines, just with shitty writing and worse attempts at adapting the characters.

I finished Siege and groaned, then when Earthrise came out I decided to give that a chance in case it's better, then Megatron had Autobots strapped to a Spacebridge to suck their Energon out while trying to seduce Elita One and claiming that this isn't him killing her friends but Optimus. And then I had to turn it off and cleanse myself with Hilda.

How is it possible to write Optimus Prime so much like a dead fish? Seriously, people were giving TF Prime Optimus shit for inspiring speeches and being so dire, but holy hell this guy takes the cake.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096928)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on March 2nd, 2021 @ 11:51am CST
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmmmm that's an interesting take. I haven't seen it in years, but I always thought the muddled grey was a sort of sub-theme in the BW series, with characters like Dinobot and Blackarachnia and the episode with Transmutate. Even in the episode with Tigerhawk, Optimus Primal attempted to protect BW Megatron because he had G1 Megatrons spark.

I thought that was part of what set BW apart from the 80s cartoon and made it stand out. And in the 80s cartoon I really enjoyed when Blitzwing stood up to Galvatron and was cast out. I'm a fan of the grey, its interesting and some of the most popular characters come from it like Sixshot and Sky Byte. I also enjoy that the relationship between Optimus Prime and Megatron is starting to gravitate towards more of a professor x/ magneto dynamic, with Megatron not being just some evil conqueror. I think it's cool haha just putting that out there, not trying to diss your opinion or anything

All that being said I agree that the Netflix series is disappointing and could've been far better. I haven't checked out the comic so I don't have anything to say about it
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096929)
Posted by o.supreme on March 2nd, 2021 @ 12:06pm CST
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096930)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 2nd, 2021 @ 12:06pm CST
o.supreme wrote: I honestly have no indication in my mind what should be done with BW moving forward in terms of Media either in print or animation.

Being a huge fan of Beast Wars, to me, the answer is simple: Let it go.

Continue with anniversary figures and/or re-releases of the show. The rest, is silence.
That is what Beast Wars represents, after all. It moved on, beyond G1 and Sunbow. It recycled some names and story beats. Then it began world building on its own and forged a unique identity with The Beast Era. It can't be replicated as these are different times. So don't even try. Instead Hasbro should apply the lesson from Beast Wars success and do something new with Transformers again.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096932)
Posted by o.supreme on March 2nd, 2021 @ 12:15pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Being a huge fan of Beast Wars, to me, the answer is simple: Let it go.

I tend to agree, as I stated prior, the story is complete. It's rare that fans of something have this take however. New toys are easy to make, as we see they are coming, and they are pretty amazing overall. But there will always be that contingent of fans that wants new media to go along with it, and Hasbro is happy to oblige because while I do believe that Print and Animated media is MUCH MORE than just a way to sell toys, it certainly is a factor that Hasbro wont pass up.

Like I said prior, I know exactly what needs to be done with the Original Transformers. But something completely new is the next logical step as well I would think. Unfortunately there seems to be a few missteps with Botbot's and *comedy* Nick series, that is NOT the New we need.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096934)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 2nd, 2021 @ 12:37pm CST
The reasoning I have is that the entire concept of Beast Wars was very context specific. Anything done outside of that context is merely derivate and trading on the name. Without merit or substance. As such not worth my time.

They can continue to fleece the G1 fans all they like and mostly, the fanbase doesn't object. Personally, BW isn't like that for me. An endless honey pot of nostalgia they can hold in front of me and I'll pour money into. I don't want anything new from Beast Wars. For good or ill, Beast Wars ended in 2000 with Beast Machines. I accepted that 21 years ago.

If Hasbro just forgot Evergreen and did take the same gamble as was done in 1996, who knows where it might lead?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096937)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on March 2nd, 2021 @ 12:45pm CST
o.supreme wrote:I'm not opposed to characters switching sides. All the examples you gave were fine by me. It's just when characters who are supposed to be the moral compass such as Optimus Prime (just one example but there are many) start to make questionable decisions that are not for the best of his team or himself. That's what I'm not a fan of. It happened a lot in IDW comics, and although I enjoy the Netflix series as a whole, I do not enjoy THIS version of Optimus Prime. Primal in BW was quite different, he wasn't quite the "by-the-book" leader Prime was, but you always knew where he stood in the fight. The Primal as presented in the new IDW comic, I don't know how to describe it, he's just NOT the Primal of the animated series. I'm sure that was done purposefully, but it's not my preference.

Ohhhhhhh okay I see what you mean now. I agree about Prime, i don't like what they did with his character at all. I can see what the intention was, but those are struggles I would've expected with rodimus prime not optimus. Optimus was wise and always knew what to do and was certain in his convictions. He was the one lighting the way for the rest of the autobots and this version of prime is the one dragging them down half the time
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom Cartoon to Debut on Netflix in July (2096938)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 2nd, 2021 @ 12:49pm CST
To put it another way...

Optimus Prime is Jean-Luc Picard.

Rodimus Prime is James T. Kirk.

Optimus Primal is Benjamin Sisko.

(And that's as far as the parallels go. No other good guy TF leader matches Janeway, Archer, or any other captain's personality.)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Original G1 1985 Whirl Box Only" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Decepticon Triple Changers: Blitzwing & Astrotrain" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro G1 Reissue Platinum Edition Astrotrain Blitzwing Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Optimash Prime Mr Potato Head Hasbro NEW NIB Transformers Playskool FULL SIZE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumble Spud Mr Potato Head Hasbro NEW NIB Transformers Playskool FULL SIZE" on EBAY
Buy "???? Transformers Platinum Edition G1 reissue Triple Changer Astrotrain - Complete" on EBAY
Buy "New Playskool Transformers Optimash Prime Mr. Potato Head. For Ages 2+" on EBAY
Buy "PLAYSKOOL Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Changers Heatwave the Fire-Bot" on EBAY