Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween

Thursday, October 29th, 2015 7:33pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Site Articles, Transtopia
Posted by: carytheone   Views: 46,418

Howdy fellow Seibertronians and welcome to a very spooky episode of the Transformers weekly photo challenge.

Halloween is just around the corner and a lot of you may be gearing up the lil bots (or even the big bots for that matter) to do some Treat or Treating. So why not get the even littler bots into the spirit of things. Put on your hockey mask, jump in your mystery machine and don't forget your boom stick for this one kiddies; this week's theme is Halloween.

Send your bots out on a dark and foggy night and let's see what kind of hi-jinks they get into. Use whatever techniques you need to set the mood. Photo-shoppers, go wild!

This weeks challenge will run from 10/24/15 until the stroke of midnight on 10/31/15.

Submission post use TFPC #6 in the subject line. Non submitters, please feel free to join the conversation.

And remember to keep your browser pointed to Seibertron.com for the latest Transformer news, most extensive galleries and the most fun you can have this side of a space bridge.

Credit(s): carytheone

Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1737900)
Posted by .... on October 29th, 2015 @ 8:26pm CDT
Just a little PSA I have made:
Don't worry I won't be posting any more "irrelevant" pictures any time soon on this forum, but I want to raise awareness. :saint:

Link to image removed due to no actual documented history of such occurrences happening. -Counterpunch
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1737908)
Posted by keelo1027 on October 29th, 2015 @ 9:25pm CDT
2015-10-23 20.20.55.jpg

Today on Cooking with Grimlock, Jack SKellington stops by to show Grimlock how to tick-or-treat.
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738023)
Posted by joevill on October 30th, 2015 @ 8:58am CDT
Two Zombies Girls and One Kup
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738024)
Posted by Kyleor on October 30th, 2015 @ 9:07am CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Just a little PSA I have made:
]http://pre05.deviantart.net/39ab/th/pre/i/2015/302/c/6/candy_psa_by_craft_maker_infinity-d9et2za.png[/img]

If you insist on posting 'information' like that please include the following links with it:

Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738035)
Posted by proximus on October 30th, 2015 @ 10:21am CDT
Here is my contribution
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738055)
Posted by Cobotron on October 30th, 2015 @ 11:16am CDT
WOW! Front paging this wins the Best Idea of the Week award!

"Igor! Fetch me more body parts. OFF WITH YOU!"
"yeeeeeees boss."
I took this shot for William-James88's forthcoming Top 5 List, but since he rejected it, I'm totally putting it here. :-P
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738056)
Posted by carytheone on October 30th, 2015 @ 11:21am CDT
Cobotron wrote:WOW! Front paging this wins the Best Idea of the Week award!

I agree and that honor goes to Burn and Va'al.

Fun stuffs everyone!
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738119)
Posted by Cobotron on October 30th, 2015 @ 3:19pm CDT
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:WOW! Front paging this wins the Best Idea of the Week award!

I agree and that honor goes to Burn and Va'al.

Fun stuffs everyone!

Who are burn and Va'al? and when did they get so smart? :-?

Ya, great stuff so far everybody. So glad this is catching on.
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738152)
Posted by .... on October 30th, 2015 @ 5:42pm CDT
Updated PSA with a better message:

Now it's more of a precautionary PSA rather than one to scare people with half-truths. (And I personally thought it was true so don't call me a liar.)

Kyleor wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:Just a little PSA I have made:

Well EXCUSE ME for being lied to! :-x
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738153)
Posted by budmaloney on October 30th, 2015 @ 5:43pm CDT
A little bit of editing

Happy Halloween everybody :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738156)
Posted by keelo1027 on October 30th, 2015 @ 6:07pm CDT
Photo Oct 30, 7 04 21 PM.jpg
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738157)
Posted by Susha on October 30th, 2015 @ 6:32pm CDT
ciao, a spooky halloween to ya'll!

edit; added some more stuff.

Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738225)
Posted by Jeen0808 on October 31st, 2015 @ 4:07am CDT
What's scarier than...
Spoooky.JPG

...broken toy?! Spooooky!
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738258)
Posted by MagnusLabel on October 31st, 2015 @ 10:03am CDT
Halloween is not complete without Michael Jackson, no matter he is American or Indian!

Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738276)
Posted by carytheone on October 31st, 2015 @ 12:30pm CDT
TRICK OR TREAT!

Cobotron wrote:Hey Cary m'man, What if you chose a winner from each round, and the prize was the next weeks front page header picture? Just a thought. :D

That's a good idea, I like it.

And just a reminder. Today is the last day to get in those TFPC#6 submissions.
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738466)
Posted by carytheone on November 1st, 2015 @ 9:23am CST
Well that brings TFPC#6 to a close. I hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween. We had some really great submissions and even a PSA.

Thanks SillySpringy
I laughed, I cried I even learned to do the Thriller dance. I'm going to go recover from last night's festivities and try and decide this week's theme.

Suggestions and feedback are always welcomed. What themes would you like to see featured in upcoming challenges?

I want to thank everyone who posted :BOWDOWN:
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1738519)
Posted by Susha on November 1st, 2015 @ 2:23pm CST
well that was nice. :APPLAUSE:

next theme? how about; - 'winter is coming!' or is it too late for that? how about something related with movember and mustaches?
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1739242)
Posted by carytheone on November 4th, 2015 @ 7:24pm CST
Howdy fellow Seibertronians and welcome to this week's episode of the Transformers weekly photo challenge.

This week we will be exploring the themes and camera techniques of Film Noir. There are a few ground rules to follow this week. All submissions will need to be in black and white and use low-key lighting.

EDIT: Just to clarify; this challenge is about the themes and style of film noir movies not about recreating a specific movie. You however are welcomed to do so as long as you follow the guide lines of this challenge.

I want to step out of my comfort zone and challenge both myself and you. This is a technique that I'm not very familiar with, so I've opened a post in the Focal Point: Level Up Those Photography Skills thread and can be found by clicking here. Let's use that thread to discuss tips and technique and come back here to post the final result.

I'm a little late on getting this week's challenge post up, so this challenge will run from 11/04/15 to 11/13/15.

Submission post use TFPC #7 in the subject line. Non submitters, please feel free to join the conversation.

And remember to keep your browsers pointed to Seibertron.com for the latest Transformer news, the largest galleries and the most fun you can have this side of a space bridge.
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1739956)
Posted by Susha on November 8th, 2015 @ 10:29am CST
so as i look into the low key lighting
here's some movies which I didn't consider noirs and that are game.

- bladerunner
- the usual suspects (not the unusual suspects, but the movie tarantino waz inspired from)
.. but does this make the unusual suspects a noir too?
- Once upon a time in America.. and the godfather. I know they started a genre of their own but .. well...

do we need a more consistent definition of what is considered noir or not for us or can we just leave it at the broadest possible definition? lets just hope no one advocates for jurassic park to be on the list... :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge #6: Halloween (1739957)
Posted by carytheone on November 8th, 2015 @ 10:35am CST
Susha wrote:so as i look into the low key lighting
here's some movies which I didn't consider noirs and that are game.

- bladerunner
.. but does this make the unusual suspects a noir too?

I'm sorry, I forgot to be more specific; just the style and themes of old B&W "noir" films. I was aiming this one to more of a technical challenge then the previous ones.

You are welcome to recreate one, but I wasn't asking for that. There is a really cool thread for recreating films with bots that can be found here.

I'll go update the original post.

During my research I was surprised to see that Bladerunner was considered a film noir or a sci-fi noir as Wikipedia called it. Definitely one of my favorite movies; maybe there is some subconscious logic behind all this. :-?

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY