Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media)

Saturday, November 21st, 2015 4:23am CST

Categories: Site News, Transtopia, Contests
Posted by: no-one   Views: 67,390

Howdy fellow Seibertronians and welcome to this week's Transformer photo challenge. This week's theme is a collab between Cobotron and myself.

Remember when we were just little tykes and all of our toys would just hang out together and we didn't have such strict shelving rules? Well this week's challenge is going to give us the opportunity to mix and match our toys again.

There are only two rules to this challenge; the picture(s) must feature a Transformer and must feature any other toy. That's right, I didn't say just action figures (they are of course welcomed). Let your imagination run wild! Any scenes or styles are welcomed.

Because the holidays are approaching and because this is a fairly open ended challenge; we are going to run this one for two weeks to give everyone plenty of time to participate. TFPC#8 will run from 11/15/15 to 11/29/15. Let's take our time and post some really fun stuff.

Submission post use TFPC #8 in the subject line. Non submitters, please feel free to join the conversation. Multiple submissions are welcomed and encouraged!

And remember to keep your browsers pointed to Seibertron.com for the latest Transformer news, the largest galleries and the most fun you can have this side of a space bridge.

Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743310)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 21st, 2015 @ 6:56am CST
carytheone wrote:Remember when we were just little tykes and all of our toys would just hang out together and we didn't have such strict shelving rules?

Nope. Even as a kid I kept my toylines seperate. The MotU stuff on one shelf, ThunderCats on another, Transformers had several to themselves. :P

Aw damn someone already did TMNT/TFs though to be fair mine was gonna be the recent movie versions of both franchises so I can still do it I guess. Or maybe I'll try something a bit different. I'm a bit of a stickler for scale though and not many of my figures are in scale with others. :P
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743315)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 21st, 2015 @ 7:12am CST
Here's a quick one. Don't know if it counts since Death's Head is technically a Transformers character but the figure is from a Marvel toyline. Simple revamp of an old photo I took last year. Death's Head about to repeat Marvel UK history by blowing up G1 Bee with a big gun, but is unaware of a more hardcore alternate universe incarnation of Bee behind him with an even bigger gun.
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743316)
Posted by galvatron00 on November 21st, 2015 @ 7:15am CST
carytheone wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:Turtle Power!
Cowabunga!
Booyakashaaaa!!

Cobotron wrote:Cram, you got any TF:TM/TMNT?
Never picked up the new movie TMNT, but it would be cool if someone did post them with AoE figures..and all of my G1 TMNT are in my parents attic, which is blocked for access by a garage full of boxes :-(
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743317)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 21st, 2015 @ 7:39am CST

(my photographic and comicstrip skills suck but there we go)
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743319)
Posted by no-one on November 21st, 2015 @ 7:55am CST
Hey Carnivius, welcome to the party. Good stuffs you got there. Death's Head works for me and don't worry about using the same things as someone else, it sure wouldn't stop me. Also don't worry about photo skills, stepping up to the plate is what matters here.

Keep 'em coming ;)^
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743330)
Posted by galvatron00 on November 21st, 2015 @ 8:58am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:Never picked up the new movie TMNT, but it would be cool if someone did post them with AoE figures..
(my photographic and comicstrip skills suck but there we go)
I'm glad you picked up my hint Carnivus!! Awesome stuff :)

image.jpeg
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743331)
Posted by no-one on November 21st, 2015 @ 9:01am CST
itscramtastic wrote:Slightly off-topic: has anyone seen the "History of TMNT featuring Leonardo" multipack at ToysRUs?! It looks amazing, and took a lot of effort NOT to buy it!! It's on my list to buy at some point :-D
image.jpeg
Actually I did, but was in a super huge hurry that day. I thought it was neat but was bummed to not see a Donny version. Do the figs come off them bases?
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743351)
Posted by keelo1027 on November 21st, 2015 @ 10:55am CST

Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743393)
Posted by galvatron00 on November 21st, 2015 @ 1:22pm CST
carytheone wrote:
When they've made packs like that they've usually started with Leo or Raph, I would hope they finish out the set! I think they come off the bases, that'd be a deal breaker if they didn't.
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743417)
Posted by no-one on November 21st, 2015 @ 2:33pm CST
:lol: great pics keelo!
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743420)
Posted by keelo1027 on November 21st, 2015 @ 2:48pm CST
carytheone wrote::lol: great pics keelo!

Thank you!
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743454)
Posted by Noideaforaname on November 21st, 2015 @ 5:11pm CST

I'm not sure if I really mixed toylines as a kid. Since I have 2 similarly-aged siblings and our parents tended to give us things to share, we'd often get a sizable chunk of a toyline. We all had Rugrats and had all the Rugrats, so we'd just play Rugrats.
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743459)
Posted by no-one on November 21st, 2015 @ 5:42pm CST
Brothers at play
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743542)
Posted by Cobotron on November 21st, 2015 @ 11:30pm CST
Man! This is a great challange. Way to bring some A gamage y'all! :APPLAUSE:

Hasbro MP Sunstorm and Takara Microman AcroyearX, Acrocleve

Microman Machine Force Godoh atop Tigerhawk

Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743544)
Posted by no-one on November 21st, 2015 @ 11:39pm CST
Those are some great micro-match-ups man, especially Sunstorm X Acrocleve. I'm loving all the micromania tonight.
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743547)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on November 21st, 2015 @ 11:55pm CST
From a very long time ago, but sounds like in the spirit of the thing, yeah?

Mega Bloks Call of Duty vs. Scorponok.jpg
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743561)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on November 22nd, 2015 @ 12:19am CST
I used to display my Transformers with my Halo Mega Bloks collection, and even scrambled around parts of my different minifigures to make little partners for the different Cybertronians.

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide7.JPG

Slide8.JPG

Slide9.JPG

Slide6.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide10.JPG
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743583)
Posted by Va'al on November 22nd, 2015 @ 2:29am CST
I can't take some new ones, but have some older ones to share.

Eva Unit-01 shows up a lot.
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743615)
Posted by Cobotron on November 22nd, 2015 @ 11:14am CST
Caelus - Those Halo pairings are FANTASTIC! :APPLAUSE:

Va'al - If only those red walls could talk. ;)
Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge # 8: Toy Mash Up (Mixed Media) (1743624)
Posted by Va'al on November 22nd, 2015 @ 11:43am CST
Cobotron wrote:Caelus - Those Halo pairings are FANTASTIC! :APPLAUSE:

Va'al - If only those red walls could talk. ;)

Red walls are no more. Not only am I not living there any more, the new owner/tenant has repainted them cream white. [-(

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2005 BotCon Decent Into Darkness Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Optimus Prime MEGA AXE ATTACK Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY