Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage

Transformers News: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage

Tuesday, June 28th, 2011 3:17AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Transtopia
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 71,535

A while back, customizer compute146 created a massive Optimus Prime statue. Back in February of this year, he set out to create a life-size Generation One Ravage. And finally, it is complete! We've seen this beauty carved out of wood, styrene, and then painted to perfection. He even has his own briefcase! Check out compute146's work from the beginning in the Transtopia Forums, and pictures of the finished product below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Compute146

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248414)
Posted by Name_Violation on June 28th, 2011 @ 3:39am CDT
HOLY EXPLETIVES BATMAN!!!!!

That is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen

how much did it cost to make?
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248423)
Posted by Captziltoid on June 28th, 2011 @ 4:17am CDT
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248431)
Posted by Mykltron on June 28th, 2011 @ 4:58am CDT
That is SO GREAT! Love the computer, fantastic idea!
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248436)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 28th, 2011 @ 5:15am CDT

And you only started on this in February? Well, I can't wait to see what else you've pulled off by the end of the year!
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248441)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 28th, 2011 @ 5:39am CDT
I love this! Lots of hard work, and you can tell it paid off.

My only criticism is that the teeth are white, and really long, and attract the eye way more than (I think) they should compared to the rest of this amazing piece. But please understand, I could never do this ever, and so my crit means nothing and it should be tempered and based on whether you are happy with how it turned out or not.

Steeljaw next?
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248457)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 28th, 2011 @ 6:49am CDT
Aw! He's so cute.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248476)
Posted by cine31 on June 28th, 2011 @ 7:25am CDT
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248480)
Posted by compute146 on June 28th, 2011 @ 7:34am CDT
Fortress Rodimus wrote:Man those are so cool. great work. How long did it take you to make the ravage starting from the concept until final product?

Thanks for your kind words, i started thinking about ravage in jan of this year, i wanted a smaller project than prime, but one that would challege me too, i actually started late jan, early feb, so the whole process has been about 4 ish months, it was a challenge at times, bringing ravage up to date, but as the decepticons like to use the humans, and cassettes were no longer an option,i thought the case mode worked perfect, i never repeat my work, as a) it becomes boring, and b) it keeps each piece i do, unique,fresh and one off pieces.
all the best
colin
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248484)
Posted by compute146 on June 28th, 2011 @ 7:38am CDT
Blurrz wrote:Well, kept my promise. Well done Colin!

thank you so so much, for not only thinking my work should be shown on the news section, but for the very kind words, you said about me, it means a lot to me, and its nice for a wider field to see my creations,
It was also heart warming to see kids and adults a like, having their pictures taken with prime and ravage at the charity event,
thank you again from the bottom of my heart
all the very best
colin ;)
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248489)
Posted by compute146 on June 28th, 2011 @ 7:43am CDT
Name_Violation wrote:HOLY EXPLETIVES BATMAN!!!!!

That is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen

how much did it cost to make?

hi

thanks for the kind words, the whole process, cost around the 300pound mark, give or take the odd pound, and a lot and lot of energon lol!!!!
seriously im sure i got some extra gery hairs now!! :lol:
all the best
colin
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248490)
Posted by compute146 on June 28th, 2011 @ 7:45am CDT
Captziltoid wrote:man just the briefcase alone is amazing. and the fact that it can transform is freaking awesome. simply awesome!!!!!!!

thanks for the awesome comments
all the best
colin
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248494)
Posted by compute146 on June 28th, 2011 @ 7:48am CDT
Mykltron wrote:That is SO GREAT! Love the computer, fantastic idea!

thanks, wanted to bring ravage up to date, but also keep him in his G1 era
all the best
colin :BOT: :CON:
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248497)
Posted by compute146 on June 28th, 2011 @ 7:52am CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Words fail me. It's like, why wasn't some ingenious manufacturer making this instead of My-Size-Barbie and that Transforming Big-Wheel when I was 6? Well, because it still wouldn't have been a half as awesome as this. The briefcase is unique, but clearly evokes that time in Day of the Machines when Megatron showed up in a guitar case.

lol!!! well i like to keep busy, will sort out a video of ravage asap, then im thinking ahead for next project, which will either be similar scale to ravage or i might go out and build another big model!!
all the best
colin ;)
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248499)
Posted by compute146 on June 28th, 2011 @ 7:56am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:I love this! Lots of hard work, and you can tell it paid off.

Steeljaw next?

mmmm, i tough long and hard about the teeth, i felt having only 4 teeth,like the cartoon didnt give ravage the fear factor, by adding the extra smaller ones, it gives him a little more bite!!!!
mmm not sure whats next, got some ideas floating around, either way, im sure i'll be busy!! lol!!!
thanks for the comments and support
all the best
colin
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248500)
Posted by compute146 on June 28th, 2011 @ 7:58am CDT
Blackstreak wrote:Aw! He's so cute.

why thank you!!! i kind of think he is too
all the best
colin
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248501)
Posted by compute146 on June 28th, 2011 @ 8:00am CDT
cine31 wrote:Amazing work!! Extraordinary! One of my favorites Decepticons! Would be awesome a scale Soundwave to carry Ravage in the chest compartiment! :-) :CON:

thank you very much, i often get asked about a full scale sound wave, it would be awesome, but i think a big grimlock would be kind of cool too,
all the best
colin
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248513)
Posted by dragons on June 28th, 2011 @ 8:22am CDT
how heavy is he?

impressive :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248550)
Posted by paul053 on June 28th, 2011 @ 9:32am CDT
:shock: Certainly shocked out of words. Great, great work. Just Great. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248551)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 28th, 2011 @ 9:35am CDT
Oh wow, that is amazing! Excellent work! :APPLAUSE: I was not expecting it to transform just from the robot mode image, I was like "nah, it's way too detailed..." and then it fit in a briefcase. :shock: Amazing. 8)
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Life-Size Generation One Ravage (1248606)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2011 @ 11:00am CDT
I really like how the briefcase was executed, but I feel like Ravage can't stand. Not that I'm being critical, but can it stand? :???:

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS 2016 YEAR OF THE MONKEY PLATINUM EDITION OPTIMUS PRIMAL - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 17 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Score CD Steve Jablonsky Soundtrack OST - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 18 minutes 47 seconds
Kids Logic TRANSFORMERS MECHA NATION MN002 BLACK CONVOY OPTIMUS PRIME - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 25 minutes 39 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers MB-04 Shockwave Dark of the Moon DOTM Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 15 hours 25 minutes 53 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 1 VOL.3 #0 PAT LEE GALVATRON VARIANT DREAMWAVE COMICS - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 43 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundblaster & Soundwave Leader Class Toy - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 44 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars 10th Anniversary Megatron T-rex (recolor) 06 incomplete - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 3 minutes 42 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GI JOE CROSSOVER Marissa Faireborn w Afterburner CLUB EXCLUSIVE new - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 33 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017