Twincast / Podcast Episode #268 "Call Me 2020"

Twincast / Podcast Episode #268 "Call Me 2020"

Monday, January 18th, 2021 4:48pm CST

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: xRotorstormx   Views: 26,380

The Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast is blasting into the new year with your host ScottyP along with Megatronus, Mr. Starscream and xRotorstormx as they look back on the craziness that was 2020 with their robot colored glasses on before peering into their crystal balls, which may or may not be made of shattered glass. Seriously. No goatees on Rodimus here or anything like that.

Episode #268 “Call Me 2020” is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio and many other Podcatcher sites within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

It is the year 2021. The treacherous year of 2020 has conquered the Twincast's home planet of Earth. But - from secret staging grounds within their homes - the valiant crew prepare to retake their homeland.

Here's what we discuss in this episode:

• This episode starts off with a short 2020 retrospective as we look back on the best Transformers toys of the year, as well as those that were sentimental favorites even if they weren't master works.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #268 "Call Me 2020"

• It wouldn't be a 2020 episode without, well, that darn 2020. The moments that encapsulated a truly odd year are reminisced upon, followed by a continuation of the negative energy with our picks for the worst Transformers toys of the past year.
  • Next up, prediction time! The cast discusses what they actually expect to see unveiled this year along with some predictions so unlikely they barely even qualify as wishful thinking.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #268 "Call Me 2020"

• The discussion heads off on a different route as we discuss the next installment of the War For Cybertron series on Netflix, Earthrise and some new show inspired bots making an appearance in the toy line.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #268 "Call Me 2020"

• It looks like a newly redesigned Masterpiece Thundercracker is hot on the heels of Masterpiece Starscream.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #268 "Call Me 2020"

• As this episode comes to a close, we wrap up with another round of bragging rights.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #268 "Call Me 2020"

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on Apple Podcasts or on your favorite podcatcher. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #268 "Call Me 2020" (2093222)
Posted by o.supreme on January 20th, 2021 @ 5:15pm CST
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #268 "Call Me 2020" (2093250)
Posted by Emerje on January 21st, 2021 @ 1:51am CST
I saw that same TRU documentary, at least the Ferris wheel cars had a nicer fate.

I think my Covid moment in collecting was Target cancelling so many of my pre-orders. Granted it was a rate of 19 successes and 6 fails, but those six were all BOGO %50 off orders from February that would have saved me a lot had they gone though. Even worse was Walmart, they cancelled all but two of my Netflix wave 1 pre-orders (ordered all, only got Magnus and Scrapface) and all but one of my wave 2 pre-orders (ordered all but Soundwave and Bumblebee, only got Nemesis Prime), but the later actually worked out in my favor since they were cheaper in stores at the time.

On the other hand I ordered every single Transformers exclusive from Amazon and I got all of them (that have been released so far. Hell, I pre-ordered Scorponok at Amazon and I got him, too! Unfortunately the silver paint on his crotch is smeared all over and I couldn't exactly exchange for a new one. At least I got one, looking forward to giving him a full upgrade kit makeover!

Emerje
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #268 "Call Me 2020" (2093379)
Posted by ScottyP on January 22nd, 2021 @ 11:47am CST
o.supreme wrote:Probably a dumb question that is answered in the podcast but...where is that artwork in the thumbnail from? (Prime, Omega Supreme, Unicron, Jetfire), Thats is pretty amazing, I've not seen it before.
Cropped from the cover of the Generations 2020 book. I adore those books but I feel like we're past due for a preorder to crop up for the 2021 edition :-?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #268 "Call Me 2020" (2093381)
Posted by o.supreme on January 22nd, 2021 @ 11:51am CST

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #268 "Call Me 2020" (2093467)
Posted by ScottyP on January 23rd, 2021 @ 11:15am CST
o.supreme wrote:Wow I really need to get into those books. Thank You. Also, I don't have a Twitter, but I hope this works for you

Oh nice! I follow them there and didn't even catch this :lol:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #268 "Call Me 2020" (2095524)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on February 14th, 2021 @ 2:44pm CST
Last I saw on comicchron Transformers #23 sold 6,000 to 8,000 copies.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Deluxe Bludgeon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike  Squadron WFC-S27 War For Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse scout Bumblebee Megatron Optimus Prime Starscream lot 4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron,FIREDRIVE,TOPSHOT&FLAK,BLACKJACK&HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Sideswipe" on EBAY