Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2

Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 8:15AM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 22,954

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronians, at long last we have the final chapter of the Unite Warriors online comic fully translated to English; allowing us to finally see the many revelations it contains - including, but certainly to limited to; UW Grand Scourge being declared as a separate entity to RiD Scourge/CR Black Convoy; a VERY impressive attempt to reconcile the confusing continuity of Galvatron II; and some final closure on UW Roller's identity. Check out the comic below and tell us what you think in the forums!

Transformers News: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2

Transformers News: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2

Transformers News: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2

Transformers News: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2

Transformers News: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2

Transformers News: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2

Transformers News: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2

Transformers News: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2

Transformers News: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844175)
Posted by william-james88 on November 30th, 2016 @ 8:27am CST
So what is the closure with Roller? Is he the G1 beep boop drone that gained sentience and a transformation?
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844176)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on November 30th, 2016 @ 8:33am CST
william-james88 wrote:So what is the closure with Roller? Is he the G1 beep boop drone that gained sentience and a transformation?

Sorta. Basically, he was G1 Roller, who was shunted to another dimension, presumably an alternate IDW timeline. So...both arguments are valid, I guess.
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844181)
Posted by Kurona on November 30th, 2016 @ 8:59am CST
It's a bit of a weird, roundabout way to do it and I figure it's literally just so this particular Roller and this particular Optimus can have a connection, but... yeah. Strange.
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844184)
Posted by Microraptor on November 30th, 2016 @ 9:06am CST
I love how Roller's sheer cry of anguish is just rendered as "BOO HOO!" And hey, Lunaclub used her power with it being creepily fetishistic! That's cool!
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844186)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 30th, 2016 @ 9:18am CST
Some translation notes from Jalaguy:[quote]Notes:
- English names and dub attack callouts used again.
- Grand Scourge's combined mode is "Scourge Grand Prime" in the original, I've used "Grand Scourge Maximus" to retain symmetry with "Optimus Maximus".
- The Dinosaurer name thing is impossible to convey in English, so I've just left it as "the earliest version of Trypticon".[/quote]Also, the line of CR Black Convoy's/RiD Scrouge's that reads "Show this guy the true power of evil!" should instead read as "Show this guy the true flowers of evil!" Jalaguy thought it was typo for "power of evil", but it really is supposed to be "flowers of evil".
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844188)
Posted by william-james88 on November 30th, 2016 @ 9:23am CST
Kurona wrote:It's a bit of a weird, roundabout way to do it and I figure it's literally just so this particular Roller and this particular Optimus can have a connection, but... yeah. Strange.

I am happy actually. I preffer my toy being classics G1 Roller than IDW Roller. Because it just didnt work anymore with the fiction on the US side that was used for inspiration dropping the history the toy was supposed to have. And the alt mode is so g1 roller, I thought it was super smart of Takara to do use the Rook mold that way. So I am glad that takara realligned their own fiction to make it so that this is indeed G1 roller afterall and the IDW thing can be something seperate, left to the IDW comics.
Sabrblade wrote:Some translation notes from Jalaguy:[quote]Notes:
- English names and dub attack callouts used again.
- Grand Scourge's combined mode is "Scourge Grand Prime" in the original, I've used "Grand Scourge Maximus" to retain symmetry with "Optimus Maximus".
- The Dinosaurer name thing is impossible to convey in English, so I've just left it as "the earliest version of Trypticon".
Also, the line of CR Black Convoy's/RiD Scrouge's that reads "Show this guy the true power of evil!" should instead read as "Show this guy the true flowers of evil!" Jalaguy thought it was typo for "power of evil", but it really is supposed to be "flowers of evil".[/quote]

Why would they use the phrase "flowers of evil"? And what does he mean by Dinosaurer being hard to convey?
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844197)
Posted by Kurona on November 30th, 2016 @ 9:58am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:It's a bit of a weird, roundabout way to do it and I figure it's literally just so this particular Roller and this particular Optimus can have a connection, but... yeah. Strange.

I am happy actually. I preffer my toy being classics G1 Roller than IDW Roller. Because it just didnt work anymore with the fiction on the US side that was used for inspiration dropping the history the toy was supposed to have. And the alt mode is so g1 roller, I thought it was super smart of Takara to do use the Rook mold that way. So I am glad that takara realligned their own fiction to make it so that this is indeed G1 roller afterall and the IDW thing can be something seperate, left to the IDW comics.

I'm pretty cool with it too. IDW Roller is a giant; Ultra or possibly even Leader class. So when I saw Rook done as him, I was like... that's cool, but it doesn't really work.
As a resurrection of the drone? ... weird, but sure, cool. That's a fun thing to add to the Optimus crew and you could explain it with a similar thing to how Allspark shards granted sentience to non-sentient machinery in Animated and the live-action movies.
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844198)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 30th, 2016 @ 10:00am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:It's a bit of a weird, roundabout way to do it and I figure it's literally just so this particular Roller and this particular Optimus can have a connection, but... yeah. Strange.

I am happy actually. I preffer my toy being classics G1 Roller than IDW Roller. Because it just didnt work anymore with the fiction on the US side that was used for inspiration dropping the history the toy was supposed to have. And the alt mode is so g1 roller, I thought it was super smart of Takara to do use the Rook mold that way. So I am glad that takara realligned their own fiction to make it so that this is indeed G1 roller afterall and the IDW thing can be something seperate, left to the IDW comics.
The Wiki's basically treating this Roller as being both the very same person as Cartoon Roller and as a JG1 version of IDW Roller, essentially saying that JG1 Cartoon Roller evolved into being a JG1 Cartoon counterpart of IDW Roller.

To give another example, Cartoon Bumblebee and Cartoon Goldbug are the same guy, while in IDW, they are two different people, just as how JG1 Cartoon drone Roller and JG1 Cartoon bipedal-old-friend-of-Optimus Roller are now the same guy while in IDW they are separate entities.


william-james88 wrote:Why would they use the phrase "flowers of evil"?
That was Black Convoy's catchphrase in the original Car Robots cartoon (it was omitted from Scourge's dialogue in the English RiD dub). Black Convoy would often speak such things as "The flowers of evil are beautiful when you allow them to bloom," "I will spread the flowers of evil across the world," etc. 'Course, by this he was speaking metaphorically about the beauty and splendor of evil, creating a sort of poetic side to the character as a nice contrast to Gelshark's own sillier poetic side.

william-james88 wrote:And what does he mean by Dinosaurer being hard to convey?
When Galvatron II explains his backstory, his word bubble in the panel that shows Trypticon refers to that Trypticon as "Dino-saurer [Dainozaurā], the first version of Dinosaurer [Dainazaurā]". This is reference to how, in Scramble City, Trypticon had a different animation model from the one he had in season 3 of the G1 cartoon, and how, in Scramble City, Trypticon was referred to as "Dino-saurer" (ダイノザウラー Dainozaurā) in Scramble City and "Dinosaurer" (ダイナザウラー Dainozaurā) in all other Japanese media. This is Sakamoto's attempting to explain why Trypticon's look and name were different in Scramble City from how his look and name were presented in everything else. Thus, he has now retconned the Trypticon from Scramble City to have been an earlier version from the one who appears to be created later in season 3 of the G1 cartoon.
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844201)
Posted by william-james88 on November 30th, 2016 @ 10:15am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

william-james88 wrote:And what does he mean by Dinosaurer being hard to convey?
When Galvatron II explains his backstory, his word bubble in the panel that shows Trypticon refers to that Trypticon as "Dino-saurer [Dainozaurā], the first version of Dinosaurer [Dainazaurā]". This is reference to how, in Scramble City, Trypticon had a different animation model from the one he had in season 3 of the G1 cartoon, and how, in Scramble City, Trypticon was referred to as "Dino-saurer" (ダイノザウラー Dainozaurā) in Scramble City and "Dinosaurer" (ダイナザウラー Dainozaurā) in all other Japanese media. This is Sakamoto's attempting to explain why Trypticon's look and name were different in Scramble City from how his look and name were presented in everything else. Thus, he has now retconned the Trypticon from Scramble City to have been an earlier version from the one who appears to be created later in season 3 of the G1 cartoon.

Oh I see. He needed to do that because there were 2 spellings and looks to Dinosaurer. But in the west, we only had Trypticon so there would be no need to rectify anything. But since its a translation of a japanese only thing (which has no name in english) it got a bit tricky. Thanks!
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844202)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 30th, 2016 @ 10:17am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

william-james88 wrote:And what does he mean by Dinosaurer being hard to convey?
When Galvatron II explains his backstory, his word bubble in the panel that shows Trypticon refers to that Trypticon as "Dino-saurer [Dainozaurā], the first version of Dinosaurer [Dainazaurā]". This is reference to how, in Scramble City, Trypticon had a different animation model from the one he had in season 3 of the G1 cartoon, and how, in Scramble City, Trypticon was referred to as "Dino-saurer" (ダイノザウラー Dainozaurā) in Scramble City and "Dinosaurer" (ダイナザウラー Dainozaurā) in all other Japanese media. This is Sakamoto's attempting to explain why Trypticon's look and name were different in Scramble City from how his look and name were presented in everything else. Thus, he has now retconned the Trypticon from Scramble City to have been an earlier version from the one who appears to be created later in season 3 of the G1 cartoon.

Oh I see. He needed to do that because there were 2 spellings and looks to Dinosaurer. But in the west, we only had Trypticon so there would be no need to rectify anything. But since its a translation of a japanese only thing (which has no name in english) it got a bit tricky. Thanks!
Yeah, cuz otherwise, the translation would have said "Trypticon, the first version of Trypticon", and we'd be like "LOLwut?" :P

'Course, if the guy had just stuck to the Japanese names/terms... ;)
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844203)
Posted by william-james88 on November 30th, 2016 @ 10:23am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
'Course, if the guy had just stuck to the Japanese names/terms... ;)

I think he should have because in some cases, these become different characters with different continuities and back stories (like Trypticon).
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844204)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 30th, 2016 @ 10:26am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
'Course, if the guy had just stuck to the Japanese names/terms... ;)

I think he should have because in some cases, these become different characters with different continuities and back stories (like Trypticon).
He's especially fortunate that there happened to be available equivalent names from the English dub for Baldigus's/Ruination's gun attacks that were able to replicate the format of the Japanese gun attack names in this comic cleverly enough, given how inconsistent the dub was about Ruination's attack names.
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844209)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on November 30th, 2016 @ 10:54am CST
In a way this is the Japanese equivalent of the Combiner Wars cartoon and what the actual show should have been like if they actually cared, major props to Sakamoto for this labor of love.
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844211)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 30th, 2016 @ 10:59am CST
Jetstorm92210 wrote:In a way this is the Japanese equivalent of the Combiner Wars cartoon and what the actual show should have been like if they actually cared, major props to Sakamoto for this labor of love.
I agree. So far, the most obscure Combiner-related fiction (the Unite Warriors comics and the TCC's "Of Masters and Mayhem" stories) have been the best, really good Combiner-related fiction of this and last year, whereas the Combiner-related fiction that was actually branded under the name "Combiner Wars" (the IDW Combiner Wars comic story arc, the BotCon 2016 "Dawn of the Predacus" comic, and the Machinima Combiner Wars cartoon) have all been the pits.
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844221)
Posted by ricemazter on November 30th, 2016 @ 1:14pm CST
Can someone explain to me why Optimus only has seven days to live? Did he watch Samara Morgan's video tape or something? Also, is there anywhere online where translated versions of all of these exist in one place?
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844222)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 30th, 2016 @ 1:18pm CST
ricemazter wrote:Can someone explain to me why Optimus only has seven days to live? Did he watch Samara Morgan's video tape or something? Also, is there anywhere online where translated versions of all of these exist in one place?
It's because Optimus had died so many times before that Vector Sigma was only able to revive him temporarily.

As for all five of these comics translated at once, here you go:

Grand Galvatron comic --> http://imgur.com/a/4S1wc

Second Story: Lynxmaster Chapter --> http://imgur.com/a/Mf8v2

Third Story: Megatronia Chapter --> http://imgur.com/a/WqIA9

4th Story: Baldigus Chapter, Part One --> http://imgur.com/a/tm4Gn

Final Story: Baldigus Chapter, Part Two --> http://imgur.com/a/N3swA
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844230)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 30th, 2016 @ 1:42pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
ricemazter wrote:Can someone explain to me why Optimus only has seven days to live? Did he watch Samara Morgan's video tape or something? Also, is there anywhere online where translated versions of all of these exist in one place?
It's because Optimus had died so many times before that Vector Sigma was only able to revive him temporarily.


Here's a head count for the JP cartoon continuity:

0) S2 "War Dawn", as Orion Pax (depending on view point)
1) Transformers: The Movie ("recreated" in the Headmasters episode "Four Warriors come out of the Sky")
2) Kiss Players
3) S3 "Dark Awakening"
4) The Headmasters "Birth of the Fantastic Double Convoy"

And then Unite Warriors, so between 3 and 5 times total, depending on how you count.
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844234)
Posted by ricemazter on November 30th, 2016 @ 1:55pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ricemazter wrote:Can someone explain to me why Optimus only has seven days to live? Did he watch Samara Morgan's video tape or something? Also, is there anywhere online where translated versions of all of these exist in one place?
It's because Optimus had died so many times before that Vector Sigma was only able to revive him temporarily.


Here's a head count for the JP cartoon continuity:

0) S2 "War Dawn", as Orion Pax (depending on view point)
1) Transformers: The Movie ("recreated" in the Headmasters episode "Four Warriors come out of the Sky")
2) Kiss Players
3) S3 "Dark Awakening"
4) The Headmasters "Birth of the Fantastic Double Convoy"

And then Unite Warriors, so between 3 and 5 times total, depending on how you count.


So does this count as "THE" Japanese transformers continuity as far as most fans over there are concerned? Aside from Regeneration One and War for Cybertron, before the aligned continuity absorbed it that is, it doesn't look like the US has anything that stretches that far back. Does Beast Wars, the RiD cartoon, or the Unicron trilogy fit in anywhere?
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844243)
Posted by Kurona on November 30th, 2016 @ 2:18pm CST
ricemazter wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ricemazter wrote:Can someone explain to me why Optimus only has seven days to live? Did he watch Samara Morgan's video tape or something? Also, is there anywhere online where translated versions of all of these exist in one place?
It's because Optimus had died so many times before that Vector Sigma was only able to revive him temporarily.


Here's a head count for the JP cartoon continuity:

0) S2 "War Dawn", as Orion Pax (depending on view point)
1) Transformers: The Movie ("recreated" in the Headmasters episode "Four Warriors come out of the Sky")
2) Kiss Players
3) S3 "Dark Awakening"
4) The Headmasters "Birth of the Fantastic Double Convoy"

And then Unite Warriors, so between 3 and 5 times total, depending on how you count.


So does this count as "THE" Japanese transformers continuity as far as most fans over there are concerned? Aside from Regeneration One and War for Cybertron, before the aligned continuity absorbed it that is, it doesn't look like the US has anything that stretches that far back. Does Beast Wars, the RiD cartoon, or the Unicron trilogy fit in anywhere?

Yes.
Their dubs of Beast Wars and Beast Machines are part of the continuity - as well as their own two original Beast Wars shows. RiD (called Car Robots there) takes place in 2000, when all the G1 autobots and decepticons were worn out from battle as shown in the previous comic.
Re: Unite Warriors final Comic Chapter Translation - Ruination chapter Part 2 (1844245)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 30th, 2016 @ 2:31pm CST
ricemazter wrote:So does this count as "THE" Japanese transformers continuity as far as most fans over there are concerned? Aside from Regeneration One and War for Cybertron, before the aligned continuity absorbed it that is, it doesn't look like the US has anything that stretches that far back. Does Beast Wars, the RiD cartoon, or the Unicron trilogy fit in anywhere?


Unicron Trilogy? No, but Unicron is linked to all continuities at once so he has access to all of them. So him plucking Thrust and Breakdown from a non-G1 universe is easy for him.

The CR/RiD cartoon is weird: the Car Robots original is part of Japanese G1, but the US dub is in its own continuity. So Black Convoy and Baldigus appearing in G1 shouldn't come as a surprise (their counterparts Scourge and Ruination however...).
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #208 - Everyone Gets Counterpunched
Twincast / Podcast #208:
"Everyone Gets Counterpunched"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 23rd, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "Transformers Headmaster LG 26 Scourge Legends Vehicle to robot Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal The Shield Bumblebee DLX Class 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Zeta toys ZB-01 Kronos Fly Fire Figure in Stock" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dragstrip Racing KIDZ" on EBAY
Buy "New Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG60 Overlord From Japan" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON GALAXY FORCE SUPREME CLASS STARSCREAM LOOSE ORIGINAL" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE OVERKILL SPECIAL EDT SE-04" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy USA Edtn Universe Silverbolt" on EBAY