US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper

US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper

Thursday, December 3rd, 2009 2:08pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Delicon   Views: 44,317

Black Friday and Cyber Monday may have both come and gone, but the great sales on Transformers continue.

Thanks to Seibertron.com members nemesis-prime and GlenSColen we have a hot tip on yet another awesome deal. Currently on Walmart.com the US version of Masterpiece Skywarp has been lowered to just $49.00. For those of you not familiar with Walmart sales, the $49 price was listed as a "rollback" which means this is the new standard pricing. This is somewhat surprising as this is still a pretty new release. It is also a Walmart Exclusive so it's not like they have to compete with other stores over their price.

On the item page, it is mentioned that "Prices in Store May Vary" Well, thanks to Seibertron.com member Grahf we know that is definitely true. Take a close look at his receipt and you'll see for yourself.

Re: WM Masterpiece Skywarp for Cheap

Granted, this might be the exception rather than the rule, and some stores may still even have the original list price but it is certainly worth looking into if you are interested in this figure.

To see the Walmart.com listing, please click here.

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): nemesis-prime, GlenSColen, Grahf, Walmart.com

This article was last modified on Thursday, December 3rd, 2009 5:38pm CST

Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024696)
Posted by Prime Riblet on December 3rd, 2009 @ 2:15pm CST
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024701)
Posted by GlenSColen on December 3rd, 2009 @ 2:36pm CST
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024715)
Posted by --B-- on December 3rd, 2009 @ 2:46pm CST
My local Wally had 2 the one day, and they were gone the next, so I would have to guess that either someone bought 2 at another store and returned them to mine, or they only ever got in/put out one case. They were just on random spots in the TF area, not on an endcap or anything.

$20 bucks?? I'd have been all over that.
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024723)
Posted by Delicon on December 3rd, 2009 @ 3:07pm CST
Prime Riblet wrote:I'm with Kibble. I would be happy just to see the damned thing in a store where I live.

I gave you the link, so just order it, simple as that!
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024727)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on December 3rd, 2009 @ 3:20pm CST
Delicon wrote:Black Friday and Cyber Monday may have both come and went, but the great sales on Transformers continue.

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

sorry, I just need to point this out... "come and GONE" not "come and went". :?
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024728)
Posted by nemesis-prime on December 3rd, 2009 @ 3:23pm CST
Kibble wrote:Damn, I would like the Walmart version for only $20... As usual, I haven't even seen it at any of the Walmarts I frequent, much less at super clearance price...

I still have yet to see these in any sores in the st louis , mo area. :-x Mine came from the website.
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024764)
Posted by Delicon on December 3rd, 2009 @ 7:07pm CST
nemesis-prime wrote:

That's why I was very surprised to see this sale so quickly, when it seems like they have been hard to find.
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024776)
Posted by Grahf on December 3rd, 2009 @ 7:44pm CST
I figured that the $20 ones were a fluke and I was ready for the people in line behind me to be pissed off while the clerk hade to do a price check. No price check needed to be done and I was a happy camper. I just went back about an hour ago and got another two. Now I just need to figure out how to mod them into the coneheads and I'll have an easy Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge to work on.

Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024780)
Posted by vectorA3 on December 3rd, 2009 @ 8:01pm CST
GlenSColen wrote:Fair Lakes, VA had them out for roughly 1 day before selling out and removing the entire display end cap. I had to order mine though Walmart.com for $60 + tax w/ free site-to-store shipping. I was able to get them to credit me the $11 difference after rollback but it took some haggling as they only price-match rollbacks for 7 days from the date you place your order (not the actual date the item arrives in store).

Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024810)
Posted by guardianprime on December 3rd, 2009 @ 9:54pm CST
DEAR PRIMUS THANKYOU!!!

i can only hope the sale effects my area and there is still at least 1 on the shelf!
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024812)
Posted by Kibble on December 3rd, 2009 @ 10:23pm CST
Grahf wrote:I was tempted to nab every single one on the display, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Hopefully an actual collector will be able to get some before the scalpers zone in.

Feel free to grab one and ship it this way...
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024815)
Posted by DecepticonKing86 on December 3rd, 2009 @ 10:33pm CST
Went to Wally today before work, all the shelves were empty!!!! wow....
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024818)
Posted by Kibble on December 3rd, 2009 @ 10:41pm CST
vectorA3 wrote: so is it too late for me to get the difference? I bought mine 11/7 full price and went back a week later to return it (problem w/stand). I only have my original receipt. What is wally's policy on this? i'd love to get the rollback. thx.

Check the return policy...if it's more than 30 days, just buy it again and return the sealed one with the full price receipt.
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024819)
Posted by Grahf on December 3rd, 2009 @ 10:52pm CST
Kibble wrote:Feel free to grab one and ship it this way...

Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024823)
Posted by Kibble on December 3rd, 2009 @ 11:08pm CST
Grahf wrote:I'll most likely be there again the morning so if there are any left I'll snag one for you.

Much appreciatedImage
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024825)
Posted by Agent 007 on December 3rd, 2009 @ 11:14pm CST
Damn for $20 I'll bite. I'll havta go hunting for this now.
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024871)
Posted by Prime Riblet on December 4th, 2009 @ 3:44am CST
Delicon wrote:

I gave you the link, so just order it, simple as that!

I know, I know, I know. It is just so much more fun to go to the store and actually find it on the shelf....ordering TF's online just takes part of the fun away.
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024901)
Posted by vectorA3 on December 4th, 2009 @ 6:06am CST
Kibble wrote:

all right. Hopefully i can find one at the new price. If i can't, then it's too much hassle & i won't bother.
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024971)
Posted by guardianprime on December 4th, 2009 @ 12:40pm CST
if anyone can pick up an extra for $20 and can ship it to massachusetts for ... not alot. let me know. i'd gladly reimburse you or trade for it (trades list is in my sig)
Re: US Masterpiece Skywarp just $49 at Walmart.com, some stores even cheaper (1024979)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 4th, 2009 @ 1:14pm CST
Good news for US fans. :) Sadly I think Skywarp has disappeared from Canadian shelves, and I don't know what the likelihood of any restocks is.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Armada set DUNE RUNNER / ICEBERG / RANSACK Adventure Minicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class Optimus Prime New" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Battle Call Officer Class FIGUR" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY Transformers Adventure TAV56 Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Expanded Universe Botcon 2002 Glyph Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon Europe 2002 Rook Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY