War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz

War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz

Monday, April 26th, 2010 12:18pm CDT

Categories: Game News, Store News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 68,670

On the War For Cybertron website, some were wondering who the unknown character was in the 'Preorders' tab when it was highlighted. We now find out that the character is an Autobot, none other than Jazz, and he will be a Best Buy exclusive unlockable character. You'll find out everything you need to know over at Best Buy's War For Cybertron product page here.

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Best Buy, AutobotJazz87

This article was last modified on Monday, April 26th, 2010 1:38pm CDT

Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068185)
Posted by zodconvoy on April 26th, 2010 @ 12:30pm CDT
So I have to choose between Shockwave form Gamestop and Jazz form Best Buy?

That SUCKS!
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068186)
Posted by Blurrz on April 26th, 2010 @ 12:33pm CDT
I'm sure you'll get all the characters over at Gamefaqs or something in a week after the game. #-o
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068188)
Posted by Anonymous on April 26th, 2010 @ 12:38pm CDT
Jazz fans bang heads in discovery after preordering elsewhere. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068190)
Posted by --B-- on April 26th, 2010 @ 12:42pm CDT
I had yet to pre-order this, and now I know where I will be pre-ordering it from!!

Shockwave is nice, but nothing beats Jazz!
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068193)
Posted by Prowl1529 on April 26th, 2010 @ 12:48pm CDT
Oh brother!!! I hope they don't do this here in Portugal.
I have nothing against Demolisher but chose between Jazz and Sockwave is very cruel to complicate even more probable we will see some other company putting other exclusive like Prowl, Bliztwing, Astrotrain or Wheeljack. I hope someone cracks this exclusives so by this way we will have all of them!
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068199)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on April 26th, 2010 @ 1:01pm CDT
I guess I'll just transfer the preorder money to my Super Street Fighter purchase tomorrow at Gamestop and go for the Best Buy preorder. By the way Blurrz, thanks for crediting me. :D
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068202)
Posted by Sid Burn on April 26th, 2010 @ 1:14pm CDT
I hate this kind of cheap pandering, hey developers/retailers, how about we get the FULL game no matter where we purchase it?

How can they not see this will cause backlash from the fans? All these characters should be available up front. At the very least, all these added characters should be available via download, and the retail purchase character is just saving the user a few bucks when they purchase the others.

Whoever birthed this concept in videogames needs to be fired.
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068203)
Posted by Chaoslock on April 26th, 2010 @ 1:15pm CDT
Arrrgh, I bet the next exclusive character will be Grimlock. This s*cks.

Sid Burn wrote:Whoever birthed this concept in videogames needs to be fired.

"From a cannon. Into the Sun."
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068204)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 26th, 2010 @ 1:17pm CDT
DAMN YOU!!!!!! Now where will I preorder from? Huh!? I had my mind set on Shockwave but now they come out with Jazz! This is torturing me to no end! Is this how you like to see your customers!? Broken and confused!? 8-} I wont stand for it! I will not. I guess now, Ill just have to get both. :BANG_HEAD: The only thing that will break this is if they have an exclusive Unicron, Primus, or maybe even Grimlock ith a fire sword like in Animated.
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068209)
Posted by DTR69 on April 26th, 2010 @ 1:23pm CDT
It says you get a code in the pack that allows you to unlock Jazz. If thats the case won't the code just get posted on the net so we will all be able to unlock whatever character we want. Or someone will crack the code so we can download what skins we want. Hopefully it's just a skin, and his abilities etc are just a clone of another character. That would be annoiying if exclusive characters gave better advantages in the game that aren't available unless you have pre-ordered from a particular shop.
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068212)
Posted by Blurrz on April 26th, 2010 @ 1:36pm CDT
Updated the news with a new video and picture

Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068215)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 26th, 2010 @ 1:47pm CDT
This bullsh** with exclusives is getting out of hand. Companies want you to buy a product but then drive you crazy in trying to get it, or at least get a version you want.

This is why I usally opt just not to buy from anywhere at all and just do without. Life's too short to be wasting time on figuring out this nonsense. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068219)
Posted by Dragonslayer on April 26th, 2010 @ 1:53pm CDT
Aww eff...now I'm torn between Shockwave and Jazz :-(

...Screw it, I'm going with Jazz :BOT:
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068220)
Posted by Jenus on April 26th, 2010 @ 1:53pm CDT
No, why do they have to do this to me!!!

This is my favorite character and I already have this pre-ordered at Gamestop. I was really getting to like the idea of playing as Shockwave but now with Jazz I want him more. Why oh why do they have to do this to us it's torture. :BANG_HEAD:

Oh man that picture of Jazz looks awesome.
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068226)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:02pm CDT
Great now i need to decide between Jazz & Shockwave, i hate in game preorder exclusives.
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068227)
Posted by sabrigami on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:06pm CDT
Glad I haven't preordered mine yet lol! Usually though ithe codes just unlock stuff right away instead of having to beat requirements in the game. So I think all these will be available in game anyway. If not, at least DLC. Jazz does look pretty sweet though :-?
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068231)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:13pm CDT
Now that Ive seen the gameplay trailer, time to go wit Jazz!!!
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068236)
Posted by AutobotTrainer on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:21pm CDT
Has there been any discussion about the platform differences? I notice that only XBOX and PS3 are getting "exclusive" characters, and that the Wii version is $10 cheaper. Aside from graphics, anyone know of any other differences? I'm already getting an XBOX version for me and Wii version for my son, but still curious.
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068247)
Posted by Vicalliose on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:41pm CDT
Please remember the emphasis on the word "unlock" people.
A month or so after it's released you'll probably have full access through the online stores anyway.

However, as good as Jazz looks I am tempted... :-?
Re: War For Cybertron - Best Buy Exclusive Character to be Jazz (1068248)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:48pm CDT
Vicalliose wrote:Please remember the emphasis on the word "unlock" people.

However, as good as Jazz looks I am tempted... :-?

My thoughts exactly. It would be an ignorant move for Activition to allow ONLY one extra character. These "exclusives" are just a way to start you off while giving you an option of buying the rest as DLC; the icing on the cake. Only issue for consumers is deciding on which to get for free with the game in choosing the respective retailer. Being a Jazz purist, I'll go ahead and purchase the game at Best Buy. Honestly though, the wait until June is killing me.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY