War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions

Transformers News: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions

Friday, June 4th, 2010 1:13PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Game News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 78,644

I'm working on the Generations "War for Cybertron" Bumblebee gallery at the moment. I noticed something interesting with his instructions. The line-art used for Bumblebee's head in the instructions is definitely NOT Bumblebee's ... but rather it appears to be Cliffjumper's head. Could this be our first hint that a WFC Cliffjumper figure in the works for later down the road? Check out the pics below to see for yourself!

Credit(s): Seibertron
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082224)
Posted by WolfDawg on June 4th, 2010 @ 1:19pm CDT
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082225)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 4th, 2010 @ 1:21pm CDT
WolfDawg wrote:Wow, good eye dude. I wouldn't be surprised if there are plans for WFC Cliffjumper. I can only think of a handful of times when a BB mold wasn't repainted as Cliffjumper.

Pretender Classics Bumblebee did have Cliffy's head...
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082226)
Posted by UltraPrimal on June 4th, 2010 @ 1:22pm CDT
I think Hasbro has learned to plan for repaints like they did with Universe Sunstreaker/Sideswipe. I wouldn't be surprized if we do get a WfC Cliffjumper.
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082227)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 4th, 2010 @ 1:25pm CDT
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082229)
Posted by --B-- on June 4th, 2010 @ 1:28pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Well, guess I'll be buying two eventual Cliffjumpers to scavenge a head to put with Classics Cliffjumper.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw this. That classics CJ head bugs the crap outta me!
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082231)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on June 4th, 2010 @ 1:31pm CDT
--B-- wrote:

Thirded.
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082235)
Posted by Dinobot Prime on June 4th, 2010 @ 1:38pm CDT
I really hope we do not get a Cliffjumper repaint out of this. This mold doesn't seem like it fits Cliffjumper at all, and I am tired to death of seeing Bumblebee-as-Cliffjumper repaints.
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082249)
Posted by VYPER ALPHA on June 4th, 2010 @ 2:11pm CDT
Sweet!! i hope we get him. I also hope there is a shock wave and seekers in the works. that would be so awesome I would feel it in my Pee!!
I really like war for Cybertron it has a lot of potential to me.
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082256)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 4th, 2010 @ 2:21pm CDT
Please let this become a reality... =P~ :sad:
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082267)
Posted by WolfDawg on June 4th, 2010 @ 2:41pm CDT
Bumblebee being repainted into Cliffjumper is just like Starscream being repainted into Thundercracker and Skywarp. Or Optimus Prime being repainted into Ultra Magnus and Nemesis Prime. It's a natural part of any Transformers line. It's best to just relax and let it happen...
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082269)
Posted by It Is Him on June 4th, 2010 @ 2:43pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
--B-- wrote:

Thirded.

Fourth'd
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082271)
Posted by Seibertron on June 4th, 2010 @ 2:44pm CDT
At least it might be a new head instead of just a red repaint.

Here's hoping that a new head would fit on the Classics Cliffjumper body. :D
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082272)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 4th, 2010 @ 2:55pm CDT
MULTIPLE IMAGES FOR MAXIMUM EFFECT!!

Haha, awesome.

Really cool catch. I don't personally collect Cliffjumpers, but awesome for all those who do. :)
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082281)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 4th, 2010 @ 3:23pm CDT
I prefer my TFs to be as varied as possible, so this makes an ideal Classics Cliffjumper without swapping out the head for the recolored Cliffjumper.
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082289)
Posted by Supercollider on June 4th, 2010 @ 3:45pm CDT
With this news and the red bumblebee image in the xbox WFC video I'm now sure I won't need to buy a spare bumblebee to headswap and repaint myself.

There's got to be a market for a KO just of alternity cliffys head for fans to swap for classics cliffy, that's the best cliffy headsculpt I've seen (worth buying the figure for the head alone!). The arker's "clifjumpor" (movie cliffy with a new head - newsed in ebay auctions about 3 weeks ago) is also a good headsculpt but sadly the body doesn't quite settle in camero mode.

Gonna be damn expensive buying the WFC toys, the PS3 game and a PS3 to play it on.... I gathe the wii also has exculusive levels and the ds game will also be different....
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082295)
Posted by Seibertron on June 4th, 2010 @ 3:52pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Pretender Classics Bumblebee did have Cliffy's head...

I can't believe I've never noticed that after all these years. I'd love to see Pretender Bumblebee repainted as Cliffjumper now.

Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082381)
Posted by It Is Him on June 4th, 2010 @ 8:15pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:At least it might be a new head instead of just a red repaint.

Here's hoping that a new head would fit on the Classics Cliffjumper body. :D

If it's on a ball joint, you could try popping off the WFC BB head and testing it on Classics BB.

It'll be a noble sacrifice.
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082391)
Posted by Ungie on June 4th, 2010 @ 9:04pm CDT
Hey, at least Im happy that its a slight remold of the head, not just a straight repaint. But I ponde this mainly that they normall dont get the line art head exactly right. But this is more significant in shape.
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082398)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on June 4th, 2010 @ 11:01pm CDT
Hasbro has stated that, as of the last few years, they actively look at remolding potential when designing figures, now, and often include replacement heads right in the mold, right from the start (like they did with Ratchet & Ironhide, Sideswipe & Sunstreaker, etc). I'm therefore highly unsurprised that they would design a Cliffjumper head for this toy... just like I'd expect that the Soundwave-van will probably have an Ironhide/Ratchet headsculpt included, and that perhaps even Optimus Prime would have a "Motormaster" or "Menasor" version in the works.
Re: War for Cybertron CLIFFJUMPER line-art used in Bumblebee's instructions (1082409)
Posted by UltraPrimal on June 4th, 2010 @ 11:52pm CDT
Darn, now you guys have my hopes up. I'd love it if you just pop the head off WfC Cliffjumper then pop it onto the Classics Cliffjumper.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "G1 Transformers Mini Vehicle Lot Brawn Warpath Seaspray Huffer Pipes & More" on EBAY
Buy "WARPATH Transformers G1 *Complete*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers 2010 creator deity Primus 2010 Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee - Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade New" on EBAY
Buy "McDonalds Happy Meal Transformers Bumblebee Mask #2" on EBAY