WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release!

WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release!

Monday, June 7th, 2010 7:41am CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 27,147

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron.com member craggy has come across a very interesting video concerning Transformers War For Cybertron (WFC for short).
The Bitbag has done an interview with The makers of WFC, the video contains a lot of game footage and information, one piece of information is that Highmoon will release a demo of the games Multiplayer exclusively for the XBox 360 before it hits stores.

You can watch the video by clicking here but be wary of spoilers.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): craggy, The Bitbag, HipHopGamer


This article was last modified on Monday, June 7th, 2010 7:44am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083096)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 7th, 2010 @ 7:42am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Is it true that its exclusive to the 360? If so, thats bullshit! I got a PS f*kn 3 over the 360 for a reason, and if this is true, us TF fans who got a PS3 over the 360 are being punished for buying a more expensive system. I bet the 360 would barely even handle the awesomeness of the PS3 version of WFC. Because the PS3 has more memory!

Don't worry the game is also available on PS3.


I mean the demo.

Screw the demo, just wait a couple of days and you'll get the full game, plus to use that demo the 360 players need to have gold membership which costs them extra money just to use it.
You're not missing out on anything.
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083102)
Posted by Shadowstream on June 7th, 2010 @ 8:26am CDT
Foregoing the console debate, I still think the exclusive nature of said demo to be pretty unfair. I'm not sold on the game yet, and the local rental dealer here is pretty asinine in regards to which systems they get in new releases for... ****ing Xbox elitists!!!
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083111)
Posted by Ravenous Nightwind on June 7th, 2010 @ 9:10am CDT
That would be so cool to play as a giant city transformer. O_O Not sure bout the whole demo thing though..I mean people can wait for that even though we're all pretty gitty about it lol.
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083121)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 7th, 2010 @ 9:38am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Is it true that its exclusive to the 360? If so, thats bullshit! I got a PS f*kn 3 over the 360 for a reason, and if this is true, us TF fans who got a PS3 over the 360 are being punished for buying a more expensive system. I bet the 360 would barely even handle the awesomeness of the PS3 version of WFC. Because the PS3 has more memory!

Don't worry the game is also available on PS3.


I mean the demo.

Screw the demo, just wait a couple of days and you'll get the full game, plus to use that demo the 360 players need to have gold membership which costs them extra money just to use it.
You're not missing out on anything.


And do what while I wait a few days? Go on Youtube and watch that Developer Walkthrough all day, every day like I do now? :BANG_HEAD: Oh well, I thought up a project to save my boredom and anxiety in the last 10 days of the wait for WFC.
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083122)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 7th, 2010 @ 9:41am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Is it true that its exclusive to the 360? If so, thats bullshit! I got a PS f*kn 3 over the 360 for a reason, and if this is true, us TF fans who got a PS3 over the 360 are being punished for buying a more expensive system. I bet the 360 would barely even handle the awesomeness of the PS3 version of WFC. Because the PS3 has more memory!

Don't worry the game is also available on PS3.


I mean the demo.

Screw the demo, just wait a couple of days and you'll get the full game, plus to use that demo the 360 players need to have gold membership which costs them extra money just to use it.
You're not missing out on anything.


And do what while I wait a few days? Go on Youtube and watch that Developer Walkthrough all day, every day like I do now? :BANG_HEAD: Oh well, I thought up a project to save my boredom and anxiety in the last 10 days of the wait for WFC.

Do what i do, start a webcomic :P
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083146)
Posted by Shadowman on June 7th, 2010 @ 10:21am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:I bet the 360 would barely even handle the awesomeness of the PS3 version of WFC. Because the PS3 has more memory!


Not necessarily. Both systems have 512 MB of RAM (Or something close, a lot of technical jargon is involved) however, the PS3 splits that memory in half, 256 for the system, and 256 for video. I recall hearing that most game developers find it harder to develop for the PS3 because of it. Valve in particular (The people who are keeping the PC gaming market alive almost single-handed) despise the PS3, they've actually admitted the Mac is easier to work with.

Of course, you just said memory, not differences in CPU or GPU.
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083177)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 7th, 2010 @ 11:26am CDT
This is excellent news :) :APPLAUSE:
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083215)
Posted by craggy on June 7th, 2010 @ 12:53pm CDT
just read the rumours that the demo is xbox only. :( I mean, I have an xbox, but I've been on the other side of this for other things and it sucks. we'll just have to keep you ps3 gamers fully updated on the awesome.


and woo hoo, my first news contribution! :-B
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083218)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 7th, 2010 @ 1:02pm CDT
And once again us sony owners get the shaft. Im getting really tired of this bullshit man. You know what fine, you want your demo you can have it, im not gonna go get my failbox back from my father, turn the piece of shit on and buy gold just to play a demo of a game i wont be able to get when it comes out anyway. Show how much they care about their fans doesnt it, already they're screwing over half of them and the game isnt even out yet. Fuck xbox and exclusive DLC & demos. Xbox needs to accept that they are no longer the best selling console out there and stop stealing crap from every one else to try and save there ass'.
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083222)
Posted by Jenus on June 7th, 2010 @ 1:09pm CDT
Too bad I am a thousand miles away from my PS3. :-(

Opps! guess I should have read more than the title, nothing to worry about now though I still won't get to play it till after the 4th of July. :-(
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083234)
Posted by Shadowman on June 7th, 2010 @ 1:25pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:And once again us sony owners get the shaft. Im getting really tired of this bullshit man. You know what fine, you want your demo you can have it, im not gonna go get my failbox back from my father, turn the piece of shit on and buy gold just to play a demo of a game i wont be able to get when it comes out anyway. Show how much they care about their fans doesnt it, already they're screwing over half of them and the game isnt even out yet. **** xbox and exclusive DLC & demos. Xbox needs to accept that they are no longer the best selling console out there and stop stealing crap from every one else to try and save there ass'.


Dude, take a chill pill. Look at how upset you're getting over a demo to a video game. There's no reason to get this angry.

And the anger seems to be seriously effecting your reasoning abilities. Microsoft didn't "steal" anything. The decision to allow or disallow demos or DLC to appear on one console or another rests entirely in the hands of the developers.

If you're really getting this mad over a demo to a game that's coming out a few days later, you need to take a deep breath, and ask yourself "is it really worth it."
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083279)
Posted by Varia31 on June 7th, 2010 @ 2:55pm CDT
Only for the XBox 360?! #-o

Oh well, not too big of a deal. The game comes out in less than twenty days anyway, and I can be patient. I've gotta wait 'till August to get Metroid: Other M since it was delayed don't I? This makes no difference, I'm getting the two most anticipated games on my "games to get" list, no doubt about it, and that's what matters. It'll be worth the wait, of this, I am sure. :)
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083289)
Posted by Vicalliose on June 7th, 2010 @ 3:19pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:And once again us sony owners get the shaft. Im getting really tired of this bullshit man. You know what fine, you want your demo you can have it, im not gonna go get my failbox back from my father, turn the piece of shit on and buy gold just to play a demo of a game i wont be able to get when it comes out anyway. Show how much they care about their fans doesnt it, already they're screwing over half of them and the game isnt even out yet. **** xbox and exclusive DLC & demos. Xbox needs to accept that they are no longer the best selling console out there and stop stealing crap from every one else to try and save there ass'.


Dude, take a chill pill. Look at how upset you're getting over a demo to a video game. There's no reason to get this angry.

And the anger seems to be seriously effecting your reasoning abilities. Microsoft didn't "steal" anything. The decision to allow or disallow demos or DLC to appear on one console or another rests entirely in the hands of the developers.

If you're really getting this mad over a demo to a game that's coming out a few days later, you need to take a deep breath, and ask yourself "is it really worth it."

Well yes, it isn't anything that he should get that worked up about...

Although he's not necessarily wrong about the whole "stealing" "buying out" thing.
Microsoft has pulled BS like this before. I just hope this doesn't mean that any DLC will be cut from PS3 as well. :-?
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083304)
Posted by cool8man on June 7th, 2010 @ 3:40pm CDT
That interview was pure torture. :BANG_HEAD: Not even worth seeing that WFC footage to listen to that man attempt to speak. #-o

SlyTF1 wrote:Is it true that its exclusive to the 360? If so, thats bullshit! I got a PS f*kn 3 over the 360 for a reason, and if this is true, us TF fans who got a PS3 over the 360 are being punished for buying a more expensive system. I bet the 360 would barely even handle the awesomeness of the PS3 version of WFC. Because the PS3 has more memory!


The PS3 does not have more memory than the Xbox 360. The 360 and the PS3 both have 512MB of memory. The 360's memory is unified while the PS3 is split into 2 blocks meaning it has more limitations since certain file sizes may not fit in one of the 256MB blocks. Also the PS3 operating system uses more more memory than the 360 so technically the Xbox 360 has more available memory than the PS3 at any given time.

Also most multiplatform games like Ghostbusters, Red Dead Redemption, GTA 4, etc. tend to look better on the Xbox 360. Third party PS3 games usually run at a lower resolution than Xbox 360 -- usually below HD resolutions on PS3. You can make better looking games for the PS3 if you target that system only and play to it's unique strengths alone, but with few exceptions the typical process of making multiplatform games results in better looking games on the Xbox 360.

As far as Xbox 360 getting an exclusive demo. There are more 360 owners in the U.S., and there are way more 360 owners who play online shooters. Also this suggests yet again that Xbox 360 was the primary development platform for High Moon, which makes sense due to the larger userbase and potential for sales on the Xbox 360 versus PS3. Not that the PS3 version is going to be crap at all, but don't be surprised if comparisons show that the 360 version is superior (ie. higher resolution, better texture quality, and lighting effects) once again.
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083325)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 7th, 2010 @ 4:07pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:And once again us sony owners get the shaft. Im getting really tired of this bullshit man. You know what fine, you want your demo you can have it, im not gonna go get my failbox back from my father, turn the piece of shit on and buy gold just to play a demo of a game i wont be able to get when it comes out anyway. Show how much they care about their fans doesnt it, already they're screwing over half of them and the game isnt even out yet. **** xbox and exclusive DLC & demos. Xbox needs to accept that they are no longer the best selling console out there and stop stealing crap from every one else to try and save there ass'.


Truth! Truth! Truth! Truth! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release! (1083885)
Posted by Raphael Prime on June 8th, 2010 @ 8:51pm CDT
My bet, is this will be an Xbox Live Gold exclusive for a week or a few days, then it'll be available for Silver and PSN, like pretty much all demos end up being. That's what it sounds like to me going by that video, because i heard nothing about the demo being 'exclusive'. My guess, is by next Tuesday it'll be PSN and XBL Gold, and by friday or monday(the day before release) it'll be XBL Silver.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 DECEPTICON HEADMASTER SKULLCRUNCHER MISB! US SELLER RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Vorath & Mindwipe Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Head Robots Transformers Hot Head Duro-5 Military assault Driver parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers studio series Hot Rod, Jazz, Blurr #86" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS Fall of Cybertron DELUXE Autobot Air Raid Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE Lot of  Clear Blue Panels #K101531" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS Galvatron Battle Factory Lot of 4 YELLOW CAUTION BRICKS" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS Galvatron Battle Factory Lot of 7 Grey Panels #K101493" on EBAY