Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw

Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw

Friday, November 4th, 2011 12:34pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 50,482

Courtesy of our friends in the Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group we have images of CHMS Xtransbots Tyrant (aka Galvatron) in artillery mode. As suspected this figure is based on the unproduced JazaiToys Galvatron design.

In other Xtransbots news it appears they are also working with Eagle's TF to produce their version of Steeljaw known as Ironpaw. Eagle's TF also has designs for Kup, Powerglide, Scourge, and a teaser for Ironhide and Ratchet, which can be viewed on their blog.

Check out the prototype image mirrored from their twitter account below.

Credit(s): Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Groups, Xtransbots twitter

This article was last modified on Friday, November 4th, 2011 3:22pm CDT

Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1308596)
Posted by TFanPage101 on November 4th, 2011 @ 2:57pm CDT
Cool, I would like to see the completed version though
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1308600)
Posted by Mykltron on November 4th, 2011 @ 3:17pm CDT
That looks terrible. Not slim enough. Great ugly gap around the barrel.
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1308606)
Posted by rpetras on November 4th, 2011 @ 3:38pm CDT
Not loving it so far, but that is a EARLY prototype.

I will be patient. >:oP
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1308607)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on November 4th, 2011 @ 3:46pm CDT
The same reasons i didnt buy PG & W theres just something off about the look of these things i cant put my finger on what it is but it turns me off >:oP

im another fan of the Galvatron we have also, but im still excited to see the finished in hand version of this guy :D .
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1308609)
Posted by Cybershark on November 4th, 2011 @ 3:51pm CDT
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1308629)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 4th, 2011 @ 5:11pm CDT
Hey. I wouldn't knock this Galvatron TOO hard yet. Looking at the Steelpaw design work... it goes from really blocky chunks of plastic to more and more detailed over the course of the design.... till it finally looks friggin' amazing.

I'd wager Galvatron will do the same thing. They're figuring out the transformation... then details will be added. (??) Going to wait and see. >:oP

Either way, glad someone's picking up that cassettebot to manufacture. Really happy.
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1308634)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 4th, 2011 @ 5:22pm CDT
Cybershark wrote:ULTIMATE GALAVATRON!!?? Seriously people?? That "thing" sucks!! Its so bad its awful, really. I mean just because everyone wants a large updated Galvatron does not mean you snatch up whatever some 3rd party pops out. Sorry, I just think it sucks. It could have a somewhat updated look. Not such blocky proportions, It could use A LOT of detail etc. This infatuation with toys having to look exactly like the cartoon is insane to me. The cartoon characters were not always top notch models to begin with.

This. Is. A. Prototype.

Can you be patient and give them time to work on it?
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1308637)
Posted by craggy on November 4th, 2011 @ 5:38pm CDT

ITS NOT EVEN PURPLESSSS!!!! :BOOM:
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1308652)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 4th, 2011 @ 6:48pm CDT
While I'd love new versions of both Galvatron and Steeljaw, these are most certainly not the ones.
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1308657)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 4th, 2011 @ 7:03pm CDT
A new Steeljaw! Now thats the stuff 3rd party dudes should be making. Not eyeballs.

That galvaton in alt mode also looks like he's holding his butt cheeks apart about to take a ferocious dump or fart on a drunk dude passed out on the couch!
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1308706)
Posted by Skywarp64 on November 4th, 2011 @ 11:29pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:But that makes him smaller than Voyager Prime, Voyager Megatron, Protector, or even Titanium Rodimus. He should be the same size as the other leaders.

What about Deluxe Prime? (ALL the deluxe Primes)
What about Deluxe Megatron? (Namely War for Cybertron)
What about Deluxe Rodimus Prime? (Namely Energon)
What about shelf space?
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1308818)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on November 5th, 2011 @ 11:57am CDT
Skywarp64 wrote:

What about Deluxe Prime? (ALL the deluxe Primes)
What about Deluxe Megatron? (Namely War for Cybertron)
What about Deluxe Rodimus Prime? (Namely Energon)
What about shelf space?

Energon Roddy sucks, though.

Sure, there's options for an all-deluxe cast of leaders. But I'm sure I'm not alone in using Voyager Prime and Voyagers Megs are THE Prime and Megs for my classics TFs. I'm not going to say "Protector is awsome and all, but Galvatron is out of scale with him, so Energon Roddy's the best bet". No. In this case Galvatron is the TF that needs to have a larger figure.

Shelf space? Voyagers do not take that much more room than deluxes and the variance in height makes for a better display. You probably have different ideas for display than me, but I like an interesting variance in height.
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1308831)
Posted by Mkall on November 5th, 2011 @ 12:32pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Energon Roddy sucks, though.

Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1309338)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on November 6th, 2011 @ 8:28pm CST
Mkall wrote:Agree on most points, though I like the Energon Roddy mold, but not as a representation of Rodimus Prime. I have his Checkpoint and Thunderclash repaints and I like them a bunch.

Same here. So much so I own Energon Roddy twice(2nd one was part of a lot of 30+ TFs bought for $40 just for Classics Rod) and have him in some sort of masturbatory Powerlink configuration.
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1309361)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on November 6th, 2011 @ 9:51pm CST
If it makes you guys feel better, I like the mold much better Powerlinxed to Thunderclash. But solo? Compared to what we got later on? Not so much.
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1309371)
Posted by El Duque on November 6th, 2011 @ 10:47pm CST

Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1309392)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 6th, 2011 @ 11:52pm CST
El Duque wrote:X-Transbots have released four new images of their upcoming X-3 The Tyrant of Darkness. They report the figure's height as 23cm or approximately 9 inches, with a January or February release date. Images from their facebook page mirrored below.

Shows promise. I think the finished product could be quite amazing.
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1309446)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 7th, 2011 @ 9:14am CST
For all you haters... they at LEAST put a purple CUP in the photo. Rahahaha. :grin:

Seriously, though. Seeing how the others look after details are added, this does show promise. Gonna sit back and wait to see...
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1309855)
Posted by Requiem Prime on November 8th, 2011 @ 9:47am CST
very nice, but I have yet to see a preorder for any of Xtransbots
Re: Xtransbots Prototype Images: Tyrant in Alt mode and Ironpaw (1309859)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 8th, 2011 @ 9:52am CST
You can order these through KOToys.com. Preorders are up, including some color variants. (black, white, etc.)

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY