Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream

Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream

Thursday, January 13th, 2011 8:46am CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Auctions
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 97,857

With preparations for this summer's Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon in full swing, we're seeing more images for new figures from the movie's toyline every week. This time around, we supposedly get our first look at DOTM Voyager-class Starscream compliments of a Yahoo Japan auction. The figure itself appears to be identical to the 2009 release from TF2: Revenge of the Fallen, right down to the Cybertronian tattoos. However, much like a lot of the other new, DOTM figures we've seen, this version of Starscream will come with two Mech Tech weapons, one resembling a gun and the other a sword.

EDIT: after closer examination by saavy site member and News Crew personnel, it appears that this my be a different mold than the existing Starscream figures previously released. Whether this is a retool of the older voyager or leader figures or a new mold like a rumored deluxe class is yet to be seen. When we learn more, we'll let you know!

To check out the image of DOTM Starscream and the auction, click HERE.

Credit(s): Yahoo Japan, El Duque, Blurrz

This article was last modified on Thursday, January 13th, 2011 11:59am CST

Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168841)
Posted by Rated X on January 13th, 2011 @ 9:01am CST
Same figure with new guns ??? I am happy because they will be giving my wallet a break.
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168844)
Posted by guarayakha on January 13th, 2011 @ 9:16am CST
Looks like a new mold to me..

ROTF Voyager, with its messy panels

Interesting enough, it look more like the leader ROTF SS when you examine the transformation lines:
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168848)
Posted by El Duque on January 13th, 2011 @ 9:27am CST
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168850)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 13th, 2011 @ 9:32am CST
El Duque wrote:I'm going with new mold. There are no exposed hands sticking out the back like Voyager from the last movie, and those two screws on top aren't present in any previous mold.

I'm thinking that this is the rumored deluxe. First off, I notice two silver screws in the wings, and second the thrusters at the back don't have spirit fingers sticking out.

Could be Leader Class good, could be TFTM1 awful
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168857)
Posted by ninoslow on January 13th, 2011 @ 9:42am CST
wow look nice, i will get him , liked starscream , he is a nice caracter in the movie and cartoon , iam a starcream fan , anyways i will get himmm wooop , nice
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168858)
Posted by rpetras on January 13th, 2011 @ 9:43am CST
It is definitely not the RotF Voyager mold ... I agree that this is probably the deluxe.

In any case, it is a big yawn.

I'm well and truly over movie Starscream's design, and I refuse to get yet another version of him.
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168868)
Posted by astig on January 13th, 2011 @ 10:15am CST
Doesn't look like the rotf voyager mold as it does not have the hands sticking out on the back of the plane. this looks to me to be the "deluxe" starscream we saw on the list.
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168869)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 13th, 2011 @ 10:23am CST
It defiantly is. Don't you see those big ass guns? Yeah, that's supposed to be the gimmick that runs with the DOTM line.
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168872)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 13th, 2011 @ 10:42am CST
I also think it looks more like a Deluxe than a Voyager.
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168882)
Posted by Stockade on January 13th, 2011 @ 11:07am CST
I like Starscream, but really into to old G1 version, i mean the new style is cool, but i guess im sick of it, no major changes from what i can see other than he MIGHT be a deluxe size and if so what a waste! I can see some of the characters being deluxe and some being voyager, and I feel Starscream should be voyager or leader class for though who want it. For me ill be passing up the DOTM toys, unless something REALLY gets my interest, but I doubt it.
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168883)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 13th, 2011 @ 11:08am CST
Would actually be tempted to get this if it is the Deluxe Class version. Don't need another Voyager version. The one I have already occupies too much space. If it is Deluxe class we can assume that there will be at least 2 repaints.
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168885)
Posted by paul053 on January 13th, 2011 @ 11:10am CST
Yeah. It's possible they miniature from leader class just like they did for Prime from leader to voyager and Bumblebee from HA to deluxe (kind of). But the picture doesn't show the side or bottom, though.
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168904)
Posted by ishigoto on January 13th, 2011 @ 11:45am CST
Funny, i think it looks like q new robot mode! If you look at the breaks in the plastic they look quite different.
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168908)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 13th, 2011 @ 12:00pm CST
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168918)
Posted by It Is Him on January 13th, 2011 @ 12:30pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:Looks like a shrunken down version of the Leader class mold, just for that I may pick it up.

It's probably just the same toy we've seen since 2007, just with some mold upgrades.
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168919)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on January 13th, 2011 @ 12:40pm CST
New Starscream with huge guns. Yes.
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168956)
Posted by Varia31 on January 13th, 2011 @ 2:32pm CST
Hmmmmmmm... :-| I'll be interested to see the bot mode, but I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with the awesomeness that is Leader Class Starscream. :lol: Besides, I told myself that I would never need another movie 'Screamer after the Leader Class mold.
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168987)
Posted by OlivusPrime on January 13th, 2011 @ 3:41pm CST
Thank you Hasbro, for convincing me that buying Leader Screamer on monday was a good idea! By the looks of things he'll look exactly the same in the next movie, which means that Leader SS will be my best and last movie Starscream. I had to look hard to see that it was a new mold - looks a lot like the ROTF voyager to me. Those guns look crap - way too chunky, and they seem to be Universe Vector Prime-style poo coloured.
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1168999)
Posted by LeL on January 13th, 2011 @ 4:21pm CST
I was wondering when they were going to release a voyager version, they did an awsome job with Optimus Pirme. now lets see what Laserbeak looks like ;)
Re: Yahoo Japan Auction Gives First Look at New DOTM Starscream (1169012)
Posted by Requiem Prime on January 13th, 2011 @ 4:52pm CST
If that's what I think it is, I'm so glad for the awesome 3rd party support this year. With the "strength" of the movie line, these buggers are going to suck up so much real estate in stores it'll be as if Generations, Reveal the Shield, and eventually Prime never existed.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2005 BotCon Decent Into Darkness Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY