A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron

A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron

Monday, January 21st, 2008 4:06pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 25,151

A member of ACToys.net has posted images of the upcoming 2 pack Animated Megatron figure. The photographer has also been kind enough to take comparison shots with the Voyager sized Megatron figure.

Some of the images have been hosted below.

To see the full set of photos, please click here.

Credit(s): ACToys.net

Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610593)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on January 21st, 2008 @ 4:10pm CST
Why is the coloring so different?
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610598)
Posted by Tigertrack on January 21st, 2008 @ 4:18pm CST
Probably the deluxe is an exclusive color scheme to the set... :-?
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610599)
Posted by Autobot Snake Eyes on January 21st, 2008 @ 4:19pm CST
Ahhh ill just buy the voyager instead. it looks better.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610600)
Posted by Savage on January 21st, 2008 @ 4:19pm CST
Pink "battle damage"? Really, Hasbro, lay off the crack.

Overall, the figure looks good. If it wasn't for the battle damage, I would probably opt to buy the two-pack instead of the individual figures. Oh well, I like my Primes and Megs to be Voyager class or better anyway.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610601)
Posted by Nekoman on January 21st, 2008 @ 4:19pm CST
I think I’ll get this one rather than the voyager. Voyager Megatron’s cannon is way to big.

Bottom line, none of these figures have thrilled me yet.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610602)
Posted by The Chaos Bringer on January 21st, 2008 @ 4:20pm CST
:cry: Not fair. Just not fair.

I promised myself I wouldn't buy a single Animated toy and then Hasbro goes and makes a 2 pack of mini versions of Prime and Megs - the one thing I cannot resist. And better colors to boot.

My wallet hurts.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610606)
Posted by ChrisR291 on January 21st, 2008 @ 4:23pm CST
I do like that Megatron! Love the dark Grey.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610608)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on January 21st, 2008 @ 4:23pm CST
I thought it was just the same figure repainted. Now I'll just pick up Voyager Megs & Earth Prime instead of this
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610617)
Posted by Zeedust on January 21st, 2008 @ 4:34pm CST
One of the pics at the Actoys site linked in the first post shows the two from behind. That one makes it pretty obvious that they're two different molds, so I might have to pick both of 'em up. I'm really happy with the Animated show, so I might go nuts over the toys.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610634)
Posted by Creature SH on January 21st, 2008 @ 4:50pm CST
Savage wrote:Pink "battle damage"? Really, Hasbro, lay off the crack.

The pink actually makes sense. Energon bleeds.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610641)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 21st, 2008 @ 4:55pm CST
I like the smaller one better. Ill be getting both since they both look good but i think they did a better job on the smaller Megatron.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610643)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 21st, 2008 @ 4:56pm CST
So how many Megatrons will this line have?

A Voyager, a Deluxe, then an Earth mode?

Oh well, I just wanna know if the 2 pack will have a domestic release.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610645)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 21st, 2008 @ 4:57pm CST
Creature SH wrote:
Savage wrote:Pink "battle damage"? Really, Hasbro, lay off the crack.

The pink actually makes sense. Energon bleeds.

Or maybe it's prototype markings?
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610653)
Posted by Ninja Sixshot on January 21st, 2008 @ 5:05pm CST
he looks like a deluxe.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610671)
Posted by Talous on January 21st, 2008 @ 5:26pm CST
The smaller class for Megatron looks better, I think. Something about him in robot and vehicle modes just seems to work better. The markings look simmilar to the ones on Prime. Could be a theme for the line.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610684)
Posted by woosh on January 21st, 2008 @ 5:35pm CST
oh well. so we will have deluxe magatron. but damn. this face is just ugly.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610687)
Posted by microclone on January 21st, 2008 @ 5:37pm CST
the delux megs ship looks a bit more coherent than the voyager one although the overall feel of delux megs is that hes a bit of a rush job, it doesnt look to have the quality of say delux prowl or cybertron prime, i could be proven wrong though once the toys are in hand. I like this set mainly for the prime. Hopefully it will be out soon so that at least kids know whats around the corner.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610693)
Posted by microclone on January 21st, 2008 @ 5:42pm CST
woosh wrote:oh well. so we will have deluxe magatron. but damn. this face is just ugly.

his facial sculpt is weaker than the other deluxes.
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610736)
Posted by Jaz-Zen on January 21st, 2008 @ 6:39pm CST
I liked voyager-sized Cybertron Megs until I saw the pic of just how BIG his cannon is, and how he seems to have a hard time standing up with it. That's very disappointing. :-( Deluxe-sized Battle Damaged Cybertron Megs looks good, but since Cybertronian Megs TOWERS over Cybertronian Optimus in Animated, I don't know if the deluxe size really fits Megs. :roll:

I don't know, I may just buy the voyager Earth version. :|
Re: A better look at Two-Pack Animated Megatron (610786)
Posted by dragons on January 21st, 2008 @ 7:18pm CST
megatron was in ghostbusters 2? he got slimed same color in the sequel of ghostbusters 2

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 3-D Jigsaw Stand Up Puzzle Warren Ultra Magnus 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager Class - Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY