A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25!

Transformers News: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25!

Friday, May 8th, 2009 12:33PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Comic Book News, Movie Related News, Toy News, Site Articles, Company News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 34,933

It was on this day, twenty-five years ago that the first product of the franchise we all know and love hit newsstands: Marvel's first issue of Transformers came out twenty five years ago today. That would make today the day the first Transformers product was released, and is the birthday of this franchise as such. Back in 1984, who would have thought we'd still see Transformers today? Let alone a series of high-budget films, action figures, and comics.

Today is truly a grand day to be and Transformers fan, so celebrate it with us, here at Seibertron, and discuss your thoughts on this.

A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25!

A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25!
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919051)
Posted by Editor on May 8th, 2009 @ 12:36pm CDT
Truely a special day, now to turn it into a holiday.
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919056)
Posted by Nightwalker on May 8th, 2009 @ 12:49pm CDT
Happy Birthday!

I remember when that first issue came out. One of the best days of my life :grin:
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919057)
Posted by PrivatePoop on May 8th, 2009 @ 12:50pm CDT
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919058)
Posted by Terrorsaur_85 on May 8th, 2009 @ 12:52pm CDT
How ironic i get my encore trailbreaker today from the mail--the day it marks 25 years..kinda has meaning doesn't it? :D
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919061)
Posted by Oilspill on May 8th, 2009 @ 12:56pm CDT
Happy 25th birthday Transformers! :D
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919062)
Posted by SJ21 on May 8th, 2009 @ 12:57pm CDT
Every time I see that Transformers are 25 years old it makes me feel extra old.

PrivatePoop wrote:Now wait just a minute here! This thread says May 8 and I see on that comic book scan it says September 1! What gives??

The date on the comics is when the comic stores are supposed to pull the unsold comics off the shelves, not when they are released.
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919074)
Posted by omega666 on May 8th, 2009 @ 1:12pm CDT
And here I am today, on my day off, watching my vehicle Voltron dvd. Well, I am playing with my TF as I watch.

I wonder what the next 25 year will bring... :-?
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919077)
Posted by omega666 on May 8th, 2009 @ 1:14pm CDT
...we'll be the new versions of old men with their model trains in 25 years.
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919081)
Posted by Editor on May 8th, 2009 @ 1:21pm CDT
omega666 wrote:...we'll be the new versions of old men with their model trains in 25 years.

So you can have your computer holographic series where the toys look indentical and are easily fixed because they are made of space-age materials, because as flawed as ours were, they were better, because they were first.

Are you kids still here? Get off my lawn!
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919082)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on May 8th, 2009 @ 1:26pm CDT
Yeah! :APPLAUSE: That's an awesome bit of trivia!
B-)
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919091)
Posted by Tripredacus agent on May 8th, 2009 @ 1:41pm CDT
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919094)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 8th, 2009 @ 1:45pm CDT
Who would've thought that TF would live this long? I bet there wasnt a single person in the 80s that thought it would survive 5 years let a lone 25. So should we consider this a unofficial holiday or a birthday? Either way ill have to have a drink later in honor of this remarkable mile stone. 25 years damn i feel old. Well any way happy Transformers day to all(except my stalker).
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919099)
Posted by Hard Hacker on May 8th, 2009 @ 1:49pm CDT
I neglected to honour the occasion.

However, given that a toy-selling franchise has lasted so long, I can safely bet on reaching the next round number to honour the occasion!
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919102)
Posted by First-Aid on May 8th, 2009 @ 1:54pm CDT

A perfect picture for this thread would be if Ryan could dig up a picture of Meg and Optimus shaking hands...

Here's to another 25 years!

Editor wrote:In my day we had transformers that were made with metal and if they broke there was no, "oh just snap that leg back on" we didn't have ball joints, they were all blocky, and some didn't even look like they did in the comics or show. and those shows were hand-drawn and the colors weren't always right, and the stories were silly. And we liked it, We loved it.

Are you kids still here? Get off my lawn!

Oh yeah...and I remember we had to WALK to the store...uphill both ways! And we had to work for them becuase they didn't have money back then! We worked for 22 1/2 hours a day just for a tiny figure! We had to sell our organs to get figures like Grimlock and Soundwave! And don't get me started on Fortress Maximus...just look at my prosthetic legs! ANd it was SNOWING when we were walking to the store and it was 500 below absolute zero Kelvin with a 220 mph windchill...

I think my Depends needs to be changed...

Anyways, I shall raise a glass of Chivas 18 in honor of the occassion tonite! Then I shall raise one glass in honor of each character..:-P
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919119)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 8th, 2009 @ 2:39pm CDT
Happy Birthday Transformers!! :APPLAUSE:

I still enjoy those original comics. Got every single issue too (except the ones w/ G.I. Joe in them). My first issue purchased was #24 from a 7-Eleven on the way home from school (no, there wasn't any snow but I did walk up hill).
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919122)
Posted by JEDI ALCHEMIST on May 8th, 2009 @ 2:47pm CDT
Transformers. Yes the mighty and awesome Transformers. To me The Transformers means the world. If they never would have existed my life would have definitely been altered in the negative. Thank you Transformers, for being there when no one else would. The Transformers. Happy Birthday!
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919125)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 8th, 2009 @ 2:59pm CDT
This is very cool, and very sad that we're remembering it, and I'm a bit misty eyed too because I'm remembering all I've loved and lost over 25 years. Lets not forget the gentleman who had the idea to create a truck that became a robot. HE is the father of Transformers.
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919129)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 8th, 2009 @ 3:04pm CDT
I just want to say Happy Birthday to the franchise that gave me so many fond memories, so many good friend, and many good times. I am who I am today because of TF's and Optimus Prime. Here's to 25 years, and to 25 more great years to come.

A round of energon for everyone on ME!!
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919134)
Posted by Runael on May 8th, 2009 @ 3:22pm CDT
Tripredacus agent wrote:Happy birthday to all Cybertronians- Decepticon and Autobot alike, here's hoping in another 25 years we can all celebrate with real giant transforming robots.

Yes! That would be awesome!

I may not have lived back in the eighties, but I have seen the G1 episodes and I am grateful that I ever became interested in Transformers. My first figure was Hotshot, but sadly I lost him :sad: , or so my dad tells me. The first series I ever saw was Beast Wars. I'm glad I was curious enough to buy one, otherwise I wouldn't be here today, collecting TFs, eager to collect more, playing HMW, or be waiting impatiently for the movie. Happy Bithday Transformers! :D
Re: A Very Special Day: Transformers Turns 25! (919135)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 8th, 2009 @ 3:29pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:Wow...a very special day indeed. 25 years now. This would be a good thread for our first Transformers. Mine was Mirage, way back in 1984. He was one of the few Transformers that had...(gasp)...elbows!

Here's to another 25 years!

Are you kids still here? Get off my lawn!

What sucks is that I have lived all my life in the Pacific Northwest AND my house was in a valley. So I REALLY DID have to walk uphill...both ways...in crappy NW weather to get my ass to a TRU. Just to get Transformers. These young punks today don't have ANYTHING to whine about. They bitch about Jetfires having a cane...I'll show them how to fight with a cane. Just throw one of the little whiners my direction...

It's cool that they posted a pic of the first comic book. I still have the original six issues bagged and boarded.
And my first figure was Starscream (a birthday present) and my 2nd and 3rd figures were Wheeljack and Huffer which I purchased at a Jafco store. (Anyone else remember those?) I can't remember what the next figures were. The orderly forgot to bring my Alzheimer meds this morning. At least I think those are what those pills are for. I am supposed to get pills, right? Guy next door get's pills, I durn well better get 'em too...shove this walker right up his...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
"The Real Ghostbusters"
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Beast Hunters Shockwave Starscream Optimus lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Optimus Prime BRAND NEW SEALED Autobot Leader" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters  Prowl  With Justice Hammer NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime - Beast Hunters - Deluxe Class, Starscream No Box" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - GDO - Deluxe, Springer Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Fall of Cybertron - Deluxe, Ultra Magnus..." on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Héros Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer New" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Beast Hunters Voyager Class Megatron Decepticon Hasbro Prime" on EBAY