Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak

Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak

Thursday, March 10th, 2011 4:58pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 63,555

The figure speculated to be DOTM Laserbeak makes another auction appearance, this time on eBay. The figure is listed as a Deluxe, which matches up with the product list we saw earlier. The image is mirrored below.

Credit(s): eBay seller i-transformer

Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193093)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 10th, 2011 @ 5:12pm CST
Is anyone else REALLY missing Energon series Divebomb right about now? I know I am.
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193116)
Posted by Wraith47 on March 10th, 2011 @ 5:56pm CST
heh---think of it this way. a crap load of TF fans are gonna buy the toys anyway, so why should Hasbro improve the quality? They could make them as crappy as the stuff one gets from KOToys, and people will still buy them.

Wraith
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193122)
Posted by Road-hole on March 10th, 2011 @ 6:10pm CST
He looks like some kind of attack drone. I'll reserve judgement until I see his alternate "Laserbeak" mode. At least he doesn't transform into a folded up Ravage like...um Ravage.
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193132)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 10th, 2011 @ 6:23pm CST
ugly as sin
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193133)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on March 10th, 2011 @ 6:26pm CST

The CGI version looks like some sort of "mechanical baby dragon"--all metal, with a pair of "turbo-fans" built into the shoulders [don't remember what you call them--basically fans encased in a shallow cylinder like Transmetal Megatron's T-Rex mode], and metallic feather-like wings, and a tail. No arms or legs, as far as I can tell.

The toy's black head and red wings are NOT screen-accurate.
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193137)
Posted by Mykltron on March 10th, 2011 @ 6:31pm CST
It bears very little resemblance to what we saw in the trailer. Maybe it's an activator or something like that.
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193140)
Posted by Mykltron on March 10th, 2011 @ 6:35pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:I just caught a 2-3 second glimpse of what the CGI Laserbeak would look like in the DOTM TV game commercial, and this plastic monstrosity bears only a passing resemblance to the CGI.

The toy's black head and red wings are NOT screen-accurate.

Yeah, well, when have Hasbro been fussed about colour? Blue Jetfire, blue Megatrons, yellow Rampage...
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193145)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on March 10th, 2011 @ 6:43pm CST
Mykltron wrote:

The toy's black head and red wings are NOT screen-accurate.

True.

What I'm most concerned about is the toy itself. While I can always repaint the whole thing in screen-accurate silver, or dry-brush it for a more realistic look, there's little I can do if the toy itself sucks.
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193153)
Posted by DJLazer on March 10th, 2011 @ 6:58pm CST
You guys know i hated this. but he's a cool lookig fig.
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193161)
Posted by GetterDragun on March 10th, 2011 @ 7:06pm CST
It's a Wyvern, I like it.
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193169)
Posted by SaTaN CoNvOy on March 10th, 2011 @ 7:29pm CST
Almost looks like it wants to be a Zord.

:CON:
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193176)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on March 10th, 2011 @ 7:34pm CST
After seeing the game trailer I am pretty sure that this is LB.
It would be nice to see a better pix of it too.
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193186)
Posted by CybertronHotShot on March 10th, 2011 @ 8:06pm CST
He`s kinda meh for a deluxe, but if they make a legends version, i´ll get it so my Soundwave can have another minion. :grin:
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193193)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 10th, 2011 @ 8:20pm CST
I realize this may be mistransformed but so far it's looking bad. I agree that for scaling purposes I'll pick up a legends class version if they make it.
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193218)
Posted by thedriod on March 10th, 2011 @ 9:10pm CST
its vehicle mode looks like the dragon hawk from gi-joe sigma six

if you pictures its wings inside of the fans, and its feet somehow molded into a track
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193223)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 10th, 2011 @ 9:31pm CST
Doesn't look quite as menacing as the video game depiction as well as what we saw in the Super Bowl trailer.
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193253)
Posted by prmlove1 on March 10th, 2011 @ 10:34pm CST
How many times do I have to say this? Takara and Hasbro have equal hands in the creation of these toys. I get really tired of those people that knock Hasbro everytime a piece of garbage comes out. As far as this toy is concerned, it looks ok from the neck down. I likely will not buy it unless there is an awesome alt mode. I did not buy a Ravage because the alt mode sucks even though I do have the mail in version still sealed in the mailing box.
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193318)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on March 11th, 2011 @ 5:25am CST
thedriod wrote:its vehicle mode looks like the dragon hawk from gi-joe sigma six

Good call. In the new picture it almost looks like there's a cockpit detail. Who knows though. I still remember when pics came out of Ravage's chicken alt-mode and that was way off :lol:
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193453)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on March 11th, 2011 @ 10:43am CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:Hey, does this guy remind anyone of The Giant Claw?

I know that they both look like bald eagles but still. :-?

I can't believe I actually mixed up vultures with bald eagles. >.>
Re: Another Look at DOTM Laserbeak (1193573)
Posted by Optimus1138 on March 11th, 2011 @ 2:31pm CST
I don't know what I think of the toy, since it looks mistransformed and the quality isn't too good, but I am glad they put him in the movie. I had been hoping they would so that we'd have both season 1 non-humanoid cassettes.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Deluxe Class Bumblebee First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "GI Joe 25th Transformers SDCC SOUNDWAVE & BLASTER Backpack 6 Cassettes 2012 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Grimlock Blaster And Data Discs" on EBAY
Buy "2016 SDCC EXCLUSIVE HASBRO TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE POWERGLIDE SOUNDWAVE ZARTAN" on EBAY