Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector!

Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector!

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007 10:39pm CDT

Categories: Event News, People News, Digital Media News, Interviews
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 15,345

ABC.net.au has a show called "Collectors" that broadcasts in Australia on Fridays at 8 PM. This week, there will be a Transformer Collector featured on the show named Mark Starick. If you live in Australia, or may be visiting for the week, make sure to check it out!

Credit(s): Burn aka "Uncle Burnie"

Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (107883)
Posted by Gutsman Heavy on May 2nd, 2007 @ 10:46pm CDT
crap, got work I gotta remember to tape it..
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (107915)
Posted by Anonymous on May 2nd, 2007 @ 11:13pm CDT
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (107933)
Posted by Bartrim on May 2nd, 2007 @ 11:23pm CDT
Does anyone know him from any of the boards/fan sites?
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (107940)
Posted by Bed Bugs on May 2nd, 2007 @ 11:27pm CDT
Bartrim wrote:Does anyone know him from any of the boards/fan sites?

I think it's Gutsman Heavy. :-?
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (107963)
Posted by Anonymous on May 2nd, 2007 @ 11:59pm CDT
I just looked at the synopsis in the tv guide, and it says something about going to Adelaide and visitng a railway museum?

edit: doh! I should have looked at the link :oops:
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (107982)
Posted by Gutsman Heavy on May 3rd, 2007 @ 12:15am CDT
Fender Bender wrote:
Bartrim wrote:Does anyone know him from any of the boards/fan sites?

I think it's Gutsman Heavy. :-?

I wish, I'd just ramble on about how they should continue the classics
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (108000)
Posted by Burn on May 3rd, 2007 @ 12:43am CDT
According to Dragontail of TAAU (who actually has met the guy and knows him), he doesn't have an online presence.
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (108004)
Posted by RaYdeX on May 3rd, 2007 @ 12:56am CDT
No online presence ! ? And he calls himself a fan ! :P

Might be worth looking out for though, cheers !
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (108020)
Posted by the purifyer on May 3rd, 2007 @ 1:43am CDT
Hooray! I thought they'd never show a transfan. Great news!Such a lucky man.
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (108060)
Posted by bobpiecheese on May 3rd, 2007 @ 3:09am CDT

That being said, it's irritating that I'm at Youth Group when this is on. But I'm sure I can get Mum or my sister to tape it. And if the collector is against the movie, then I'll eat the tape.
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (108102)
Posted by the purifyer on May 3rd, 2007 @ 5:02am CDT
bobpiecheese wrote:I already knew this! My mum told me last week :grin: . Seriously, what gets scarier is that she knew this from my grandmother (You guys do know that I'm 16, right?)

Yes you have mentioned it quite a few times, You're not the only one here :) . Youth Group as in the fantastic band or an actual Youth Group? :lol: ...I'm guessing the first one. Saw them at BDO 06, awesome. Have fun you lucky bum...
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (108106)
Posted by Leonardo on May 3rd, 2007 @ 5:14am CDT
Sheogorath wrote:I was wondering when Transformers would feature on that show. I'll have to check it out! I hope it's not cringe inducingly lame like that Canadian one with Ben Yee a while back...

Why was the Ben Yee one cringeworthy? I didn't even know it existed.
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (108189)
Posted by Anonymous on May 3rd, 2007 @ 6:33am CDT
Leonardo wrote:

Why was the Ben Yee one cringeworthy? I didn't even know it existed.

Just the stupid 'edgy', 'hip' style they used. Damn MTV. I don't think this one will be like that though, from what I've seen it's a relatively straight-shooting show.
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (108984)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 3rd, 2007 @ 5:33pm CDT
Sheogorath wrote:
Leonardo wrote:

Why was the Ben Yee one cringeworthy? I didn't even know it existed.

Its on the ABC Sheo, I dont think we have to ever worry about anything being hip and edgy. The closest thing the ABC has to hip and edgy is Spicks and Specks, and possible The Sideshow. The Chaser isn't edgy or hip, its downright hilarious (once you get rid of Chaz).

I'll have to try and remember to tape this, Im going out to the Drag Racing at Eastern Creek tonight.
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (109035)
Posted by Elita One on May 3rd, 2007 @ 6:21pm CDT
I'll try and watch it if I can.

Iamtrunks: I like Chaz on Chasers myself. The Chasers guys make the Logies worth watching imo.
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (109100)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 3rd, 2007 @ 7:42pm CDT
cool I love seeing other peoples collections and thinking how lucky they are to have the figures I don't and how lucky they'd be if they had the ones I do!

I hope we get some clips!
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (109329)
Posted by Burn on May 4th, 2007 @ 12:49am CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:I hope we get some clips!

So do I.
Because it'll mean I worked out how to recode with my tv tuner card.
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (109489)
Posted by dylwah on May 4th, 2007 @ 5:20am CDT
I'm watching and recording this now. 20 minutes in and the Transformers story has not been on yet. Edit: Started at about 21 min.
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (109494)
Posted by Anonymous on May 4th, 2007 @ 5:26am CDT
Wow, his collection was small. Good, but small.
Re: Australian TV Show to feature Transformer Collector! (109502)
Posted by Burn on May 4th, 2007 @ 5:33am CDT
So ah...anyone know anything about compressing video files?

It recorded at 196mb. :shock:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Prowl Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Red Alert Figure" on EBAY