BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image

BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image

Monday, January 16th, 2012 4:47pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Auctions, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 61,552

Just like almost every year in the past, the BotCon exclusive figures are starting to slip out of factories and onto auction sites prior to the event. Thanks to this TaoBao auction we get our first in-hand image of Gigatron (Overlord). This "Invasion" boxset figure makes use of the HFTD Voyager Bludgeon mold with a new head, which unfortunately cannot be seen in the is auction since the figure is only shown in tank mode. Take a look at the non photoshopped figure in vehicle mode below.

Credit(s): TaoBao

This article was last modified on Monday, January 16th, 2012 5:06pm CST

Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1334593)
Posted by Poyguimogul on January 16th, 2012 @ 5:27pm CST
LOL, It would be so great if NO ONE bought this..
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1334602)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 16th, 2012 @ 6:15pm CST
Poyguimogul wrote:LOL, It would be so great if NO ONE bought this..

Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1334622)
Posted by zodconvoy on January 16th, 2012 @ 7:25pm CST
DISCHARGE wrote:
Poyguimogul wrote:LOL, It would be so great if NO ONE bought this..

Some reviewer is going to buy it just to yell "first!" and bitch about how the sword is already bent in bag.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1334630)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 16th, 2012 @ 8:11pm CST
does it come in the bag all bent up like that? lmfao
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1334634)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 16th, 2012 @ 8:36pm CST
griftimus prime wrote:does it come in the bag all bent up like that? lmfao
You do know how BotCon exclusives have been packaged for the last seven years, right? That's a loose bagged version. The formal boxed version comes in a giant box with the rest of the set figures. Again, its' no different than how they've done it for the past seven years.

Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1334672)
Posted by Rated X on January 16th, 2012 @ 11:01pm CST
I do like the take mode indeed...nice colors.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1334729)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on January 17th, 2012 @ 1:38am CST
DISCHARGE wrote:Oh I doubt that, from the extensive amount of Chinese I can read it looks like they want $500 bux for it. Somebody out there wants it that bad. (ok, I read no Chinese)

It's actually 500 RMB ... which means about 80 US bux :lol:
That's still pretty expensive in comparison to the other stuff on the site, where a deluxe averages $5 :lol:
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1334776)
Posted by Delicon on January 17th, 2012 @ 5:34am CST
Oh, the nostalgia looking at all those sets...
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1335162)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 18th, 2012 @ 6:35am CST
Addy wrote:What about DotM Shockwave?

I think that could have made a fairly decent Overlord.

Perhaps a fairly decent Overlord but not sure if the cybertronian look would work for the character. Besides, FunPub can't use DOTM Shockwave since he is an onscreen character in the movie.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1335187)
Posted by El Duque on January 18th, 2012 @ 8:24am CST

Update: Full gallery now available.

Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1335188)
Posted by Prime Evil on January 18th, 2012 @ 8:33am CST
El Duque wrote:The Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group have manged to get their hands on this year's BotCon exclusive Gigatron (Overlord) from the "Invasion" boxset. They've posted a couple of preview images of the figure in both modes, which are mirrored below. They will most likely be posting a more extensive gallery later on. Check out the images below.

I saw the pic this morning as well and now without the poor photoshop job from the club, I think he looks better. I'm coming around to this now.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1335190)
Posted by mattwhite924 on January 18th, 2012 @ 8:45am CST
That color scheme is so bad it's good. The more I see this thing the more I want it.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1335196)
Posted by AutobotCliffjumper on January 18th, 2012 @ 9:04am CST
I suppose that people were correct, the actual toy does more justice in pictures that the photoshopped version. He's looking much better now! :KREMZEEK:
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1335197)
Posted by Rated X on January 18th, 2012 @ 9:08am CST
On topic:

Im glad Im going to Botcon this year and looking forward getting this figure.

Off topic:

I couldn’t really see the images well because there is no way to remove that damn SOPA advertisement that covers every page on the website you click on. And it stays in the middle of the screen no matter how far you scroll down. I am anti-SOPA, but forcing everybody to view this ad on every page overlapping the articles is as bad as SOPA itself.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1335199)
Posted by _Anshin_ on January 18th, 2012 @ 9:16am CST
Rated X wrote:On topic:

Im glad Im going to Botcon this year and looking forward getting this figure.

Off topic:

If you look at the bottom right (at least for me) you will see an exit button. Click on it and it removes the ad.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1335201)
Posted by Rated X on January 18th, 2012 @ 9:31am CST
_Anshin_ wrote:
Rated X wrote:On topic:

Im glad Im going to Botcon this year and looking forward getting this figure.

Off topic:

AHHHHH...I found it. THANKS !!!

Like I said before, Im all for the fight against censorship. But I dont deal with congress. It was congress who created the bill in the first place so e-mailing most of them is like preaching to the choir. Especially my congressman who is republican and does not want to hear from democrats like me.

I don’t fear SOPA because ALL politicians use Facebook and Twitter who don’t support this bill. Also E-Bay and Youtube is too big to battle on capital hill. It’s the cyber equivelint to a mom and pop store trying to take on Wal-Mart. Not gonna happen.

But isnt it ironic how so many people that bashed KOtoys on behalf of Hasbro are now rallying against an "anti-piracy" bill ???
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1335207)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 18th, 2012 @ 9:49am CST
Wow, the more I see that toy, the more I hate that head, which sucks because I love everything else about him.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1335213)
Posted by _Anshin_ on January 18th, 2012 @ 10:10am CST
Rated X wrote:

Two different things totally, so no it is not ironic to me.

As for the bill, you may want to sit down and read the SOPA and PIPA bill a bit more. It isn't so much mom and pop vs walmart, but the Movie Industry and RIAA vs Seibertron.

What will end up happening is the quiet disappearance of sites that may be the next Youtube (Vimeo for example). This bill also has an affect on sites outside of the United States. Imagine Bay getting a hair in the wrong place and filing a petition against KOtoys for having an image of Bumblebee that looks similar to the movie version. That site could be taken down without due process. The time and money it takes to bring the site back up and the loss in revenue could mean death for that site all because of a single image that may or may not have been from his movie.

If this Bill had gone into effect a few years ago, we wouldn't have a YouTube at all. It would have been shut down because of Viacom.

Not fearing it because you are relying on people that are voting on the same technology that they use and don't understand is the equivalent of trusting your best friend to drink and drive because he likes his car and knows to stop at red lights.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1335216)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 18th, 2012 @ 10:18am CST
Um yeah it sucked ass before and it still sucks ass now. Huzzah to the minority! :KREMZEEK: :VEHI:
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Image (1335261)
Posted by Mkall on January 18th, 2012 @ 12:22pm CST
I don't hate it, but whenever someone makes a better homage this figure will be going into the box from which it came.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2005 BotCon Decent Into Darkness Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY