Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel

Transformers News: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel

Thursday, March 29th, 2012 9:26AM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, Collectables, Collector's Club News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 38,552

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Revealed on the Botcon Twitter account today is an awesome picture from a panel in this year's convention comic. This beautiful artwork features a Botcon Exclusive MetalHawk alongside some iconic Generation One characters including Wheeljack, Warpath, Jazz, Tracks and is that Targetmaster Scoop? Check out the image below or follow Botcon on Twitter here!

Image
Credit(s): GetRightRobot
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel (1363570)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 29th, 2012 @ 9:44am CDT
That is indeed Scoop. Any viable molds for this guy, except for C-Landmine?
Re: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel (1363574)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 29th, 2012 @ 9:51am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:That is indeed Scoop. Any viable molds for this guy, except for C-Landmine?


Yea, TFC Structor! :lol:
Re: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel (1363580)
Posted by RiddlerJ on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:03am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:That is indeed Scoop. Any viable molds for this guy, except for C-Landmine?


Maybe PCC Steamhammer.
Re: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel (1363607)
Posted by ILL-Star on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:40am CDT
Energon Sledge fits scoop very well.
Re: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel (1363718)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 29th, 2012 @ 2:31pm CDT
Scoop was a Wrecker in the UK run so it's nice to see him again! His toy was actually the last one my parents bought for me as a kid so fond memories all around!
Re: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel (1363770)
Posted by Stormrider on March 29th, 2012 @ 5:26pm CDT
I am having a hard time accepting the human face on the pretender. I know Metalhawk. Perhaps it would have looked better if the face was painted grey or silver.
Re: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel (1363792)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 29th, 2012 @ 6:33pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:I am having a hard time accepting the human face on the pretender. I know Metalhawk. Perhaps it would have looked better if the face was painted grey or silver.



Yea, I feel your discomfort about the face. If he is as tall as Jazz and Wheeljack and the gang in that panel, than we are dealing with what, a thirty foot tall human? Sabrblade, good time for you to chime in:
Re: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel (1363864)
Posted by Mkall on March 29th, 2012 @ 11:54pm CDT
Personally I'm hoping this is a subtle hint to look for Scoop in the upcoming Generations line...

But then again 2010 featured G2 bots galore and not one of them made it to toy form.
Re: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel (1363915)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 30th, 2012 @ 8:36am CDT
Mkall wrote:Personally I'm hoping this is a subtle hint to look for Scoop in the upcoming Generations line...

But then again 2010 featured G2 bots galore and not one of them made it to toy form.


Not one from the comic, BUT, we did get that awesome G2 Prime! awesome after an expensive 3rd P. upgrade butAwesome. :D Who knows, maybe the free figure this year will be a G1 Scoop reissue! yeah riggghhhhttt.....
Re: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel (1363950)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 30th, 2012 @ 9:58am CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:
Stormrider wrote:I am having a hard time accepting the human face on the pretender. I know Metalhawk. Perhaps it would have looked better if the face was painted grey or silver.



Yea, I feel your discomfort about the face. If he is as tall as Jazz and Wheeljack and the gang in that panel, than we are dealing with what, a thirty foot tall human? Sabrblade, good time for you to chime in:


Will little ol' me do? ;;)

The Pretender Shells were nothing more than suits of armor, if the Marvel comics can attest. Disguise wasn't that much of a concern, except for in their debut, where human looked down upon giant robots, but were apparently perfectly fine with other, more frightening creatures of similar size. Skullgrin even landed a Hollywood movie role. Go figure.
One funny story in the comics is that the Autobot Pretenders landed on a planet with giant humanoid females, and wanted the Pretenders to ehm... :oops:
Re: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel (1363952)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 30th, 2012 @ 10:03am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:
Stormrider wrote:I am having a hard time accepting the human face on the pretender. I know Metalhawk. Perhaps it would have looked better if the face was painted grey or silver.



Yea, I feel your discomfort about the face. If he is as tall as Jazz and Wheeljack and the gang in that panel, than we are dealing with what, a thirty foot tall human? Sabrblade, good time for you to chime in:


Will little ol' me do? ;;)

The Pretender Shells were nothing more than suits of armor, if the Marvel comics can attest. Disguise wasn't that much of a concern, except for in their debut, where human looked down upon giant robots, but were apparently perfectly fine with other, more frightening creatures of similar size. Skullgrin even landed a Hollywood movie role. Go figure.
One funny story in the comics is that the Autobot Pretenders landed on a planet with giant humanoid females, and wanted the Pretenders to ehm... :oops:


I'm kinda slow, so you'll forgive if your explanation doesn't resonate. The only exposure I have to Metalhawk, or Pretenders in general are toys, and Masterforce. In Masterforce, they where human sized while in their "power suits/shells". So you are saying in certain comics, they were indeed GIANT humans, and that is what we are witnessing in this Botcon comic?
Re: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel (1363994)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 30th, 2012 @ 12:12pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:
Stormrider wrote:I am having a hard time accepting the human face on the pretender. I know Metalhawk. Perhaps it would have looked better if the face was painted grey or silver.



Yea, I feel your discomfort about the face. If he is as tall as Jazz and Wheeljack and the gang in that panel, than we are dealing with what, a thirty foot tall human? Sabrblade, good time for you to chime in:


Will little ol' me do? ;;)

The Pretender Shells were nothing more than suits of armor, if the Marvel comics can attest. Disguise wasn't that much of a concern, except for in their debut, where human looked down upon giant robots, but were apparently perfectly fine with other, more frightening creatures of similar size. Skullgrin even landed a Hollywood movie role. Go figure.
One funny story in the comics is that the Autobot Pretenders landed on a planet with giant humanoid females, and wanted the Pretenders to ehm... :oops:


I'm kinda slow, so you'll forgive if your explanation doesn't resonate. The only exposure I have to Metalhawk, or Pretenders in general are toys, and Masterforce. In Masterforce, they where human sized while in their "power suits/shells". So you are saying in certain comics, they were indeed GIANT humans, and that is what we are witnessing in this Botcon comic?


Giant humans and monsters, no resizing at all. I'm still baffled the humans didn't budge or run away scared when they first encountered the Pretenders.
Re: Botcon 2012 - Invasion Comic Panel (1363995)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 30th, 2012 @ 12:14pm CDT
Ok. Well then.... that is something.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Alternity A-02 Nissan Fairlady Z Megatron Blade Silver - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 31 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers AOE Platinum Edition Optimus Prime/Grimlock. MISB. - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 32 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers PRIME Terrorcon Cliffjumper First Edition MOC MIP MIB - Time Remaining: 16 days 2 hours 35 minutes 42 seconds
OPTIMUS PRIME & ONSLAUGHT Transformers Generations Combiner Wars action figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 37 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron FOC Deluxe Class Air Raid NOSC - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 38 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Fansproject Saurus Ryu-Oh Dinoichi G1 Victory Dinoking in USA NOW! - Time Remaining: 21 days 4 hours 39 minutes 10 seconds
Vintage G1 Transformers Stunticons Menasaur Sealed Retro 80's Toys Decepticons - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 41 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Blackout Infrared Helicopter Remote Control Drone - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 43 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #174 - Autobot Jedi Newtypes
Twincast / Podcast #174:
"Autobot Jedi Newtypes"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, May 8th, 2017
Website Security Test