Tuesday, April 21st, 2015 5:11pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 22,442

Fellow Seibertron.com member Sabrblade has picked up on the lastest BotCon 2015 exclusive boxset reveal, showing the Boss figure from Cybertron's Most Wanted ragtag team of toublemakers! Check out the embedded clip below, and let us know what you think of the fourth exclusive figure for this year's event in the Energon Pub.

Credit(s): BotCon

Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677529)
Posted by Rated X on April 21st, 2015 @ 5:24pm CDT
Total fail. Im skipping the set this year. I dont need DOTM homages when I already have the real thing. Ill pay e-bay prices for the Duocons and still save money.
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677541)
Posted by King Kuuga on April 21st, 2015 @ 5:41pm CDT
I give this an eh out of 10. The color pattern is divided up strangely, and the microns are too vibrant compared to his colors. The head sculpts is okay. I'd prefer to just get Breakdown with regular paint apps instead of stickers, but I won't hold my breath.
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677548)
Posted by Amelie on April 21st, 2015 @ 5:47pm CDT
I kinda like Megatron. Its probably my favorite figure of the set as for me its what exclusives should really be about - bonkers homages that have no real place in the main line.

BattleTrap should have been a main line release, as a Voyager case-filler when the movie comes out next year so new molds aren't swamped under the inevitable movie-verse tsunami.
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677551)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 21st, 2015 @ 5:56pm CDT
Oh wow. How much is this set going for? I want that megatron
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677556)
Posted by Starsaber468 on April 21st, 2015 @ 6:07pm CDT
This years botcon set to me is really just a filler set of figures just to fill the gaps of missing figures we wanted but haven't recieved
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677563)
Posted by Autobot_Crossfire on April 21st, 2015 @ 6:13pm CDT
I actually am really liking that paint job on Megs. I think the Breakdown mold works surprisingly well on him. :CON:

I also bet that cybertron Sideways will be the bounty hunter. He would fit in because he is a dimensional traveler, and I can picture him being a bounty hunter.
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677565)
Posted by Powered Convoy on April 21st, 2015 @ 6:20pm CDT
I think this is a great idea.

Scalpel from the mantis Micron in white won't ever stop being a great idea.

I love the face on Megatron. I'm glad that his head didn't end up too small on that body too.

Randy
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677570)
Posted by Evil Eye on April 21st, 2015 @ 6:27pm CDT
Literally my only complaint with Megatron is that his face should have been scarred. That aside I'd be happy to make him my Classics Megatron (or I would if I had the budget). Not sure I'd give him all those Microns but that's OK, all the more for the rest of my 'cons.
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677571)
Posted by ScottyP on April 21st, 2015 @ 6:28pm CDT
This Megatron is cool and I wanna be like him with his rad Micron collection.
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677579)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 21st, 2015 @ 6:48pm CDT
Well, if the last one is Oilmaster, what does anyone think they're going to use for the shell?
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677581)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 21st, 2015 @ 6:51pm CDT

The Microns are cool though, so I'll give them that.
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677582)
Posted by shajaki on April 21st, 2015 @ 6:51pm CDT
Mr.Man on the video says Megs takes notes from Bayverse and G1... I thought that's what this was? :-?

Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677586)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 21st, 2015 @ 6:56pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I like the Boss, and wouldn't mind having more like him, but I can't say I'm not disappointed. Didn't they say that this set would top last year's? I hope this isn't what they were referring to when they said that.

The Microns are cool though, so I'll give them that.

Right now they'r banking most everything in the box set on oilmaster, a double pretender with two robots inside a shell. Outside of that, I suspect the pollybag sets are going to where it it's at.
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677589)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on April 21st, 2015 @ 7:09pm CDT
This set is a snoozer besides Packrat.
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677592)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on April 21st, 2015 @ 7:24pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677599)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 21st, 2015 @ 7:49pm CDT
While I wasn't a fan of the movies... or their toys... I will say I do REALLY like the head sculpt. I think it nailed exactly what they were shooting for. Plus it does exactly what I want to do every time I close my eyes... whitewash the bad movie faces with slightly more G1 versions. Bravo for retconning what movie's toady megatron into something I can be proud of.
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677602)
Posted by Desslok2201 on April 21st, 2015 @ 7:53pm CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:My mother always told me if I don't have anything nice, don't say anything at all. So I'll just say this: I like Battletrap. That is all.

Well, if I use that axiom, then...
... ... ... ... (sound of crickets in the distance)
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677603)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on April 21st, 2015 @ 7:55pm CDT
this Megatron looks like a nice figure ... now if it was a stand alone figure under the CW title, then i would buy it
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677608)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on April 21st, 2015 @ 8:16pm CDT
Megatron looks N-I-C-E! I'm not going to lie, this Megatron is pretty sweet. And using the Breakdown mold was pretty clever. :APPLAUSE:
Re: BotCon 2015 Exclusive 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' Transformers Toy Reveal - The Boss (1677622)
Posted by megatronus on April 21st, 2015 @ 8:55pm CDT
My feelings on this are complicated.

Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-37 Ravage & Bullhorn" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY