BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More

BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More

Friday, April 1st, 2016 9:31am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, People News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 23,166

They just keep coming! Seibertron.com friend Ken Christiansen has shared some of his BotCon 2016 prints and art that will be gracing his table at the event next weekend, and we're sharing with everyone else here - check out below the Optimus/Elita print, and a preview of an upcoming one too..

Transformers News: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More

Credit(s): Ken Christiansen

Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1776943)
Posted by Shuttershock on April 1st, 2016 @ 10:06am CDT
"Optimus? Do...do you think love can bloom...even on a battlefield?"
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1776958)
Posted by Evil Eye on April 1st, 2016 @ 10:33am CDT

The Optimus and Elita pic is really well done too.
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1776961)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 1st, 2016 @ 10:36am CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:That Animatedverse Armada Megatron is sublime, and now I want a toy based on it.
I think it's still meant to just be Armada Megatron proper, only rendered in a style that wouldn't clash too much with Optimus's design. David Kaye vs. David Kaye and whatnot. ;)
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1776962)
Posted by Evil Eye on April 1st, 2016 @ 10:43am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Huh, I didn't think of the David Kaye vs David Kaye thing... :lol:

An Armada Megatron toy with the articulation, engineering and styling of the Animated line would be awesome though. I guess I am biased as next to the RID 2001 design, Armada Megatron is my favourite Megatron design ever, and I do love the Animated style (despite never having seen the show). If I were more confident I'd customize an Animated Shockwave toy into him- his transformation is pretty simple, he looks quite similar and with the magic of kitbashing/Shapeways it's be possible to bulk up the figure/add Megatron-y surface detail without compromising articulation or transformation.
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1776967)
Posted by Va'al on April 1st, 2016 @ 10:53am CDT
Yet another artist attending BotCon 2016 will be the latest addition to the IDW team, Sara Pitre Durocher, who will bring original and cover art in print form to the Artist Alley, plus a little special extra, which cannot unfortunately be shared yet- check them out!

Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1776972)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 1st, 2016 @ 11:01am CDT
Check out those Seekers in the last one. Starscream's in his Leader class Generations body, Thundercracker's in his Legends class Generations body, and Skywarp's in his Deluxe class Generations/FOC body.

Even though the Leader and Legends Seekers bodies are technically supposed to represent the same body-type, but oh well.
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1776973)
Posted by Va'al on April 1st, 2016 @ 11:08am CDT
Brendan Cahill will also be attending BotCon 2016 next weekend, and will be bringing a number of new prints over to Artist Alley, featuring everyone's favourite robots but also some Jem and the Holograms and Star Wars the Force Awakens - but check out the Transformers ones below, with MTMTE, Wreckers (these two with colours by Joana Lafuente) and Devastator represented!

Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1776977)
Posted by Va'al on April 1st, 2016 @ 11:28am CDT
Casey Coller, the author of the Judd Nelson VIP print with Josh Perez, will also be bringing some older Rodimus and Beast Wars themed art prints to BotCon 2016 in Louisville this weekend, plus a new President Prime one (with Joana Lafuente), as you can see below! Anything catching your optics..?

Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1776992)
Posted by Va'al on April 1st, 2016 @ 12:49pm CDT
Seibertron.com friend and regular artist on IDW's The Transformers ongoing series Andrew Griffith has dropped by with some late-breaking news - he will be attending BotCon 2016 after all! However, as he will not technically be a guest, he will be in the Grand Ballroom area of the event. Find out more here and below, and check out some of the art coming along with him!

Hey everyone,

As you may have seen me announce yesterday, I had to unfortunately cancel on Emerald City Comic Con. I just wasn’t able to confirm in time, despite them generously giving me extra time to do so.

However, since then I have been able to make another show work that is closer and goes for less days, and is therefore easier for me to do.

Yes, I will have a table at Botcon in Louisville, kentucky!

There were no Artist Alley tables available when I signed up, but they were able to set me up with an exhibitor booth.

Please note: I'll be in the Grand Ballroom area, not in Artist Alley

I’ll also, have a new print of Drift in his MTMTE season 1 and 2 design!

I don’t think I’ll have much time to do sketches before coming to Kentucky, but I’ll take a limited amount of sketches ahead of time. If nothing else, they’ll be the first on my list at the show. I’ll be doing as many as I can take during the show.

If you’re interested in a sketch, email me at glovestudios@gmail.com. I’m going to try to limit myself to 5.

My prices are below.

9”x12”
Head sketch $30
Bust $50

11”x14”
Bust $70
Full Body $120

For color, add $25

This will actually be only the second time I’ve tabled at a Botcon, so I’m anxious to see how it will be. Please come by and say hello!

And it will be my very first time in Kentucky, so I’m looking forward to experiencing that Southern hospitality I’ve heard so much about!

Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1777000)
Posted by Amelie on April 1st, 2016 @ 1:05pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote: Image

Thanks to this picture - I can't get the thought out of my head that Hot Rod is now Deadpool.
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1777005)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 1st, 2016 @ 1:12pm CDT
I love all of these so much :MAXIMAL:
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1777012)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 1st, 2016 @ 1:38pm CDT
Amelie wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote: Image

hotrod is now deadpool?? #-o ....whaaaa?

was there another breakfast club parody that I missed?
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1777013)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 1st, 2016 @ 1:42pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:

Oh, and this would be my prize to buy if I were going. So much yes :MAXIMAL:
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1777014)
Posted by Shuttershock on April 1st, 2016 @ 1:54pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
Amelie wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote: Image

hotrod is now deadpool?? #-o ....whaaaa?

was there another breakfast club parody that I missed?

Must be talking about a DP poster.

Also, by reference logic Rodimus should be sitting in the back for that group shot.
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1777019)
Posted by Va'al on April 1st, 2016 @ 2:33pm CDT
The print predates the BotCon announcement, but yes, Whirl is Judd Nelson according to the original poster:

As for the Deadpool image Amelie is talking about, I think she means this one:

Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1777027)
Posted by Amelie on April 1st, 2016 @ 2:58pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:As for the Deadpool image Amelie is talking about, I think she means this one:

Thats the one. Its all I can see. I think its the red.
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1777030)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 1st, 2016 @ 3:13pm CDT
Well this got interesting and i love it. Didn't even get the breakfast club reference but hey! now I do :MAXIMAL:
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1777058)
Posted by DeathReviews on April 1st, 2016 @ 5:03pm CDT
Elita's..... diode looks quite organic anyway.
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1777085)
Posted by bdixonarts on April 1st, 2016 @ 8:30pm CDT
I'm excited to be bringing all our Rainmaker prints. I will also be bringing some custom made transformer jewery. Both for the male and female fans, plus plenty of other goodies :)
Re: BotCon 2016 Art Prints: Ken Christiansen on Optimus and Elita One and More (1777111)
Posted by Rainmaker on April 2nd, 2016 @ 1:10am CDT
Cyclonus X Tailgate one is awesome, does that actually happen in the comic? :APPLAUSE:

:MAXIMAL:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 26 WWII World War 2" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RISE OF THE DECEPTICONS # 24 OCT 2020 NEW COVER A" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Autobot TAILGATE and GROUNDBUSTER" on EBAY
Buy "1985 SCRAPPER G1 TAKARA TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCTICON (DEVASTATOR) HASBRO DECPTICON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Western Star 5700XE Jada" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action figures - Brand new sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Battle Masters Siege War CALIBURST Takara Tomy B" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Thunderhowl Figure 2021 MOC Hasbro" on EBAY