BotCon Sky-Byte Head Detail

BotCon Sky-Byte Head Detail

Friday, May 14th, 2010 2:39pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 47,062

Pete@BotCon has just posted close up pictures of Sky-Byte's remolded head over in the club forums.

If you are a Club Member, head on over there now! Be sure to keep a browser window open to Seibertron.com for breaking BotCon 2010 coverage!

Credit(s): Pete@BotCon

Re: BotCon Sky-Byte Head Detail (1074401)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 14th, 2010 @ 2:43pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Skybyte looks really good.

He may be my favorite of the box set.
Re: BotCon Sky-Byte Head Detail (1074403)
Posted by Rated X on May 14th, 2010 @ 2:46pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Rated X wrote:His mouth looks so stupid...

Sadly its very close to what it looks like in the original toy, for the most part what he looked like in the cartoon. We can't blame Fun Pub for staying accurate .

The only thing missing, is the chrome. Other than that I think he looks very nice. and the mold is leagues better than the original toy. And yes I own R.I.D. Sky Byte.

Hm, I much rather prefer the Sharkticon style repaint. The face kinda reminds me of the faces they gave the old ninja turtles toys. It doesn't really match with the rest of the figure. To be honest, they could have re-released the Skybite figure and then repainted THAT in Sharkticon colours and give it a "drone" looking face. That would have been pretty entertaining.

G2 accurate or not, the face blows. And I agree, it looks like a ninja turtle mouth. This has to be the worst figure in the set. I dont think robots need teeth.
Re: BotCon Sky-Byte Head Detail (1074418)
Posted by Dagon on May 14th, 2010 @ 3:18pm CDT
Prime Evil wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:Have they removed the stamped Decepticon symbol from the Energon chip doohickie? Makes sense given that he's a Pred, but as far as I can remember that's the first time we've seen that done with an Energon mould.

Nope, they club did the same thing with Airrazor. :D

Yeah, didn't they just paint over the chip or did they replace it? I know it's silvery-grey but I'm not sure if it was replaced with, like, a plug or if it's just some paint.

OTherwise, Sky Byte looks cute. I'm sure he's mad at me for saying that, but I like this figure. I know it has been asked already, but is there word if the Sharkticons are going to get a Sweeps-style release like last years' . . . Sweeps. . . did?
Re: BotCon Sky-Byte Head Detail (1074423)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 14th, 2010 @ 3:31pm CDT
Rated X wrote: I dont think robots need teeth.

What about robot piranha? Or Insecticons? :P
Re: BotCon Sky-Byte Head Detail (1074446)
Posted by Neurie on May 14th, 2010 @ 4:07pm CDT
Re: BotCon Sky-Byte Head Detail (1074456)
Posted by LiKwid on May 14th, 2010 @ 4:16pm CDT
Sky-Byte looks pissed about something...Oh it must be because none of us can register to get him!

All of the figures in the set look great..It's a shame that this year will be remembered for the total pooch screw that is registration...
Re: BotCon Sky-Byte Head Detail (1074464)
Posted by First-Aid on May 14th, 2010 @ 4:23pm CDT
In honor of Sky Byte, a haiku:

I like this figure
He looks like he had a stroke
His face is crooked

:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: BotCon Sky-Byte Head Detail (1074470)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 14th, 2010 @ 4:35pm CDT
Sky-Byte's in G2?
He's a dimension-hopper?
Or a new namesake?

I want this toy bad!
But I cannot register.
Can someone help me?
Re: BotCon Sky-Byte Head Detail (1074508)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 14th, 2010 @ 6:36pm CDT
Neurie wrote:For some reason the Botcon versions head reminds me of the outer shell of thunder wing, cant say why

When I saw pics of him a couple weeks ago, I thought he was supposed to be Thunderwing at first glance. The new head and color scheme create an interesting resemblance, and this mold even has alt-mode gunbarrels jutting out at useless places in robot mode (though not the shoulders, which aren't rounded enough).

If only Botcon had remolded Energon Megatron into Thunderwing instead of going through the glass with him.

If there's a problem with his face, it might be that compared to the original TM2 Cybershark mold, this new sculpt actually doesn't look crazy enough.

Suppose Fan's Project will take the City Commander concept one step further and make armor to disguise him as Fire Convoy or Rail Racer? Once Fox neutered the series after 9/11, it seemed like every other ep that aired had him playing dress-up.
Re: BotCon Sky-Byte Head Detail (1074519)
Posted by Blurrz on May 14th, 2010 @ 6:57pm CDT
Skybyte looks to have a solid paint job. I think Pyro is the best figure of the set, Streetstar is the weakest..
Re: BotCon Sky-Byte Head Detail (1074978)
Posted by primal primus on May 16th, 2010 @ 10:18am CDT
:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Commander Class Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Hasbro Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 AUTOBOT RATCHET Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 G1 Transformers - Devastator Scrapper Payloader - Near Complete" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Hasbro DOUBLECROSSER Transformers WFC Earthrise BattleMaster Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Scrapper 1984" on EBAY