Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay!

Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay!

Wednesday, May 26th, 2010 11:40am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Knock Offs
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 43,017

We have been alerted that a seller from Hong Kong has been listing counterfeit Device Label figures on eBay. The good news: the counterfeits are somewhat blatant, with hints including strangely low prices, a "white" Ravage, and the fact that some contain anywhere from one to eight gigabytes, while legit ones only have two.

To view the auctions referenced, click here, here or here.

Credit(s): Hunter M.

Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1078903)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 26th, 2010 @ 11:50am CDT
All but one have already ended. Is EBay usually that quick with responding?
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1078907)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 26th, 2010 @ 12:04pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:All but one have already ended. Is EBay usually that quick with responding?

eBay has never shown much interest in removing KO products from their listings. They probably ended because they ended; that's all.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1078912)
Posted by --B-- on May 26th, 2010 @ 12:17pm CDT
The KO DL Ravages are pretty obvious, as the KO has actual screw heads in the joints rather than the nice rounded rivits of a real DL Ravage. And the legs are white, not silver.

I recently sold a KO DL Ravage (listed as such!) and they are actualy pretty nice, but the one I had was about 25% larger than the real deal.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1078925)
Posted by roboticplanet on May 26th, 2010 @ 12:57pm CDT
Uhhhh, these have been for sale on eBay nearly as long as the authentic ones; maybe year now?

GuyIncognito wrote:

Since Hasbro / TakaraTomy aren't participating in eBay's VERO program for IP owners, the only way an item even gets removed for a policy violation, like being a KO, is when many people take the time to report it. GI is right, these ended normally.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1079023)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 26th, 2010 @ 5:36pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:The good news: the counterfeits are somewhat blatant

Somewhat blatant? Maybe it's because I can look up at the shelf above my computer to make a comparison, but the white Ravage figure meant to be Tigatron couldn't be more blatant to someone that has him.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1079042)
Posted by Optimutt on May 26th, 2010 @ 6:53pm CDT
ShGarland_1383 wrote:
Nekoman wrote:The good news: the counterfeits are somewhat blatant

Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1079043)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 26th, 2010 @ 7:10pm CDT
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1079058)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 26th, 2010 @ 7:51pm CDT
Optimutt wrote:And therein lies the problem. The people who want to get these things are generally the people who DON'T already have them. Then comes the sucker punch of it being a KO.

Good point.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1079060)
Posted by Abraxsis on May 26th, 2010 @ 8:08pm CDT
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1079125)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 27th, 2010 @ 3:28am CDT
Abraxsis wrote:I'm def going to have to keep an eye out for these. I'd really love an 8gb Ravage KO, since I can't really afford or want to pay the cost of a real one. Plus 2gb? Worthless to me as a flash drive.

I'd personally put down a little extra for the legit. I can't blame ya though. 2GB's pretty small, and J-List is asking $42 (before shipping) for Cheetas.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1079155)
Posted by --B-- on May 27th, 2010 @ 6:34am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Anybody know how durable they are? The leg on my Ravage broke from how I was holding it to slide the stick out. If these have stronger legs AND 8gb of memory I might be going for one.

The one I had was pretty good, plastic was nice, no rust, and felt a lot like the real one. And I would have kept it and sold my real one if it were not the fact that there was a gaping hole in mine where the memory part was missing. If the new KO's that have the memory have the sliding part intact, I'd say go for it, the legs could easily be either painted and or silver sharpied into looking like the real deal.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1079472)
Posted by Cybertronian on May 27th, 2010 @ 10:34pm CDT

Good question.
As much as I'd want an original (and I do frequently use 2GB jump drives), the opportunity to get a 4GB Ravage (or better yet, to stuff 4GB guts into a Ravage -- and have it work!) is too big to pass up.
I'll probably pick up Cheetor to save my Freedom Force (PC Game) files on. But Ravage would carry generic information.
I wish someone would make an orange version of Tigatron. (Maybe a 4GB one?) I'm at University of Memphis, which has a bengal (read: orange!) tiger as a mascot.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1079476)
Posted by Mkall on May 27th, 2010 @ 11:08pm CDT
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Device Label Shows Up on eBay! (1079479)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 27th, 2010 @ 11:21pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I'd be VERY careful with these KO USB Ravages, I'm willing to bet they're loaded with spyware and other crap.

Good point. Anyone know someone who has one of these and uses it?

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers robots in disguise generations Megatron, Scourge, Primus and More!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY
Buy "SUPER 7 REACTION TRANSFORMERS GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE ACTION FIGURE NEW IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: 2017 Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY